Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a Taiyo Elec King Kong pachinko for sale?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Does anyone have a Taiyo Elec King Kong pachinko for sale?

I've been looking for this machine for awhile and cannot find one. I think it came out in 2007. If anyone has one that they might be interested in selling, please let me know. Thanks.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Does anyone have a Taiyo Elec King Kong pachinko for sale?

You could try importing one yourself if you really want one and don't want to wait a long time. All my machines came direct from Japan (I used FromJapan to buy and ship)
    but be wared, the shipping costs will be high, but you should get it in a week.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s584269528

i-img317x500-1527052736qwabp4435709.gif

i-img900x1200-1527142226vnibju57951.jpg

Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Kong looks like he is wearing a top hat in the first pic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Drunkenclam. I looked at the website that you mentioned. Is it safe to use? Also, it mentions these things: Does someone know what they mean?
    Set contents
    household power
    base key
    stepless volume
    circulation processing
    pachinko balls appropriate amount
    CR adapter
    simple instructions

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unless your happy with it. I always try to avoid any machine with the phrase "circulation processing"

IT MEANS IT HAS BEEN CONVERTED TO CYCLIC USE AND NOT ORIGINAL PARLOUR SPEC.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiKing27 View Post
    Thanks Drunkenclam. I looked at the website that you mentioned. Is it safe to use? Also, it mentions these things: Does someone know what they mean?
    Set contents
    household power
    base key
    stepless volume
    circulation processing
    pachinko balls appropriate amount
    CR adapter
    simple instructions
    Those are the options already included whereas the following items listed after taht are add-ons for an additional cost. The site is as safe as any other but there is always a risk. You are buying from an individual seller essentially thru a third party (the broker or deputy) and then trusting if is packed well and handled with care up to a dozen times. With that I would buy thru FromJapan again as they seem top notch in handling international orders. I haven't been burned by any sellers but made a few translating errors early on that cost me a little. Still being careful with checking pictures, descriptions, and the complete post by every item looked at. Just like eBay

If you're at all lost with the terms (as I am at times) I'm still learning some of the terms and translations like 'circulation processing'. If I understand it correctly by Drunkenclam's note on that phrase and 'cyclic' refer to the internals have been altered to return the played balls to the front instead of the rear. This way you don't need many balls to play the machine unless you want the reward balls to be paid out. Or that is exactly how one of my early buys from Japan came to me. I'm still a bit foggy on the 'cyclic and semi cyclic' difference though.

Drunkenclam, please add some wisdom from your experiences to further clarify the cyclic topic.

Here is a tutorial from FromJapan if you have not read up on them yet. You basically do your auction bidding thru them instead of directly with the sellers on sites in Japan.
    http://www.fromjapan.co.jp/sp/conten...side2_first_en
    Last edited by Peteybob; 05-28-2018 at 04:52 PM.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Pete. I have heard of the cyclic machines and I know a lot of pachinko players don't like a machine that way as it lowers the value of the machine. So the items that I listed there are already included? The machine also more then likely does not have a transformer on it, so if I did buy it, I would have to ship it off to someone to have a transformer and feet put on it. I don't see a way of contacting the seller to ask them. I have contacted customer support though, so maybe they can help me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The way I read the page translated by Google (the part you copied from the description) I understand it as those are the included items. The household power refers to a transformer as coming with it but it could be under powered if a cheap one was added and it will likely be a 100V. But that is something that can be worked with perhaps or better yet an easy replacement in most cases. Adding feet is also very easy to tackle with some basic tools.

The way to ask questions of the seller would be to ask it thru the broker/deputy of your choice. I know FromJapan has a link to use for this purpose and you simply add some info and your question. Sounds like you found it? They in turn ask the seller and if there is a response then they (FJ) would send you an email link with the sellers answer. Just remember that Japan is 13 hours ahead of our eastern daylight time zone. If an auction is about over then you may not hear back but many auctions do get relisted if no bidding has happened. It's all about the "when do I pounce on this one" kind of timing Keep watching for it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, I will continue to watch it. I just wish that the machine wasn't cyclic

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Another good option is to check with Frank at http://www.clovercollectables.com/ who is putting together a container load to bring stateside. This might take 3,4+ months depending on a lot of details. See the thread below and ask him about what you specifically want him to be looking for. A good way to go if it is found and you can wait for it.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...203#post581203

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Another good option is to check with Frank at http://www.clovercollectables.com/ who is putting together a container load to bring stateside. This might take 3,4+ months depending on a lot of details. See the thread below and ask him about what you specifically want him to be looking for. A good way to go if it is found and you can wait for it.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...203#post581203
    I have contacted Frank about the machine through their website a few days ago. They replied back and said that they would look for it. Haven't heard anything back since then.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to PachiKing27

