Picked up a new machine

https://imgur.com/a/PDANpoN

Freddy vs Jason

Seems like it plays good, I don't know exactly HOW to play it...

The buttons don't seem like they work though. The two red buttons on the faceplate don't do anything, the four way buttons next to the ash tray don't do anything and the big button that says "push" doesn't do anything. The person I bought it from said he also doesn't think they work.

I have been going through the wiring and it looks like all the wires are good and the connections are solid, except for some of the thin black and white wires, some of those look like they are cut and there is a tiny four pin plug that is hanging in that black and white bundle but I can't figure where it should plug in.

The game was earth shatteringly loud, but the yellow switch on the back seems to turn it down a little.

Does anyone who has experience with these "high tech" games have any advice on how to get the buttons to work again? Or some general advice on what the goal of the game is? Is there some kind of test mode (like a pinball machine has) that can make all the lights come on or the spinner lights on the side go without having to hit the jackpot? I am trying to find a technical manual.

Thanks,

-RW