Thread: New Here - First Slot Acquired - Trying to find documentation / history

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Here - First Slot Acquired - Trying to find documentation / history

Hello. Brand new to the world of Pachislo. Came into a Mizuho Million God/Gold machine today. Seems to be real clean inside and in great working condition.
    Here is a pic of the machine..
    Slot.JPG
    Here is a youtube video of a similar machine (not mine) but this is what it looks like/plays like. I even see similarities in where the wheel spin combinations in the video compared to what my machine does.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJzX99snW4k

Been trying to scour the internet for manuals and information on this machine - almost next to impossible so far.
    I have sooo many questions.

Where does one suggest I start?
    Many questions are simple and common it seems... Volume... I think I found a switch inside that might be a volume switch - but not sure... Questions on why sometimes wins (tokens) go to credits or sometimes payout immediately? Why wheel spins end up in similar combinations...? What the 3 numbers on the screen represent vs. the wheel above? 4 mini games on screen... what good are they?

I guess.. just where to start? Have I come to the right place? Is there a good place for questions other than this place if it is not correct?

I looked around in the options and I think I found a screen where you could set a date and I could only get the year to go to 2010... so I am guessing the machine is older.

2. The following user says "Thanks" to dgrams2000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Here - First Slot Acquired - Trying to find documentation / history

Welcome to Pachitalk

you found an unusual machine.. loved by some hated by others.. from what i understand mostly hated.. im more of a Pachinko guy..

the only question of your i know the answer to is.. tokens paid.. it will hold 50 credits and then pay out the extra..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Here - First Slot Acquired - Trying to find documentation / history

WELCOME!!!

Why wheel spins end up in similar combinations...?
    While I'm no Million God expert, one thing I remember people saying is how on this one there was a lack of variety when it came to what came up on the reels..So I think most people just watch the screen on this one..

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I found the volume adjust Slot volume.JPG It is the switch right in the center of this picture. It was in the middle for default. Modes seem to be "loud" "Louder" and "LOUDEST" wow.

Then I read thru other people's posts and they talked about unwiring a speaker to deaden some of the sound. Works good. slot speaker.JPG Pulled the wire on one side.

Next biggest concern is translation of screens and finding generic documentation on the hardware, wiring boards... if there is anything out there. Are all Mizuho documents the same.. like how a bunch of Data East pinball machines might have similar documentation? I want to collect and understand as much as I can - even if it means making my own documentation.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello dgrams2000 and welcome to the group

The volume is typically three settings of all loud volumes if it has a slide bar. Some newer machines have a dial with a range of ten settings. I believe your model is from 2002.

I have been using these volume controls most often which seem to give a good range whereas many have a small high to low range in the slightest turn.
    https://www.parts-express.com/500-oh...shaft--023-500

These are what I have been using in tight places when I don't want to run extended wires.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Volume-Co...ue=&rmvSB=true

You just cut a wire near each speaker and solder one in place or use extra wire to place the control where you like. Use double sided tape or foam pads to hold in a desired place. Look over the location of where you want to put it so it is not in the way of your door closing or pinching other wires. For those wanting a solution without soldering then this may do it. Remember to get one for each speaker.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volume-Cont...gAAOSwEW5ZejfO

The nearest item to a manual that I could find is a players guide download here at Pachislo Database. https://www.pachislodb.com/db-MILLION+GOD.html Look towards the bottom of the thread for the Million God Player Guide PDF download. You will need to be a member which is free.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You probably already have this, but just in case, here's our PDF guide to pachislos, Just a generic guide but you may find it helpful

pachitalk/Manuals/Pachislots_Operation_Manual.pdf

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

8. The following user says "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for this info. Very helpful. I don't mind soldering, but may just pick up the ones on ebay.. They seem the easiest. Also thanks for the link to the database. Also helpful. Not a lot of info there, but helps explain the payouts on the hard to get reel spins.

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Hello dgrams2000 and welcome to the group

The volume is typically three settings of all loud volumes if it has a slide bar. Some newer machines have a dial with a range of ten settings. I believe your model is from 2002.

I have been using these volume controls most often which seem to give a good range whereas many have a small high to low range in the slightest turn.
    https://www.parts-express.com/500-oh...shaft--023-500

These are what I have been using in tight places when I don't want to run extended wires.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/6-Volume-Controls-for-Pachislo-Slot-Machine-Pachinko-/130577380095?hash=item1e6704b2ff:m:mew7qHKhXgiPMdEtO_UVPYQ&r mvSB=true=&rmvSB=true

You just cut a wire near each speaker and solder one in place or use extra wire to place the control where you like. Use double sided tape or foam pads to hold in a desired place. Look over the location of where you want to put it so it is not in the way of your door closing or pinching other wires. For those wanting a solution without soldering then this may do it. Remember to get one for each speaker.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Volume-Controls-for-Pachislo-Slot-Machine-and-Pachinko/130574766099?hash=item1e66dcd013:g:exgAAOSwEW5ZejfO

The nearest item to a manual that I could find is a players guide download here at Pachislo Database. https://www.pachislodb.com/db-MILLION+GOD.html Look towards the bottom of the thread for the Million God Player Guide PDF download. You will need to be a member which is free.
    Thanks for the Operation Manual. Will hold onto any information I can get! I appreciate all the help and info from everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by hanabi View Post

You probably already have this, but just in case, here's our PDF guide to pachislos, Just a generic guide but you may find it helpful

pachitalk/Manuals/Pachislots_Operation_Manual.pdf

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dgrams2000

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My 1st 2 pachislos were Million God and Lucky Cherry. I got both of them for $50.00, they said the Million God did not work, and did not have keys for either one. I bought them and learned to reach into the hole in the bottom to open them. The Million God worked...once the power switch was turned on! I only had it for about a week, before my neighbor bought it from me for $150.00! His offer...I couldn't refuse! I did notice that the combinations on the reels were always similar...and boring. Yes, watching the screen is a better option. There are "mini games" that play on the screen using the Nintendo looking controls to the left. I never could figure out how to make the race car go. However the "pig" game was kind of silly and fun. You control a pig, moving around dodging steak knives coming from all sides. If you got hit...you turned into a pork chop dinner! Or something like that...it has been awhile. I can't remember what the 3rd game was...but I didn't know how to play it either. I found an instruction manual online...but never bought it, because I sold it for a nice profit! I quickly searched and found it again. http://stealthhome.stores.yahoo.net/migoxsctrgu.html It is $12.95, and if I had kept the machine...I would have gladly purchaced it. Since I sold the machine...I never bought it...and can not tell you if it is useful at all! Seems like I remember a LOT of menu screens that showed lots of stuff that I could not understand.
    Like Mopar stated...many do not like Million God. Even though the "reel play" is lame...the video screen kind of makes up for it. If the manual is truly useful...then maybe, with the "mini games" and the adjustability of the menu screen (whatever it is worth), it could be a nice machine. I don't understand the "mini games" at all. They play for free... therefore, I don't expect them to pay out. What is the purpose? None the less, it is a very unusual machine.
    if you get the manual...let us know if it is worth $12.95 ! I don't condone "spilling the beans" and putting all the info out there for free...Someone had to translate the info...for a very small market! It is not likely that they will ever profit from it...but it is great that it is avalible...if it does what it says!
    Last edited by pachiwall; 05-20-2018 at 11:14 PM.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I would install volume controls of some kind. Seems I heard somewhere...that running an amplifer without a "load" ( I.E. a speaker), is harmfull to the amp. Not sure if it is true...but, volume controls are cheap.
    Also I forgot to mention that, since it had no keys...I removed the power supply, and repllaced the key switch with a toggle switch. That way the "odds" could be changed.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ohh I think we still have some play guides for older machines in our downloads

million God should be here: http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=43

ive never downloaded it though so no idea what it contains
    Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

16. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

The repeatative reel issue is what put me off buying a Shake 3.

As you can see in this video

https://youtu.be/OYjNNP-zDHU

Although the host does go through a list of what reel patterns may bring up a chance or win.
    Ian #UKPachinko

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome!
    Calypso