Thread: Custom pachinko build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Custom pachinko build

So, I was interested in perhaps doing my first real DIY project, and that would be creating a pachinko from scratch. I've been interested in pachinko machines for a while now but the new machines don't really interest me, and the older hanemono machines are way to expensive (shipping cost). I wanted to ask you guys if this is even possible/worth it and if the answer is yes, expect me spamming this pachinko mods thread in the next couple of days. If you have any tips or ideas you want to share please do, I'd be pleased to hear what you guys have to say.

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Zylord

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Custom pachinko build

Sure its possible. although rather you than me for marking and hammering all the individual nails though

of course what type are you looking to build?
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was looking to build a hanemono type machine and get some cool moving parts in the middle, as I have seen in some machines. Maybe magnets and stuff, spinning wheels or hungry hippos eating the balls. I have literally zero experience with arduinos but I do like myself some programming, and I can ask you guys for help if I really screw up. I've looked at some videos (almost all of them potato quality sadly) and there seems to be a counter of sorts above the V-pocket. I have no clue what that stands for, is it like some kind of scoring system?

Speaking of which, I know the real pachinko purists like to play with those prepaid cards, but I've never been in an actual parlor and I don't really care for them. I thought maybe doing something like a pinball machine, and creating score counters for the player with a leader board (extra points for jackpots or tulips or other random events). The sky's the limit here (that's not true my crappy budget is but let's pretend that doesn't exist), and right now I'm just looking for the rough outline. I'll ask for the specifics in a future thread if needed.
    Last edited by Zylord; 06-09-2018 at 01:42 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds like an ambitious project. Mr. Al built a single shot machine from scratch a few years ago, but I am not aware of anyone building a hanemono. Good luck and keep us posted on progress.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Allright, guess I'll just list everything I want to know about hanemonos (or pachinkos in general)

Nails:
    -what are the dimensions of the nails used in a pachinko machine
    -what material are these nails

Balls:
    -what are the most common dimensions for a pachinko ball
    -what material should these balls be made of

Launching mechanism:
    -How do manufacturers make sure the ball doesn't get stuck on the ramp
    -Could anyone provide an explanation/drawing of how the modern pachinko "shooting knobs" (you know the thing that makes the balls shoot at a certain speed)
    -How do manufacturers prevent more than one ball from loading

Tulips
    -What causes the flaps to open? Is it some kind of pocket that needs to be reached?

Pachinko in general
    -What dimensions are your average hanemono?
    -If you have any favorite hanemonos or ones that you think are particularly interesting I would love to know and if you could provide a video (preferably not potato quality) please do share
    -Is there anyone that has attempted this before that you know of? If so if you could provide information I would more than appreciate it
    -If you have any general advice of some kind feel free to share

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You can probably find most of the answers you are looking for by using the forum search feature. Using the advanced search will allow you to search specific forums.

Nails are made of brass. I believe they are made specifically for pachinko machines and have a twist the extends about halfway up the shaft.

You can buy balls off eBay. They are all the same size and weight. I believe it is 11mm, but don’t remember the grams. It has been discussed many times so should be an easy forum search.

Shooters generally have a pot to adjust striking strength. You probably need a video of the shooter process. A combination of cams, strikers, levers, etc. are used for feeding and launching balls. The process depends on each part of the process working properly.

Tulips generally open when a ball goes in and close again either on a timer or when a second ball enters. Tulips may also be triggered open by hitting a certain pocket or feature on the playfield.

Pachinko frame height and width are standard on all machines. A quick forum search will answer this.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    You can buy balls off eBay. They are all the same size and weight. I believe it is 11mm, but don’t remember the grams.
    5 grams. sure makes them easy to count with a scale.

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Valium

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Any update? How is the project going?
    Jewelry Metalworking, Chainmaille, Pachinko
    Pliers make me happy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A bit of a standstill. I got busy with work, and the kid is starting school. I do have all the parts staring me in the face right now.

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Valium