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Frank is a good guy and I'm sure his contact person over in Japan is very busy hunting for various titles. I imagine he needs 200+ pachinko / pachislo machines to build a container load that remains good for his business. I'd give him a week or two from my prior buys through him.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I got a reply from the Japan website, but they said in order for them to ask the seller a question, I would have to place the order first. Does that mean I have to pay first? All I wanted was for them to ask the seller to post actual pictures of the machine. Can someone confirm this at all? Is that how it usually works? Seems a little fishy.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seems a bit odd but here are a few thoughts. Are your currently signed up as member? Did you find the section to ask questions of the seller or use something else? This is what has worked for me many times (assuming we are talking about using FromJapan.co.jp) Here is a screen shot of my asking a question of the seller on the same machine. The first three fields will autofill with your info and then you add the auction number, a page link and your question.

Temp b.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seems a bit odd but here are a few thoughts. Are your currently signed up as member? Did you find the section to ask questions of the seller or use something else? This is what has worked for me many times (assuming we are talking about using FromJapan.co.jp) Here is a screen shot of my asking a question of the seller on the same machine. The first three fields will autofill with your info and then you add the auction number, a page link and your question.

Temp b.jpg
    Yes, I am signed up as a member and I believe that is the same form I filled out. Here is what they told me in the email.

"Thank you very much for your email.

Regarding your inquiry, for us to ask questions directly to online stores,
    we require an order to be made. As such, please place an order for the
    items you would like to buy at our website. To get started, copy the item
    URL into our search bar or order form here:

www.fromjapan.co.jp/special/order

Please email us after you place your order, but before you pay your Charge 1
    so that we can instruct our shopping staff to ask your question. Please note
    that we require Charge 1 to be paid to enter into price negotiations with the
    seller, or to actually place the order for the item."

I emailed them again to clarify things. I wish there was just a way to "contact seller." It would make it very easy.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well that is interesting, so far I only received the auto reply that they got my question. I will share what responses I receive. Maybe they have a different approach with stores than with private sellers. I couldn't sign up with Yahoo Japan in the past wanting to ask questions directly. Many sellers that I've looked at will not correspond with or about international selling as well. I'm heading to bed within the hour so there might not be a reply to offer till tomorrow sometime.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well that is interesting, so far I only received the auto reply that they got my question. I will share what responses I receive. Maybe they have a different approach with stores than with private sellers. I couldn't sign up with Yahoo Japan in the past wanting to ask questions directly. Many sellers that I've looked at will not correspond with or about international selling as well. I'm heading to bed within the hour so there might not be a reply to offer till tomorrow sometime.
    Thanks for the help Pete. It may be that stores and private sellers are handled different, but that is a very odd way of doing business. I actually did put the item ID in the URL on the form that they gave me just to see what it would do, but when I put it in, it said that the store put a "restriction" on the item and that I couldn't order it. My guess is that the store/seller does not want to ship overseas like you said.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This seller has no reviews which I have shied away from others with little to no reviews myself. But s/he has been selling pachislos for some time under another seller name (nitamusement) with over 700 good reviews. Probably being hesitant to sell to a a proxy service knowing it is most likely going international and is nervous about any possible outcome.

On the flip side of that, I've pondered doing some selling myself and wondered if I'd want to deal with anything but a select few outside of the continental US.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like I could bid on it as an auction from within the FromJapan site. I think this is offered as both an auction item and offered from a store front. There are many sellers doing this. I wonder if FromJapan gave you a wrong form or were you trying to buy it outright and not thru the auction? I'm guessing that if I were to follow thru on the auction as the only bidder then the machine would would be $600 or more in the end.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks like I could bid on it as an auction from within the FromJapan site. I think this is offered as both an auction item and offered from a store front. There are many sellers doing this. I wonder if FromJapan gave you a wrong form or were you trying to buy it outright and not thru the auction? I'm guessing that if I were to follow thru on the auction as the only bidder then the machine would would be $600 or more in the end.
    I think I may have been trying to buy it outright. Is this the auction that you are looking at? https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/aucti...gk-link_search

It says at the top of the page, "
    The feedback rating for this item's seller does not meet our minimum requirements for the Buyer Protection Plan. Please select the Basic Forwarding Plan.
    "
    Does that mean that the sellers feedback is not very good? Also, it says further down the page, "I do not do dispatch to overseas or place pursuant to it!"
    I'm guessing that means that he doesn't want to ship to the US?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast