Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Nishijin B sumo wrestlers

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Smile Nishijin B sumo wrestlers

Starting project 2 and it is filthy... less burns though.
    Start pic:
    C764EFA2-3A8F-45D2-986B-C490F947A221.jpeg
    And back
    9292C240-9729-40A2-B439-06E2E9B97538.jpeg
    I already got most of the jam out... they backed up the tulips. Some balls were fully rusted and some were, well, clean which was odd. It looks like someone removed two nails from the field above the sumos and the banners don’t fully go out to let a ball slide on top of the sumo wrestling part, which I find odd, should it? The nails removed would have held them in.

Except for the cover, it seems complete and the metal parts except the chrome are not rusty.

i opened the ball feeder drawer and the part that swings out, the end is broken (plastic pin that swings), but seems functional.

This one has glass and not plexi! Wow!

The center tulips still seems to get jammed, but I won’t know until I can test after a clean... is this something that can be fixed?

thanks!
    Jewelry Metalworking, Chainmaille, Pachinko
    Pliers make me happy

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Rumpled

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Nishijin B sumo wrestlers

I have not seen the Sumo with that top flow through before, all I have seen have the face.

Sumo.JPG

Perhaps the flip face broke and was replaced , the holes look to line up to where the face would have been.

The brass points in the tulips can be adjusted if the balls don't pass correctly for the tulip to function.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks. Cleaning for now... weird that got changed especially as it matches the bottom. And my background looks different than yours. No wonder I can’t find anything about it. It was not messed with on the back and still stapled, so I did not think it was changed by anyone.

Oh and I totally take back the rust part. It is not rusty everywhere, it where it is, it is super rusty and the chrome is either nice or orange peel. Blah.
    Pliers make me happy

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Rumpled

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Lots of center features have been placed on multiple backgrounds. I had a Sumo model once, different background than yours. Cheers, hope you get it all working!
    Pachinko -Nishijin "C" Fishing Game & Hockey, Red Lions, CR Red Lions, Heiwa Double Wing, Takao Bruce Lee, SanseiR&D 777 Sevens Rock, Sankyo Wanted!, lots of other vintages!; Pachislo -SPIN LUCK, Kung Fu Lady, Gamera High Grade, Gundam

8. The following user says "Thanks" to naha13

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The “audience” behind the sumo wrestlers is damaged. Any tips on that one?

The glitchy tulip is working in tests (where I drop a ball in it) but looks terrible, looks like someone punched it. The top is bent back, one of the sides is twisted and the tulip sticker is damaged (the least of it all). It is a center tulip so I don’t know if I can take it off without consequences?
    F891F756-27B6-488D-ADFC-CC56E950F145.jpeg

I think I can modify the top flow to let the balls go the way there were supposed too, by opening up the sides a bit? I suppose it is impossible to find the proper top flow?

Ordered polishes and all... cleaned up my previous plexiglass with toothpaste and it shined up very nicely and took down most of the small scratches (in jewelry class we use it to polish, and I even polished a piece of Amber with toothpaste). Also backed wet/dry sandpaper with tape, cut into strips, and used that in tiny spots and the pins.
    Pliers make me happy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

For the center sticker. I have glued them back if loose. Or had replacements made with vinyl.

Should be able to remove the tulip for repair without effecting anything.

Agree with finding the flip face for the top a tough go. Don't recall seeing it on any other machines than the sumo.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i don't ever recall seeing a tulip held in that that kind of screw.. my guess it it has been out before and reinstalled with those screws..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is the sticker to make it clear...it is damaged so I can’t really make a copy. (Tee hee sumo butt)
    8AA4B752-3842-4E70-8C02-CA9A63F0BFE0.jpeg

I did not not think about the screws, Moparpreformances, and there are several on the face, so someone has messed with this front, but oddly not the back aka the jackpot was still covered.

Looking like this may be a parts machine... I wanted to keep this one and give the other one to my brother. Dang.
    Pliers make me happy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you can disassemble and scan the sticker of the audience, a basic drawing program could be used to fill in the damaged area. Then print a new one on label paper. Just a thought, and I have no idea how difficult or easy it would be to access the existing sticker...

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to machgo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That type of tulip will stay open if a ball enters from above. There is a tiny ramp inside behind where the sticker is. The ramp "bumps" the ball towards the rear of the tulip...causing it to miss thelever that closes it. A ball from the side will close it.
    I have seen many pics of the sumo wrestler machines. However, I never paid attention to the part above the wrestlers. So I do not know what is common or normal for it. That being said...many machines having the same center have other features on the playfield different. From your pics I believe it was made that way. Although the holes do look like they line up with the mounting holes for the "face", I don't see any "dirt or fade lines" in a round shape where the "face" would have been. Also, I don't think that the removed nails prevent the dangling things (I think they are called jellyfish) fron swinging open...like a hanemono (wing type). If I am not mistaken, hanemonos are not vintage machines. I believe they began with early moderns, as they are electrically operated.
    That paragraph was because you stated "the nails removed would hold them in". If you touch one of them, it should swing back and forth, pivoting at the top. If the nails would hold them in, and prevented the balls from entering the center, they would need to pivot at the bottom. Plus there would have to be some kind of mechanical linkage to operate thwm. Not to mention whatever device to activate them. Like you said...nails blocking them would not make sense. Looks to me that they were removed to make jackpots easier. Never mind...I just looked at an enlarged pic, and if the nails were there...they would make a spot where a ball could get stuck. Now I am confused as well!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpled View Post
    Here is the sticker to make it clear...it is damaged so I can’t really make a copy. (Tee hee sumo butt)
    8AA4B752-3842-4E70-8C02-CA9A63F0BFE0.jpeg

I did not not think about the screws, Moparpreformances, and there are several on the face, so someone has messed with this front, but oddly not the back aka the jackpot was still covered.

Looking like this may be a parts machine... I wanted to keep this one and give the other one to my brother. Dang.
    The screws for the tulip do look odd! As memory has it...they are usually tiny flat head screws...that always get damaged when removed. The other screws on front, are they all the sama...or mismatched?
    I dont see why this would be a parts machine...am I missing something?

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by machgo View Post
    If you can disassemble and scan the sticker of the audience, a basic drawing program could be used to fill in the damaged area. Then print a new one on label paper. Just a thought, and I have no idea how difficult or easy it would be to access the existing sticker...
    I will see if I can get to the sticker at the back. If not, it is not super noticeable but a bummer.
    Pliers make me happy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    That type of tulip will stay open if a ball enters from above. There is a tiny ramp inside behind where the sticker is. The ramp "bumps" the ball towards the rear of the tulip...causing it to miss thelever that closes it. A ball from the side will close it.
    I have seen many pics of the sumo wrestler machines. However, I never paid attention to the part above the wrestlers. So I do not know what is common or normal for it. That being said...many machines having the same center have other features on the playfield different. From your pics I believe it was made that way. Although the holes do look like they line up with the mounting holes for the "face", I don't see any "dirt or fade lines" in a round shape where the "face" would have been. Also, I don't think that the removed nails prevent the dangling things (I think they are called jellyfish) fron swinging open...like a hanemono (wing type). If I am not mistaken, hanemonos are not vintage machines. I believe they began with early moderns, as they are electrically operated.
    That paragraph was because you stated "the nails removed would hold them in". If you touch one of them, it should swing back and forth, pivoting at the top. If the nails would hold them in, and prevented the balls from entering the center, they would need to pivot at the bottom. Plus there would have to be some kind of mechanical linkage to operate thwm. Not to mention whatever device to activate them. Like you said...nails blocking them would not make sense. Looks to me that they were removed to make jackpots easier. Never mind...I just looked at an enlarged pic, and if the nails were there...they would make a spot where a ball could get stuck. Now I am confused as well!
    The “top flow” jelly fish (that makes sense) does not allow the ball to hit the sumos below, it hangs in the center instead of going to one side or the other, I assume that would be the win of the sumo round, and empties into a holes next to the audience. So my idea was to adjust the jelly fish so it could open its legs so to speak and it would work to hit the sumo guys, and then adjust the pins, otherwise you can never hit the center.

