Thread: New Nishijin owner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Nishijin owner

New to the forum, but have used it as a research tool a bit before signing up.

So, just purchased a Nishijin Model B over the weekend and now I'm cleaning it up and trying to get it up to playing status. The payout area has a broken arm on the lever that holds the payout shutter closed, and the clear plastic arm that triggers the loader when the firing mechanism operates has a broken piece. I've farmed it around to a couple of the restoration folks, and think I'll be able to source them.

Been cleaning on it for a couple days now, and it's shaping up. The switches now operate, and I had all three bulbs working, until I had the back apart and accidentally put something on top of the 2 award lamps and broke them. Ah well, the rubber grommets were ancient and I'm replacing the bulbs with LED anyway, so not a deal killer!

It's a Nishijin "No More War" 1 from what I've been able to find. It started off pretty dirty, but the colors were actually hiding under the grunge. Both my wife and I like it, and it's going to be mounted up in the garage along with another machine we're picking up this Saturday.

This is when we brought it home.

20180609_104037.jpg

This is where it's at now, no glass on it as it's scratched. This was after a lot of cleaning. Even buffed up the brass. I really like the design and the colors. The ship in the center, turns over and has a large explosion cloud in it's place when it turns over. Looks neat!

20180611_193811.jpg

The 2nd machine we're picking up is a later 80's machine with a bunch more lights and sounds. Really liked the playfield colors, and think they'll look good next to each other. Will post a pic of that when we get it home.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch of question as time goes on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Traveller

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Nishijin owner

WELCOME!!!

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Waving Hello & Welcome!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Wow, we have the same machine and we both just signed up to this forum! I want to see how you mount it and how it looks in the garage. I'm not sure where to put mine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

nice looking machine..

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quick question. How desirable are these "no war" machines? I haven't been able to find out much about them, other than I like the way it looks and the function of the targets. I know there were 3 models, but no idea how rare or common they are.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Traveller and welcome to the group

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Desirable might be the wrong word. The centre feature is more interesting than some machines, but I wouldn't put a greater value on it. Some one who has NMW 2 and 3 might see it as a must have so as to complete the set.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Desirable might be the wrong word. The centre feature is more interesting than some machines, but I wouldn't put a greater value on it. Some one who has NMW 2 and 3 might see it as a must have so as to complete the set.
    That's what I meant. Is it any more or less desirable, or is the value any different. No intention of selling it, just wondered how hard they are to find, etc. I like the other ones as well, might keep an eye out for those.

I'm picking up a later model Nishijin this weekend. I wanted a vintage and a more modern machine to mount next to each other. Picking up a working 1989 "Red Lions" Saturday. Very colorful play area, which is what I wanted.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Pachinkoman shipped my parts yesterday and I might have them Saturday. These are the repair parts I needed to get the machine working, and an inside cover for the ball feed because mine is cracked and repaired. The two other parts are an arm for the payout assembly (part that attaches to the metal tab holding the balls in the payout area) and the arm that triggers the ball feed when the firing mechanism is operated. Those two things are all I should need to make it operational again. If we get the parts Saturday, I'll fix it up Sunday and test it.

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Traveller

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Had parts when we got home at midnight last night! Already installed them, then tested the machine. Firing mechanism now works, balls stay in the machine in the payout area like they're supposed to. The mechanism works, and the payouts all work! Hopefully get the other package from Pachinko Planet shortly so that I can freshen up a couple things and have LED lights in it. As of now, the machine operates which is cool!

Picked up a semi-modern over in Eugene Oregon yesterday. Long scenic road trip. It's a Red Lions, about 1989 vintage. It all works great. Little cleanup and it will look good also. Then comes the fun part of building a cabinet and finding a home for these machines in the garage.

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Traveller

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a pic of the semi-modern. Hi Wings Red Lions. It all works, and my wife has announced it can stay in the shop. It's loud and noisy when you hit the big targets and it starts the bonus mode, or whatever you call it. Machine gun noises, sirens, flashing lights, award sounds, yikes!

20180617_173726 (450x800).jpg

20180617_173652 (450x800).jpg

17. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Traveller

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Traveller View Post
    Here's a pic of the semi-modern. Hi Wings Red Lions. It all works, and my wife has announced it can stay in the shop. It's loud and noisy when you hit the big targets and it starts the bonus mode, or whatever you call it. Machine gun noises, sirens, flashing lights, award sounds, yikes!

try these
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volume-Cont...gAAOSwEW5ZejfO

or i get these ones, but you have to solder them in..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Volume-Co...oAAMXQPd1RHZ3H

there super small easy to use.. I have bought 30 or more them them over the years.. Love them..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks! For now, it's in the garage and will probably be mounted in a cabinet when the garage is finished. Might sneak it into the spare room if I put one of the volume controls in it though!

Still waiting for the parts from Pachinko Planet.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to Traveller