Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Does anyone have a Taiyo Elec King Kong pachinko for sale?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Does anyone have a Taiyo Elec King Kong pachinko for sale?

Yes that is the same auction. Use this link: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s584269528 to paste in the first box labeled Yahoo Auctions here: https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/auction/yahoo/input for bidding instead of buying.

The comment in red is standard for sellers with less than 100 feedback reviews. The buyer protection plan is where FromJapan will do their best to verify what you buy is what you are getting thru them. If they (FJ) screw up then they may issue you an account credit for the purchase price only. I had this happen once for some accessories and I sent them pictures of what I received, they re-verified things and put a credit into my account for future use. This plan is 700yen and the basic forwarding is 300yen. The basic is just that. They forward what was sent to them with only repacking for int'l shipping.

So the seller feedback note is just about quantity rather than good or bad. I do look at the reviews as well to see if there is a bad history and a seller I would want to avoid. The not dispatching overseas comment is only that the seller won't do it but FJ will. That is assuming that the seller would allow the sale to and thru FJ.

Clear as mud???

Good luck if you move on this one. The auction ends just before 11am EDT but most likely will be re-posted within days if no buyers bite this time. I'm off to work shortly but will look back here this evening.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Yes that is the same auction. Use this link: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/s584269528 to paste in the first box labeled Yahoo Auctions here: https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/auction/yahoo/input for bidding instead of buying.

The comment in red is standard for sellers with less than 100 feedback reviews. The buyer protection plan is where FromJapan will do their best to verify what you buy is what you are getting thru them. If they (FJ) screw up then they may issue you an account credit for the purchase price only. I had this happen once for some accessories and I sent them pictures of what I received, they re-verified things and put a credit into my account for future use. This plan is 700yen and the basic forwarding is 300yen. The basic is just that. They forward what was sent to them with only repacking for int'l shipping.

So the seller feedback note is just about quantity rather than good or bad. I do look at the reviews as well to see if there is a bad history and a seller I would want to avoid. The not dispatching overseas comment is only that the seller won't do it but FJ will. That is assuming that the seller would allow the sale to and thru FJ.

Clear as mud???

Good luck if you move on this one. The auction ends just before 11am EDT but most likely will be re-posted within days if no buyers bite this time. I'm off to work shortly but will look back here this evening.
    Thanks again Pete. Its a little bit more clear now. I emailed FromJapan again to see if I can get them to contact the seller to answer my questions. Hopefully this time I get a reply. I just wish that the machine was not a cyclic machine. I like it the normal way. I may have to get someone to install a transformer on it, which is going to be a pain. I'm still on the fence about this one. I want this machine so bad too.
    I wish someone here had it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My two cents is when I'm on the fence I now wait and don't let the anxiousness within me decide. That's not to be confused with impulsive buying for something I think I want. In the end something better may come along like a better price or another seller comes along. In this case it looks like the price went down a little with the re-posting of a 3 day auction but always re-read the complete description. The seller may change the shipping fee which gets passed onto the buyer or other items like extras added or subtracted.

Frank over at Clover may come up with one yet. Having patience and waiting is a tough order when not knowing if and when another one will come along. Only you can decide what is best for what you desire to obtain and when.

As for adding a transformer to any machine simply ask here for anyone willing to help in your area. That is if you later decide to post your city/state (I get it for those that don't want to list their location). Or private message someone that you find is near you to ask if they know anyone that helps out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are still a few things I'm confused about. How do you know what the shipping is? It says that the exchange rate is $108.70, what is that exactly? Yeah, waiting is definitely tough. Its a hard machine to find so I'm not sure if Frank will find one, but I hope he does. Also, if I do buy it, how do I know if the seller will use FromJapan to ship it? What if the decide to just not ship it all?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those are some good questions. There can be some risks along every part here. A misjudged shipment size or wrong carrier chosen can cost time and/or money depending on what you want and how soon or not.

The exchange rate you saw is what your dollar is worth in Japanese currency (yen or jpy) at the time. This value may change daily with the rest of the worlds economies and monetary values. Let's say you set a total budget of $600 US dollars. This would translate to 65,284.20 Japanese Yen at today's posted value.

The seller is somewhat obligated to complete a sale to a valid buyer or bidder but sometimes sellers do just decide to cancel all bids and the auction itself. Sometimes for legit reasons, sometimes because...who knows why. But think of FromJapan as an extension of yourself. They are using your money to secure the goods. You pay for the goods, shipping inside Japan from seller to FJ, fees for the buying, and you also pay the international shipping along with any potential importing fees that our government may impose. (The import fees have not happened on any of my items yet but you never know when rules can change.) So FJ is basically the buyer working for you being you need a broker to handle the buying and shipping of many items coming out of Japan.

Shipping is another animal in itself. I'm trying to find some write ups here with examples that may show you a good idea on the topic. Hold tight a bit.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here is a thread about a year old with various points about buying pachinko and pachislo machines. In particular is entry #16 from member Mandoman who shows the breakdown of charges he paid for a pachislo shipped from Japan. Mind you a couple of the entries are repeated as that is how the form is set up at FJ.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...FromJapan+cost

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So, I'm guessing the shipping is much more then the machine? If the machine right now cost around $200 US dollars, then shipping must be around $250-$300? I could be wrong. In total I would be paying around $600-$700 dollars? Also, if the seller ends up canceling a bid, do you get the refund?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Shipping costs:

Here is a shipping fee calculator on FromJapan but not so great if you don't know what sizes to enter.
    https://www.fromjapan.co.jp/en/estimate

The simplest thing I tell people is to think of 1 yen as being close to the value of a penny. You have 100 yen or $1.00, 5000 yen or $50.00 (sort of, more like $46 but you get the idea). It simplifies a quick idea of what an item would cost me and then work out the true numbers later. Also with medium to large (toddler sized pachinko box) the shipping plus fees can total 2-4 times the cost of the goods alone. It all depends on if you want it in less than a week, a couple weeks, or even 2-4 months. You can get things via regular snail mail to air mail, Fed-Ex Economy, Fed-Ex Express, or even DHL. Not all options are always available depending on the box size and weight. Each carrier and slowest to fastest shipping progresses to a higher cost.