I have not not been able to play the game properly just been testing balls... still cleaning.
    Pliers make me happy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I will see if I can get to the sticker at the back. If not, it is not super noticeable but a bummer.
    Center feature will come out from the front. You may need to remove 1 or both spinners near it.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, thought I read from the back.
    Last edited by Tink; 07-09-2018 at 10:43 PM.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The “top flow” jelly fish (that makes sense) does not allow the ball to hit the sumos below, it hangs in the center instead of going to one side or the other, I assume that would be the win of the sumo round, and empties into a holes next to the audience. So my idea was to adjust the jelly fish so it could open its legs so to speak and it would work to hit the sumo guys, and then adjust the pins, otherwise you can never hit the center.

I have not not been able to play the game properly just been testing balls... still cleaning.
    So, the area just below the jellyfish is a flat spot on top of the square between the "candy stripes"? That is the only way I can imagine it not allowing the ball into the center feature. I am assuming that the area behind the "candy stripes" are sloped ramps that direct the balls left or right. Maybe a pic looking down for clarity. If this is the case...that is a reasonably good indication that tha "face" MAY have been changed. Along with the looks that the missing nails would probably cause a trap for balls. Spreading the legs of the jellyfish probably would not help much. However, if there are ramps behind the "candy stripes"...then maybe adding a single nail just above the place that the ball gets trapped at, would force the ball to go one side or the other. As you probably already know...balancing a pachinko ball on a nail is difficult. Especially a moving one!

25. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pictures show the story best... they look like owls lol...
    209FB721-F58B-412D-8E6E-866CE29E3EEC.jpegAnd if you tilt the sumos like it should you get...stuck!
    DF7B943C-B9CC-4739-AE26-676FCB20E9A1.jpegWhich is why the nails above are so tight no ball can get through.
    i wonder if I can move it up in place of some of the other nails and it would work... the center feature not working is a bummer.

I am currently in search of superballs... the bumper flaked off but was gooey inside.
    Pliers make me happy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pictures show the story best... they look like owls lol...
    209FB721-F58B-412D-8E6E-866CE29E3EEC.jpegAnd if you tilt the sumos like it should you get...stuck!
    DF7B943C-B9CC-4739-AE26-676FCB20E9A1.jpegWhich is why the nails above are so tight no ball can get through.
    i wonder if I can move it up in place of some of the other nails and it would work... the center feature not working is a bummer.

I am currently in search of superballs... the bumper flaked off but was gooey inside.
    Will bringing it up to touch the above nails give the clearance required for the ball to pass?

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes. I removed the jellyfish (being weak is not a plus here, so I mangled a couple of nails... ) and moved it up and applied it temporarily with museum putty. Just a little bit more clearance means it works. But I mangled the field a bit. With the extra holes and all, this is a field replacement coming up... yikes.

So I ordered more nails off eBay, and I have to figure out a way to reconfigure the pins on top, the rest seem to be fine.

Thanks for the help...
    Pliers make me happy

30. The following user says "Thanks" to Rumpled

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Decided to do a complete tear down and replace the background etc. as not happy with the placement of the top flow and the butterflies are off, and the holes... biting off more than I can chew for sure.
    Painting is fun though and since the top is already off, I might as well play with customization.
    6FAAC327-0EC0-435D-91C2-2DA73BCDD852.jpeg
    (Thanks for the tip re toothpicks!)

Has anyone done crazy spinners? Pink is just a bit blah... I tried to search but nothing came up.
    Pliers make me happy

32. The following user says "Thanks" to Rumpled

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast