Thread: Skill games

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Skill games

So I've acquired a few pachinkos. A couple from the early 90s and a couple from the 70s, and to my surprise I think I prefer the two vintage machines, though perhaps also my moderns (9 drums gladiator and sankyo aircraft) are just not terribly fun examples?

Here are the ones I've mostly been playing, a mizuho and nishijin A (I think)

mizuho.jpgnishijin.jpg

I like the slower deliberate shooting that you can do with these, as I think it makes the game more fun and lets you aim for targets as the board changes. I don't expect my wife will go for me having more than a couple of these up in the game room, so rather than buying machines at random as they become available I thought I would pose the question here.

Which machines are out there that are more fun (in terms of skill shots) for home play? I'm looking for a more dynamic board (I was reading about a triple lotus on some play fields which sounds interesting) especially one where the open lotus might alternate between different spots on the board. There's nothing wrong with it having some fun design/lights or even some more modern attractions as long as the skill play is there so my family will enjoy playing it more.

Thanks for your inputs.

2. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Jaelus

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Skill games

Well of you want the ultimate on vintage shooting and skill. Then an arrange or challenge ball would be best. But most desired. Then a power flash. As for collectable vintage. No More War or bowling are popular themes.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like Vintage machines that require power

Piranha (2).jpg3982.jpg12.jpg2020.jpgracer.JPGNishijin Model C Electro shooter (4).jpg
    piranha, power flash, power flash, circuit racer, computer pachinko, electo shooter
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the responses, this is just what I was hoping for. I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    I like Vintage machines that require power

Piranha (2).jpg3982.jpg12.jpg2020.jpgracer.JPGNishijin Model C Electro shooter (4).jpg
    piranha, power flash, power flash, circuit racer, computer pachinko, electo shooter
    You forgot the UFO and Train and power roulette.

UFO.jpg156.2.jpg158.2.jpgPower_Roulette.jpg

Good luck finding these last 3 though. I'm still on the hunt for a UFO and power roulette. The train one is mine and I've only ever seen 1 other on here.
    Last edited by mxfaiman; 06-07-2018 at 10:40 PM. Reason: power roulette. How can you forget power roulette.

100 machines and counting...

9. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

there is also the one with the plane in the center..

i listed the ones i had pics for.. thanks for filling in more of the list..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

11. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Update: As luck would have it there was someone selling a Nishijin DX bowling pachinko just a short drive from me, for local pickup only. I picked it up over the weekend. Looks like someone wired up a transformer (top right on the back) and some of the wiring has some brittle joints. I'm going to strip and resolder the connections, a couple of which have come loose. Aside from that, I gave it an initial wipe down and it looks pretty good and complete. It even has an intact inner glass pane and an outer plexi. The action on the shooter is nice and smooth too. I'll give it a good cleaning, fix the wiring, and see how it plays.

s-l400.jpgs-l400 (5).jpgs-l400 (8).jpg

13. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to Jaelus

Thanks
    Thanks Received

look like a nice well kept machine... should clean up and work great.. looks like it is all there

15. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking 1971 Nishijin model A Osaka (purple bowling). Osaka was the factory it was built in (some member will say it is Kyoto not Osaka. My research leads me to Osaka). Tokyo was the other factory. The purple bowling machines are slightly harder to find. Usually they are green. Though you might find the rare purple bowling with red pins some day. I got one and it is very interesting.

100 machines and counting...

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman