Thread: I have a Yamasa faust and need help

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default I have a Yamasa faust and need help

Hello

I have a Yamasa faust slot machine model "B" withsome major problems. First.... all attraction lamps and the fluorescent lampwill not light up. The credit display lights up and shows a "0" inthe display. I tested all the switches that I could with the main boardleds.... all work. I am able to set the odds from 1 to 6 and the machine keepsthe settings. The power supply on the left center Looks like this one.

I send a coin through the coin slot and the machine errorsout with an “E0” error with an error sound through both speakers and warninglights in the top outside door flashing. Also the coin solenoid does work. WhenI press the orange button on the power supply the hopper will run in reverse. Ihave reseated all connectors and cleaned the hopper assy. There is what it seemsan aux power supply with a 3 position switch and 2 red leds that turn on onstartup briefly then go out. No wheels (there are 4) turn or lock up (does movefreely when manually pushed) . Oh also on startup the wheel lights will flash astartup pattern and then go dark.
    I am an old time electro-mechanical pinball - jukebox technicianand a current computer – printer tech so I think I have the tools to do whatmight be needed. Any and all help will be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following user says "Thanks" to drprinter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: I have a Yamasa faust and need help

Just Wondering if I left enough info? or there anything else I can add?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK Update.... The part that I thought was an aux power supply under the power supply seems to be a sound/light controller board. Should the 2 leds be on or off. I am getting sound on error.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

if your getting an error when you put a token in,
    its either
    a one of the sensors is faulty. As the machine counts the token through 3 sensors before it gets to the hopper. the beams must be broken in the correct order or it goes into error

or

If the sensor is blocked for to long by a slow moving token.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I only see 1 photo interrupter towards the end of the coin chute. The coin chute is a very simple unit where it just guides a coin pass a solenoid to reject the coin when power is off or a error is occurring. I will change the photo interrupter out with another one that I have (same unit in most HP printers) and report back on any differences I may encounter.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you have a lot of wires on the plug for only one photocell, where do the other wires go. one of mine uses a IR reflector instead of an interuptor. so rather than breaking the beam, the token reflexs light back onto the receiver. Thats the one that gives me most problems.
    Ian #UKPachinko

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the 5 wires go to 2 photo interrupters next to each other.... both have metered out good.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

then is there a chance, the tokens are getting delayed in the acceptor. some people found that if their tokens were slightly magnetic. The solenoid magnet slows the tokens down as they pass by and cause an error
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

not a bad idea.... will try with quarters and let you know

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Due to local and international laws, we can not recommend using currency in pachislo machines, and advise sticking to the correct pachislo tokens. Its one of the big here.
    Ian #UKPachinko

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just using for testing .... I have been in the coin op business way way too long to know that I AM NOT ALOWED to convert to currency. just using a non magnetic token...

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to drprinter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK just reinstalled the coin mech after cleaning. I found 2 tokens on the bottom of the machine. When I run the tokens through the slot, it errors out with a E0 error code. I ran the token slowley and see that only 1 led lights up on the main board. If anyone has this Yamasa "B" series machine please open your machine and run a token through it or better yet please put a token in the path of the two photo interrupters. I need to know if 2 leds light or only one led lights. if only one led lights then I have a timing problem. If 2 leds light then I have a broken connection or a bad buffer chip. Just to let who is reading this how much torture I am subjecting myself.... I am picking up a dead super mog mog for free on craigslist and have no idea what I am getting into.....
    Where's the "ANYKEY"?

17. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to drprinter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A dead cat. That s extreme. Ever if it is super.

I would have thought 2 leds would have to light up.
    Sorry I can't test. I have a KPG and a Sammy. But I'll give it a try after work.
    Ian #UKPachinko

19. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just picked up the super mog mog and after opening it up (no keys) found the power switch in off position. The Cat purred lol works perfectly! Now I need to change the locks and will have a great machine. Now back to the Faust.... I am hoping someone can test the coin slot to let me know if one or two leds flash on and off. BTW does anyone know why my attraction lights and fluorescent lights are dark?
    Where's the "ANYKEY"?

