Thread: Vintage Guy Goes Modern

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vintage Guy Goes Modern

I just picked up a Sankyo Hi-Performance, Hi-Tech machine. That's about all I know about it. It's in pretty good shape but I couldn't get the auto shooter to function. Since the machine is modular, it was pretty easy to take apart. I've restored lots of vintage machines so I figured I'd couldn't get into too much trouble!

It is now much cleaner (although I'll do a more thorough job later) and the auto shooter works sporadically. Sometimes it won't shoot at all and other times it just goes crazy. No consistency. I noticed there is a red light by the lock that lights when you twist the shooter know. That is also flaky.

Everything else seems to work. All the pay pockets and features function with sound.

Any ideas on what to do? Does it need a new motor? I don't think there are any dirty contacts since I did a cleaning, but I might have missed one.
    If I need a motor, does anybody have one for this model?

Thanks in advance!
    MagicDan
    Magic Pachinko Restorations

2. The following user says "Thanks" to MagicDan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Guy Goes Modern

I know everybody likes pictures!

DSC_0003.JPG
    DSC_0001.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG

4. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to MagicDan

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you do need a motor I just picked up about 20 of this frame machine. So I'm sure I might have one that I could sell off.

100 machines and counting...

6. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice looking machine Dan

I have one in the same frame. Depending on how far you went with the cleaning, check the shooter pause button. Mine was a bit sticky causing ball shooting interruptions. I like how these are above the knob and you can push it with a knuckle while holding the knob in place.

8. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The title seems to be Orochonpa 2 as in this PachiTalk link. Yours has the 2 in the lower left corner of the cell.

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...yo-Orochonpa-2

I also found Orochonpa dated 1992.1 (1992, January?) on this history page by Sankyo. Scroll down about half way by the dates.

https://www.sankyo-fever.jp/history/list.php?tag=1990

A few notes from mine: An alarm sounds during bonus rounds if the payout hopper runs dry and there is a volume switch behind the lower front door to the single speaker.

And a video if anyone is curious. Not mine but perhaps from another member. S/He has many videos of the older machines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRX2HsMgxf0

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is a chrome ring around the shooter knob. Must make contact with flesh to shoot properly. If your grip is correct, and still no improvement...check the contact inside that connects to the ground ring.
    Also, single speaker under the ball tray...3 position volume switch inside ball tray door.

12. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    There is a chrome ring around the shooter knob. Must make contact with flesh to shoot properly. If your grip is correct, and still no improvement...check the contact inside that connects to the ground ring.
    Also, single speaker under the ball tray...3 position volume switch inside ball tray door.
    I saw the chrome ring and the grounding screw when I was cleaning. I know the screw is good but I'll try a different grip. Thanks for the info.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Nice looking machine Dan

I have one in the same frame. Depending on how far you went with the cleaning, check the shooter pause button. Mine was a bit sticky causing ball shooting interruptions. I like how these are above the knob and you can push it with a knuckle while holding the knob in place.
    I forgot to ask about that button. Mine doesn't seem to affect anything, but now that I know about the proper grip, I'll try it again.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

it can be also worthwile in testing to temporary run a wire to the grounding ring from part of the machines metal chasis (if you can it) chack for earthing bonds near the ball paths,
    Ian #UKPachinko

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for all the help and information so far. You guys are the best!
    I've done some more cleaning and I'm pretty confident that nothing is wrong with the machine mechanically. So here is what I need to know now.
    The shooter works better now that I know about the chrome ring but not consistently. I'll try to ground it better. Any ideas?

DSC_0001.JPGDSC_0002.JPG

This motor has two cams on it. A triple blade and a double blade. When I plug in the machine, the motor turns constantly. Is that normal? What does that motor control?
    This is a 5/10 machine and looking at the way it loads balls, I assumed it would pay 5 for certain pockets and 10 for others, but when I hand load all the pay pockets, all the payouts are 10.
    Also noticed the three paypockets at the bottom of the machine don't pay until you have dropped a ball into each one. The the machine goes crazy with lights and sounds. Again, is this normal?

One final question. There are lights in the top ornament but I've never seen them come on. Anybody know what activates them?
    DSC_0003.JPG

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That motor is for payouts. It does run constantly.

Your game is a Hanemono, or wing machine. The pockets at the bottom open the wings at the center. The outer pockets open the wings once, the center opens them twice. The idea is to get a ball into the center part when they are open, then into a 'V' pocket (usually the center) in the middle. When that happens, it should go crazy, the wings will open a lot and you shoot balls in there. A counter should show what round and how many balls you've gotten in. After so many rounds, your done, then you try to do it again.

I believe the lights at the top light when you get the bonus.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Addendum to my last post: After cleaning I put a cover on upside down and it wasn’t letting some of the balls go all the way thru. Problem solved. Everything looks good now with the exception of the shooter motor. Works but not consistently. Still haven’t seen the lights at the top come on but that’s a minor thing.
    There is a digital display in the middle of the game. Is this the counter you mentioned? Everything looks Japanese to me!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by mxfaiman View Post
    If you do need a motor I just picked up about 20 of this frame machine. So I'm sure I might have one that I could sell off.
    Motor details: 50 Hz 00JJ XH1-0107 MIS-4T-89 Sankyo

Got one and if you do, what do you want for it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is an adjustment screw in back as well for the hammer strength of the shooter. I believe that's what it's for but I never went there before. You could fiddle with that some.

Check the video I have in post #5 starting at 3:55? You will see the ball go into the wings after you open them via the bottom pockets as Compirate mentioned. Then once the balls get thru the sensor out in front of his legs the fun begins. Balls might get held temporarily and they need to find that same sensor to get the max amount of play. The counter should reflect the balls and rounds achieved.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That shooter has a PC board that 4 sets of wires plug into. There is a relay that the points may be damaged by arcing. There is a varistor that is marked with a V on the board. Change both and I think your shooter will work fine. Ebay for both . I just went though this. relay has number on top. varistor size is 7mm and I think 56 v Cheap fix

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to tincan39

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The one thing I noticed of the 2 boards attached to the motors I looked at, is the potentiometer to adjust the speed (assuming speed) either tends to rust the terminals off very quickly (pain in the a** to fix) it is also really touchy when tuning. It will go from no power to working perfectly with less than a 1/8 turn.

PM sent about the motor.

100 machines and counting...

27. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to mxfaiman