Thread: New Nishijin owner

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Nishijin owner

New to the forum, but have used it as a research tool a bit before signing up.

So, just purchased a Nishijin Model B over the weekend and now I'm cleaning it up and trying to get it up to playing status. The payout area has a broken arm on the lever that holds the payout shutter closed, and the clear plastic arm that triggers the loader when the firing mechanism operates has a broken piece. I've farmed it around to a couple of the restoration folks, and think I'll be able to source them.

Been cleaning on it for a couple days now, and it's shaping up. The switches now operate, and I had all three bulbs working, until I had the back apart and accidentally put something on top of the 2 award lamps and broke them. Ah well, the rubber grommets were ancient and I'm replacing the bulbs with LED anyway, so not a deal killer!

It's a Nishijin "No More War" 1 from what I've been able to find. It started off pretty dirty, but the colors were actually hiding under the grunge. Both my wife and I like it, and it's going to be mounted up in the garage along with another machine we're picking up this Saturday.

This is when we brought it home.

20180609_104037.jpg

This is where it's at now, no glass on it as it's scratched. This was after a lot of cleaning. Even buffed up the brass. I really like the design and the colors. The ship in the center, turns over and has a large explosion cloud in it's place when it turns over. Looks neat!

20180611_193811.jpg

The 2nd machine we're picking up is a later 80's machine with a bunch more lights and sounds. Really liked the playfield colors, and think they'll look good next to each other. Will post a pic of that when we get it home.

I'm sure I'll have a bunch of question as time goes on.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to Traveller