I have received items in less than a week with similar items and shipping methods taking weeks. You need to consider different global markets have different holidays than the US and the weather can slow down everything anywhere in route. Then there is the Customs department that checks so much coming into the country so things can get held up there. There is a threshold of how much or what you can bring into the country tax free. Not sure what the numbers are but I haven't had any additional fees added by the Customs Dept. Those fees are typically paid by the carrier then charged to you at time of delivery. No way out of that one if it ever happens.

One other note is the package handling from seller to you. Chances are that the less a machine is handled then the better shape or lack of possible damage it will have. I've used DHL several times and always had an excellent outcome. The others carriers had a lot more handling with some good and some poorer outcomes. DHL is a bit of a premium carrier with fast ship times but with a higher cost. To me that extra cost equaled my additional insurance or assurance of getting a machine in the same condition as when it left Japan. I've used everyone else at different times depending on if I needed something sooner or not and how durable the item was.

Final note is to read thru all the rules and ho-to's at FJ to become comfortable with their system or any other service company that you look into.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiKing27 View Post
    So, I'm guessing the shipping is much more then the machine? If the machine right now cost around $200 US dollars, then shipping must be around $250-$300? I could be wrong. In total I would be paying around $600-$700 dollars? Also, if the seller ends up canceling a bid, do you get the refund?
    Shipping can run high or not. Part of the final charge is the delivery cost from the seller to the warehouse of FromJapan. In the machine you like here I believe that cost was around 5000 yen. This is in addition to the int'l shipping that you pick. I haven't had any cancelled bids but I think you would be refunded your bid in that case.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Shipping can run high or not. Part of the final charge is the delivery cost from the seller to the warehouse of FromJapan. In the machine you like here I believe that cost was around 5000 yen. This is in addition to the int'l shipping that you pick. I haven't had any cancelled bids but I think you would be refunded your bid in that case.
    So, that means that the shipping is around $45-$50 dollars? And then there is a separate international shipping? I think I'm understanding a little more. I have been in contact with FromJapan and so far they have been answering all of my questions in a timely manner. I might get this machine, but I think I might wait and see if Frank finds anything.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by PachiKing27 View Post
    So, that means that the shipping is around $45-$50 dollars? And then there is a separate international shipping? I think I'm understanding a little more. I have been in contact with FromJapan and so far they have been answering all of my questions in a timely manner. I might get this machine, but I think I might wait and see if Frank finds anything.
    Correct, seller ships to FJ for one of the entries in the Charge2 of the FJ receipt listed as 'Domestic delivery charge' and the the 'Oversea shipping' for the delivery service that you chose going from FJ to you. There are many different fees that may apply to your total cost.

Here is a link from FJ with the seller answering a couple questions. My question was the first one. They also added a picture of the upper back to the newest listing.
    https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show...aID=s584269528

13. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Correct, seller ships to FJ for one of the entries in the Charge2 of the FJ receipt listed as 'Domestic delivery charge' and the the 'Oversea shipping' for the delivery service that you chose going from FJ to you. There are many different fees that may apply to your total cost.

Here is a link from FJ with the seller answering a couple questions. My question was the first one. They also added a picture of the upper back to the newest listing.
    https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/show...aID=s584269528
    Ah, ok. My question is actually the second one haha. The seller did post a picture of the volume controls and that is good. What did you mean when you asked about the current amount of the AC adaptor and what does his answer of 3a mean?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This was my test question to see if they would respond or not when we were questioning the sellers intent in an earlier post. I was asking about the amount of power output of the transformer that the seller added to the machine. The 3a is the amperage or amps that the transformer produces to power the machine. While it probably would work, I'd question if it would hold up over a long time of constant play. To me it is under powering the machine so I would replace it with something much larger depending on what is marked on the machine for its power requirements.

Also this is most likely a 100 volt transformer which works with the power standard in Japan. In the US the standard is 110-120 volts when you plug most items into a wall outlet. This would also push more current thru the transformer as it is made for another countries electrical system. Again, it may seem to work okay for you or me but I personally wouldn't want to risk damaging anything power wise on the machine. If I paid out all that money for a machine (locally or not) I go a little further in checking / changing out the transformer.

Some of my points could be off being that I am only a hobbyist with the electrical aspects so always ask questions of the group here. I am open to anyone correcting me if I seem lost in left field as well.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When it comes to the Buyers protection plan, this seller does not have it, which is a little concerning because from what I read, you are not compensated if your machine arrives damaged. Have you ever bought a machine using just the Basic Plan? How did it turn out?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The Buyer protection plan is normally linked to the sellers feedback rating on YJA, if the seller is new and /or has a lot of negative feedback, FJ will not offer protection. Its to keep you safe from spending your money (pretty much sight unseen) its like an insurance clause. if FJ descide its to risky, they will not offer the protection. So its your risk. So if you get a machine with buyer protection and it arrives with FJ and the front glass is smashed in transit to them, then you are covered. I then they will either send it back or other (its never happened to me so don't know) If basic service, they will just ship it on to you in pieces.

As Peterybob says. They made thousands of these machines. If you don't like that one. Just wait and another will appear. Maybe cheaper or more expensive, Modified or intact.
    Ian #UKPachinko

18. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2