Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Restoring Sammy Aladdin II's

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Unhappy Restoring Sammy Aladdin II's

Ok, Don't laugh when you read this. I am now knee deep in Pachislo machines. I bought 6 machines from a City Surplus Online Auction. They were on a pallet and wrapped in shrink wrap. What did I get? 4 Aladdin II's, 1 Macy Continental III and a Double Diamond. This is my first venture into Pachislo slots. Previous to this I restored a totally non working 1976 Williams Grand Prix pinball machine to working condition (doen't look bad either). Anyway, I'm going to be posting for help. Please don't ask what my final bid was for the 6 machines. Let's just say if I had found this site sooner, I would not have paid as much as I did.

That said, here I am. A Pachislo owner. Maybe once I get at least one working for myself and one for a friend, I can then buy something more modern. Thanks to other posts I now realize I bought machines from the early 90's.

First question: Can someone tell where I can get some info on the Aladdin II's? I've powered 2 of them up and the lights flash, the reals vibrate a little and will spin if I give them a slight push, I hear sound but I wouldn't describe it as music. I've ordered tokens because out of the 6 machines I only found 4. Theres a momentary toggle switch next to what I think is the reset key lock. Theres a toggle switch that seems to control the hopper motor and above that is a black rocker switch???? and of course the power switch (a red rocker switch). Both machines display EE in both LED displays and the "WAIT" light is lit. What's the best way to start?

Thanks,
    Gary
    Dr. Dread

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Restoring Sammy Aladdin II's

you have the errors because you need tokens in the hoppers to play.

you can turn the hopper wheel by hand to make sure its working, wipe it down with a clean rag and lightly spray some wd40 or silicone on the wheel.

put in about 100 tokens and do a full reset, you an find out how to do that on the main page here.

the music you are hearing is the error signal.

all your answers are posted here, try using the search button on the top of the page.
    幸運わんわん Luckydog or Yukiwanwan in Japanese

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome, drdread! You'll find all you need to know about your machines from the great people here!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Luckydog, you sure are the technical advisor of the board today. Go Lucky!!
    Dawn

Thanks
    Thanks Received

LD is pretty darn smart on these toys..
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Red face Re: Restoring Sammy Aladdin II's

I'm Blushing!!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh go have a beer.
    Meanwhile, somewhere in Oklahoma.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the welcome. I'm feeling better about my purchase already. I just received notice that the 1000 tokins I ordered will arrive Saturday or Monday. Can't wait to dump a 100 or so in and see if my machines work.

Gary
    Dr. Dread

Thanks
    Thanks Received

One thousand tokens will get you started --- on one machine! That is, if you plan on keeping them.

I'm working to try to get about 2000 for each of my machines, but the machines are coming faster than the tokens...same for Pachinko balls
    Check my member page here or...

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

---------------------------
    Thunderbirds II - Thunderbirds III - Gamera High Grade Vision

Thanks
    Thanks Received

HEY DR.DREAD.....i would never laugh at a true pachislo lover....a true pachislo lover loves all pachislo machines no matter what they are.....enjoy all those machines u got....there is nothing wrong with those machines....buy what u want to buy.........u should have enough in parts to get one or two of those aladdins up and running and if u lived closer i would help u with all of them....i have the orig. aladdin machine......so there u go

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I should get my 1000 tokens today so I can see if one of my Alladin II's (Sammy type A) actually works. I don't have a reset key so I cut the two wires off the key switch, mounted a normally open, push button switch (on when button is pushed) and soldered the 2 wires to the new switch. My thought is that a reset will occur when I push and hold the new switch I installed and then flip the toggle switch that is next to the reset key switch. I've searched through this forum but I don't have a real feel for the sequence of switching I need to do to get the thing reset, closed and ready to accept tokens through the front to start game play.

I've identified the soft reset switch (microswitch) that is engaged when the door key is turned to the left but I don't know when it is used and when the reset key and toggle switch come in to play.

Can someone give me step 1, 2, 3... instructions to go through after I put tokens in the hopper. I could use trial and error when I get off work tonight but I'd really like to be ready before then. The hopper has been cleaned, lightly lubricated and it spins with no problem.

Dr Dread - In anxious anticipation of hearing some falling tokens and sounds of a winning spin sequence.
    Dr. Dread

Thanks
    Thanks Received

this is what you are looking for

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2464

all the info is in that link for a reset, once you have token in the machine you should be ready to enjoy it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

you really dont want to use a push button as a reset key switch. You are better off using a spst switch. With a push button you will need to hold the button the entire time to set the odds.

Jake

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Restoring Sammy Aladdin II's

We have lift off!!! Thanks to everyone who responded. I now have my first working Aladdin II. I put in my 1000 tokens and went through the reset steps described. As fast as you can say "Show me the money (tokens)!" I was in Pachislo heaven. I have the six machines in the garage while I'm working on them. My neighbor came by, saw me playing and said, "Did our neighborhood get annexed to the indian reservation?"

Jakester. You are right about the spst switch instead of the push button switch. Picture a 53 year old guy holding a push button with one hand, the start lever with one foot, the odds button with the other hand and then trying to look over the door to see the LED readout. Not a pretty sight. Tonight the push button comes out and the spst goes in.
    Dr. Dread

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good ol' spst switches!

Fun machines, aren't they, Dread?!

Temporarily, go to youtube.com and search for BudgeRahe for videos. Until I get the links set up in the museum

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep Tony they're a blast. I just got the second one working last night. The 3rd and 4th one are going to be a challange. One of them is complete but when I powered it up I saw that one of the connectors was unplugged at the power supply. I plugged the connector in and then powered it up. I heard a pop and then saw smoke coming from the left half of the main circuit board. It's the board that sits above the reels and is encased in plastic.

The final machine has some issues. 1. No reel unit. 2. No main circuit board. 3. No coin acceptor mechanism. If I was talking about a 1990 Ford truck, used parts wouldn't be a problem. Where the heck do I get major parts like those. :confused: I've searched this forum and the Internet with no luck. Is the last of my 4 Aladdin II's doomed to be a "for parts only machine"?
    Dr. Dread

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dred, my suggestion is to PM at-slots. If you're going to have spare parts, and he already does, you may be able to help each other somehow.

Be sure to check the voltage at the transformer and at the power supply on the remaining Aladdins and especially the one you smoked the main board on.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tony, Funny you should mention the transformer on the machine that I smoked the main board on... There isn't one!! All the other 3 have them. Not knowing about Japanese voltage/current, I wonder if I've done much damage? I deserve to be a "tokie owens".

On a positive note, I was playing with the 2 Aladdin II's that I've got working in my garage. My neighbor and his wife dropped by and I thought I'd never get them off of them. He wants to buy one of the other 2 if I get them working. Yeh! A way to have 2 and get back a little bit of the money I spent.
    Dr. Dread

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Dread, voltage is different in Japan. No idea how much damage that may have caused.

Hey, good neighbor.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast