Thread: Sankyo Pachinko Machine E-1 error code and no payouts

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo Pachinko Machine E-1 error code and no payouts

I picked up the following machine recently and #1 can't identify a name for it, #2 when it hits a jackpot or any other payouts, it does not payout. Wondering if anyone here could help. Thanks in advance!i0971-1.jpg

2. The following user says "Thanks" to pgianotto

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo Pachinko Machine E-1 error code and no payouts

I can't see it on the Sankyo website, it seems they stopped using that frame around 1996. Although your one seems to be a CR model. so the website might be just listing the playing field of the ordinary machines.
    take a look on your play field or the circuit boards on the back with anything starting CR

https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/list.php?tag=1995

no payouts normally mean that the balls can't get to the payout motor to payout due to an obstruction or jam, or the top tank is empty, or the machine thinks the bottom tray is full.
    as long as you are getting the video reels to work when a ball goes in the start pocket, you know the machine knows its got to make a payout.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looks to be a 'Rights' game.

CR兄貴

CR Big Brother (google translated)

April 1995

On the page Drunkenclam listed 4 rows down on the right side of 1995. The game shown is the cash version.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have filled the unit and the payout hopper, the balls seem to make their way down to the payout mechanism, but don't go any further. Could that motor be bad?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What does a 'rights' game mean?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are some more pictures if they help.IMG_2990.jpgIMG_2988.jpgAlso, this display never lights up.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A full clear picture of the back would be helpful.

There are five basic types of pachinko:

Basic - Pretty much all 'vintage' games are this type. Basic pockets, no 'bonus' door, playing the center feature correctly is the key to success.

Dejimono - Digital type - Generally the 'slot reel' type, can be mechanical reels or LCD or LED screens. When a ball goes into the 'Start' pocket, the 'reels' scroll and matching 3 like puts you in a bonus.llllll

Hanemono - Wing type - has a center feature with 'wings' that open for a second once or twice based on which pocket at the bottom you get a ball in. Getting a ball in the center when the wings are open and then into the 'V' pocket will put you in a bonus. The wings will open a lot.

Kenrimono - Rights type - Balls have to be shot to certain areas of the playfield to get the most out of a bonus. On your game, that area with the 'V' and the rotating wheel on the right are important. I'm not sure what the order of shooting is with that game though.

Arrangeball - Something on the order of 'Plinko'

That display is the credit display. It's normally only used in the parlors. Money is inserted into a slot next to the game. Pressing one of those buttons will cause the game to dispense a set number of balls into the shooting tray and deduct one credit. Daverob, one of the members here, has developed a dongle (connects to the 25 pin connector on the back of the game) that simulates this.
    Last edited by compirate; 05-08-2018 at 08:21 AM.

11. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just did a Google translate of the Sankyo page for this game, gives a little insight:

"Big brother
    Two sets of right things that show muscular ridiculous brothers a comical action.
    Normally, the digital rotates at the center through pass, and when any one of 1 to 9 and F is complete,
    the electric chu left on the board opens. If you add balls to it, it will result in rights.
    Afterwards it digested with right striking, and the second time it is possible to take the right easily
    because the probability of matching digital is up. The directing is very comical, there is a mosaic for reach,
    a pattern stretched such as Barbel listed. During right digestion, you can also enjoy the story of 4-frame cartoon.
    Also, the older brothers are often characterized by shouting, and they also tell you where to aim at the time of rights occurrence."

big hit probability 1/221

From other sites I've seen, this game pays out very well, upwards of 4000 balls.

This is my take on it, based somewhat on a game I used to have:

When you get 3 of the same character (1-9, F) the wings over the area to the left open.
    Shooting balls into that gives you a bonus.
    A ball has to be put on the rotating wheel on the right side and accepted by it (they can be knocked off easily by other balls you shoot, so be careful), the bonus door at the bottom opens.
    After a certain number of balls are placed there, it closes and you must place a ball on the rotating wheel again for another round. This continues until the bonus is over.
    The probability of getting another bonus (lining up 3 characters) is better the second time.
    The reaches are comical (a reach is when you get 2 characters lined up and it toys with you whether or not you'll get the third. There are ordinary spins, and reaches. When you've played it a while you'll know what I mean. Anything other than ordinary is a reach. The more complex - more animation - the reach the greater possibility that it will be successful.)
    Also, the 'brothers' will tell you which side to shoot at. Not sure what 'left' and 'right' sound like in Japanese, if that's what they say.

This type of game requires a little more 'skill' to get the most out of it. Shooting for one side of the playfield or the other and using the 'stop' button. This should be located on the lower left corner of the shooter knob, close to where your thumb would be. This button stops the shooter, but allows you to keep the knob steady so you can shoot where you did last. Say you shoot several balls to the right for the spinning wheel. One lands on it but isn't captured yet. Hold the knob steady and press the button to stop shooting to let the ball be captured. If it gets knocked off, just release the button and you'll still be shooting to the same area.
    Last edited by compirate; 05-08-2018 at 08:58 AM.

13. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is amazing thank you! So when I got the three reels to match it activated the "bonus" game and when that ended, it looked like it was going to payout, but then the LCD on the front of the machine above the reels gave me an E-1 code. The payout hopper was full and the balls where in place by the payout motor. But got zero payout.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Also, just in case it's useful to you, MrGneiss has an explanation of similar games in his thread here:

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...no)-Play-Guide

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pgianotto View Post
    That is amazing thank you! So when I got the three reels to match it activated the "bonus" game and when that ended, it looked like it was going to payout, but then the LCD on the front of the machine above the reels gave me an E-1 code. The payout hopper was full and the balls where in place by the payout motor. But got zero payout.
    Not sure what that error code specifically means, but sometimes if at least one ball doesn't go into the left side it assumes there is a problem (game shooter problem, who wouldn't play out a bonus? ) and it stops so that it can be fixed.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

or if you have the front open and dropping balls into pockets without wings opening, that can cause errors too.
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello pgianotto and welcome to the group

Did you get your pachinko to payout any balls yet? If not then look at my picture below. The orange arrow on the lower right points to a tab that opens a cover for the payout motor. This motor runs constantly when all is working right. A few things can be wrong if it is not running. Other than a bad wire or motor you could have a ball jam in the lower tracks. The green arrow in the lower mid section points to a sliding part. This gets pushed out from where mine is if there are balls jammed up inside that area. This in turn stops the ball payout motor until the balls are cleared. On mine the balls also stop loading to the shooter out front when this happens but the shooter still functions.

Post a picture of the complete back if possible. If the above checks out alright then I can post some pics of the system prior to the payout motor for you to compare with yours.

Sankyo ball payout f.jpg

21. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I still have not been able to get the machine to payout. I ran the machine until it started the bonus game, played the bonus and then got the same error. And still no payout. Going to check your suggestions when I get home tonight. Thanks all for the help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you get things sorted out and working on your pachinko?