Thread: New Machine Freddy vs. Jason

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Machine Freddy vs. Jason

Picked up a new machine

https://imgur.com/a/PDANpoN

Freddy vs Jason

Seems like it plays good, I don't know exactly HOW to play it...

The buttons don't seem like they work though. The two red buttons on the faceplate don't do anything, the four way buttons next to the ash tray don't do anything and the big button that says "push" doesn't do anything. The person I bought it from said he also doesn't think they work.

I have been going through the wiring and it looks like all the wires are good and the connections are solid, except for some of the thin black and white wires, some of those look like they are cut and there is a tiny four pin plug that is hanging in that black and white bundle but I can't figure where it should plug in.

The game was earth shatteringly loud, but the yellow switch on the back seems to turn it down a little.

Does anyone who has experience with these "high tech" games have any advice on how to get the buttons to work again? Or some general advice on what the goal of the game is? Is there some kind of test mode (like a pinball machine has) that can make all the lights come on or the spinner lights on the side go without having to hit the jackpot? I am trying to find a technical manual.

Thanks,

-RW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Machine Freddy vs. Jason

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Redwizard000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The two red buttons are for use in the parlor. They are ball lend and ball return buttons. You can use them at home if you purchase a DaveRob dongle available at pinballdave.com. It allows you to release balls from the rear reward hopper into the front play tray so you don’t have to manually scoop them from another ball bin and manually fill the front tray.

I can’t see the four way button in your photos, but I am guessing it is the button used to navigate through on screen menu options. Of course these all all in Japanese and of very little use to you unless you read Japanese.

The push button is triggered throughout gameplay. The machine will display a picture of the button with PUSH written on the screen. You push the button at that point to try to achieve a given outcome.

It seems that the buttons are probably all working as expected. Also, any official manual you find will be in Japanese. There are some translations here on the site that you can check to see if anyone has translated for your frame. There is no real test mode, but generally upon start up the machine will cycle through all its functions.

At a a very high level, the goal is to get balls into the lower start pocket which triggers the numbers on the screen to spin like a slot machine. Three of the same number triggers a fever which can be of various number of rounds. During the fever you shoot balls into the open drop gate and the machine pays off large numbers of balls.

The sticky threads in the modern section have more in depth details of modern machine features, strategy, and how to play.

5. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Large number of balls" is an understatement... I got the fever mode and I lost track of the number of times that I refilled the machine before it finally stopped.

None of the edge lights or spinner lights in the cylinder came on (I have seen it in a youtube video) so either there is another mode or it or the lights don't work.

Thanks for the info.

-RW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

More info in case someone else ever needs it.

Fixed the buttons and the lights and the top cylinder motors. The lower cylinder wire harness is badly damaged and I would have to take the front of the machine apart to fix it.

There was a ribbon leading to a board that was unplugged. From the angle I was looking at it previously it looked like it was connected. The white and black wires run to motors that turn a card on the cylinder. White goes to the top motor and black goes to the bottom. The big red PUSH button takes you to a stage select screen where you use the D pad to select either Jason or Freddy stage (basically just changes the backdrop, at least that is all I can tell.) Also, sometimes it tells you to push the big button when the reels are spinning for a skill stop.

If you get two of the three blue numbers sometimes it takes you to a bonus stage where either Freddy or Jason attack. It is just a video, no interaction is possible. Sometimes you get the 3rd number and it triggers the 15 stage fever mode.

If you get two of the three red numbers sometimes it triggers a mini game where you use the D pad to pick either Jason or Freddy and they fight. If you picked the winner you get the 3rd number and it triggers the 15 stage fever mode.

It is suggested on the LED light panel to the left that there is also a 2 stage fever mode but I have never gotten it. The pocket with the little ramp turns on the LED lights in the yellow part of the LED panel, but I don't know what they mean. The little ramp pocket triggers the tulip to open and close.

The fever mode runs for 15 rounds, the lower square ramp opens and you shoot balls into it for 15 balls won per ball in the ramp. It shows stills from the Freddy vs Jason movie with Japanese text below it. One of the stars in the LED panel lights up after a fever mode, I guess one represents the Jason fever and one the Freddy fever. If you get the same one again it says "Jason's back" or "Freddy's back" depending on which was already lit. Doesn't seem like it makes a difference payout wise though, just cosmetic.

One time during a fever mode the machine went full J-Pop mode and started singing in Japanese...

I ordered a smart card reader thing from pinballdave.com (thanks Spyder) and I am working on a ball lifter using a customized version of this - https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2361236 I am modeling adapters so I can put a ramp and connect a PVC pipe to it.

Thanks guys.

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Redwizard000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That 2 round fever is probably one of those “continuation” bonuses. For example. If you get a certain combination of numbers on 1/319 sea story machines, it will send the machine into ST (special time)(purple background(which is also achieved by 3 odd numbers)) where the fever is easier to get. The jackpot door during these 2 round “continuation” bonuses will only open 2 times for a split second each time. I haven’t played the Freddy vs Jason machines but I assume it’s the same kind of thing.

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777