Thread: Wiring/Lights Problem on Sankyo High Performance Machine

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Wiring/Lights Problem on Sankyo High Performance Machine

Hope somebody can shed some light on this problem.
    I have a Sankyo High Performance machine that I've restored about 75% and it works quite well. However, I've noticed a number of lights don't light up. Below is a picture of the machine. The black X's denote an area where the light doesn't work. Yellow X is a good light.

The bar at the top of the machine contains 6 LED's. I've checked the continuity of the bulbs and the wire from the main PC board up to the lights also has continuity. That one has me stumped. The others are a bit harder to get at with out some disassembly. I don't see any pinched wires anywhere.

Bad bulbs? If so, anybody know where to get replacements?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Magic Dan
    Magic Pachinko Restorations on FaceBook

DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0002.JPG

For some reason the pic I took with the black and yellow X's won't upload. The lower lights work (3 in the middle and the 2 pay pockets) None of the upper lights work. Two on the sides, 2 pay pockets and 2 spinners plus the 6 lights at the top of the unit.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Wiring/Lights Problem on Sankyo High Performance Machine

Have you gotten to the point of a fever round where the center attraction is taking in many winning balls? This is when more of the lights on both the frame and cell light up and flash for mine.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Have you gotten to the point of a fever round where the center attraction is taking in many winning balls? This is when more of the lights on both the frame and cell light up and flash for mine.
    Yes, I have gotten the fever round where everything goes crazy. Upper lights still don't light up.....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Have you checked all of the connections on this board in the yellow box? I'm assuming that you machine is very similar to mine on the backside. Seems to be a point of signals to various spots sent out from the control box. Mine has a two wire (yellow) connection that feeds up to the top light bar on the frame.

More of these wire sets are accessible by swinging open the smoked plastic housing after the machine is opened up from the frame.

Umbrellaman wiring connection board.jpg

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

some older machines, the top lights only light up when something is wrong, like out of payout balls, so play with no balls in payout, and see if lights come on then, machine will remember how much it owes you
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

8. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Sammy machine from the 80's and when I started playing it was leaning against wall, due to being at a angle the lights lit up for a tilt like problem, machine alarms went off and upper lights started flashing, had to reset to make it stop, I have it on a table now with feet, and have not heard that alarm since, and haven't seen upper lights lit at all
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

10. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update on wiring/lights.

I swung the guts off and spent about an hour unplugging everything I could and spraying it with contact cleaner. Then fired it back up.
    Now I have a series of lights within the red plastic border (where the 5 & 10 is). Pretty sure they didn't come on before.
    So here is what I do. I drop a ball in each of the three lower pay pockets and then a couple into the center attraction. This starts what I believe is called the fever round. Lots of flashing lights, music and singing. However, when it's over I get an E2 error with beeping. Have to unplug the machine to get it to turn off.

Also, I noticed one of the pay pockets only had one light lit instead of two. I pulled it out and checked for continuity on both bulbs. Don't understand why one would light and not the other one...... Also found out how to replace them. Anybody know where to get replacement bulbs.

I appreciate all the help so far! Does anybody know of a source to find out what should "officially" happen when the fever round activates? I'm only assuming certain things should light up as I can see the lights! And exactly what is an E2 error. Does this info exist somewhere?
    Last edited by MagicDan; 06-30-2018 at 03:12 PM.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

some hanemono style machines hate it if you hit the jackpot, but don't shot balls into the centre feature, The machine shuts down with an error and a mains reset is the only way to cure it.

as for what happens, it varies per machine, but its usesnal to have 2 digit counters. one counts the jackpot round, the other counts how many balls have gone in the V pocket per round.
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Off the top of my head I am not sure what the E2 code relates to. I do know that with my similar machine in the same frame, when I run out of reward balls during a fever round the alarm will sound and it all locks up until I cycle the power again. I had a part of the center attraction break off so unfortunately I cannot check to see what code comes up as mine is DOA for now.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

More update:
    Because I cheat to get the fever round started, I believe if I stop shooting balls and the fever round stops, it will give the E2 error. Haven't verified that yet.

Also, for some reason, some more lights started to work! Now the only lights that don't work are the two top spinners. Woo Hoo! Progress.
    I know I have at least one bad bulb.

Need a source for LED bulbs if anybody knows one.

Dan

17. The following user says "Thanks" to MagicDan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

"Some hanemono style machines hate it if you hit the jackpot, but don't shot balls into the centre feature, The machine shuts down with an error and a mains reset is the only way to cure it."

I can verify that if you start the jackpot and don't shoot balls, it will eventually shut down with an E2 error. Problem is, I have never seen the jackpot end..... I have the upper hopper loaded and end up running out of balls before the jackpot ends. I'm guessing that's a computer error.

So top two spinners don't light and the bar across the top of the machine with 6 LED's doesn't light either. But at least I'm making progress!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDan View Post

Problem is, I have never seen the jackpot end..... I have the upper hopper loaded and end up running out of balls before the jackpot ends. I'm guessing that's a computer error.

Ok, If I'm understanding correctly, you haven't been topping the hopper up during play? and you're getting into the fever rounds but not completing them because you've run out of pachinko balls? if so that's easy to remedy it is quite usual to have to keep refilling the top hopper especially during fever rounds, I just use a plastic container to catch the balls and then deposit them back into the rear hopper, kind of a one handed frantic fever rush

(In the pachinko parlours the machines would have been continuously fed / topped up via a ball feeding system, in home use you have to either do it manually or install a ball lifter)
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got my #400 wedge bulbs on eBay from ftkservices for $9.99 + shipping......if those are the ones you need. I think they are....just take a look. They are regular bulbs....NOT LED.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to MGB1977

Thanks
    Thanks Received

GOOD NEWS!

Everything works. I found one loose connection and after I cleaned it with contact cleaner and reseated it, ALL the lights come on during the fever round.

24. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to MagicDan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Congrats on a job well done!