21. The following user says "Thanks" to drprinter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by drprinter View Post
    OK just reinstalled the coin mech after cleaning. I found 2 tokens on the bottom of the machine. When I run the tokens through the slot, it errors out with a E0 error code. I ran the token slowley and see that only 1 led lights up on the main board. If anyone has this Yamasa "B" series machine please open your machine and run a token through it or better yet please put a token in the path of the two photo interrupters. I need to know if 2 leds light or only one led lights. if only one led lights then I have a timing problem. If 2 leds light then I have a broken connection or a bad buffer chip. Just to let who is reading this how much torture I am subjecting myself.... I am picking up a dead super mog mog for free on craigslist and have no idea what I am getting into.....
    I have a Yamasa Neo Magic Pulsar (type A) with a coin mech that looks the same. Two led's light up on the main board as each token passes thru the mech. I might have a spare (new) coin mech in my parts collection. Some of the wire harness ends varied in size on these units.

Some lights only come on during bonus/jackpot rounds. The main florescent lights typically have an inverter(?) inline to power them. You might have separate ones for the upper and lower panel lighting.

I'm glad your Super Mog Mog still had another life in it
    Last edited by Peteybob; 05-13-2018 at 12:02 PM.

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As for the coin mech... Please let me know if you have the spare.... and THANK YOU !!!!!!! now I know what my next step is... as for the lights ALL lights are off except for any light which is controlled by the motherboard. Must be a fuse or the light/sound board. Can you look at your pulsar to see if the sound board has 2 leds lit? My Faust leds come up for maybe 1 second then go out.
    Where's the "ANYKEY"?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ooohh my.....I'm getting addicted to these machines.......
    Where's the "ANYKEY"?

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to drprinter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ooohh my.....I'm getting addicted to these machines.......
    Sounds like you have your eyes on another machine

I will try to get a look at things for you this evening.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As for the coin mech... Please let me know if you have the spare.... and THANK YOU !!!!!!! now I know what my next step is... as for the lights ALL lights are off except for any light which is controlled by the motherboard. Must be a fuse or the light/sound board. Can you look at your pulsar to see if the sound board has 2 leds lit? My Faust leds come up for maybe 1 second then go out.
    One thing to keep in mind is that I have a different setup of some components so it may function differently than yours. With that being said, take what you can from my info to apply to your machine. Sorry if this gets long for anyone.

My power supply only has one fuse and it is inside. The arrow in picture #1 points to the lines out which supply power to the door front lights, sound and perhaps video.

Yamasa Lights a.jpg

Picture #2 has a board (left side) with multiple connections and an inverter or transformer for the lower florescent light behind the door belly glass. Arrow #1 is the same lines from the power supply. Arrow #2 goes to the lower belly glass florescent light. Arrow #3 goes to the sound/light control board up top in picture #3.

Yamasa Lights b.jpg

Picture #3 has the sound and upper belly glass light control board. I do not know if this also controls the other lights around the exterior as I have not gone that far yet. Arrow #1 is power feeding up from the same plug in arrow #3 in picture #2. When this is unplugged there is no longer any sound, power to the tiny LED's or the upper belly glass florescent bulb. Arrow #2 points to three tiny LED's which flash once when the power is first turned on and one will then flash about every seven seconds.

Yamasa Lights c.jpg

A few other thoughts are to open up and inspect your power supply. Could be a fuse in there or a bad connection. I also found a token stuck behind the inverter/transformer in picture #2. Thankfully it wasn't making contact with the solder points to short the circuit board. Any bad wires in the harness up to the sound board? Some power is getting there if the LED's power up, or at least on mine. I'll PM you later about the coin mech.

I hope this is of some help to you and to someone in the future. Let us know how it goes

30. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's a big help for future use but does not match my Faust..... but I am looking at a few other machines and this info might be a big help!!!
    Where's the "ANYKEY"?

32. The following user says "Thanks" to drprinter