Thread: Game Room Ideas

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Game Room Ideas

Here is a page I came across today that was fun to look thru. Are you looking for some ideas to re-do your game room or play area? There are many entries here as to what others have done with limited space. All from what might be used for stands to decorating with all the extra goodies you may have!

dsktp.jpgRandom Stand Mod.jpg
    First pic is near the top of the page. Second pic is a random pic of a modded stand.

Scroll down and with most pictures you can click on the image to display another picture in the same frame. Move your cursor off the picture to restore (may vary by browser).

http://www2.7-kasugai.co.jp/jiman.php

If you care to explore more of this site then you will find many items for sale from their store. For example, this link has a long list of machines.

Top of Page.jpg

http://www2.7-kasugai.co.jp/pachinko.php?cmd=key&flag=1

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Game Room Ideas

I brought stuff from them before using Juno. Including a replacement glass for a Lumina and a data counter manual.

They do sell just cels as well
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good to know I could use one of each of those items as well some day.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you think that a top rated air hockey table is a good game room idea? I have space for one and I actually always wanted one of them! I think I will go with the Atomic air hockey table, does anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We had an Air Hockey table for years when I was younger, not that large of one, but a decent one. When I moved out of my parents house it moved with me (even though it was my brother's, he had no room). It was fun now and then, we changed it up with different shaped pucks. However it really didn't get played enough to warrant the space if you had anything else that you could have used the space for. I had 2 spare rooms in that house so plenty of space to just leave it up, ready for play. It was no where near as professional looking as the Atomic is from the top, but one of the Amazon reviews shows the bottom (and several others show it is MDF) so I think the frame was similarly constructed. It went back to my brother when I moved west and stayed in his garage (not climate controlled), then when I moved back it came back to me again in this house, then he built on and now it's back over at his house. So it has lasted 30+ years and is still playable, not bad for an MDF air hockey table. It was played now and then though, not played all the time. (Like maybe a few dozen games a year if that, most during parties and not played otherwise) You have to wait a few seconds for the motor to spin up for the puck to float, but it works fine after that. Even though it was in my house for years, I couldn't tell you what make/model it was

I have a cheapie 12 in 1 that's been waiting to be assembled for years I think it is this one. It's on my list of things to do when I get unlazy.

I'd say if it's something you've wanted, and you have room for it, and you can afford it, and you think you'll play it enough to warrant it being there, I'd get it. However you may want to glance around at Craigslist and yard sales as big items like that tend to be available not long after Christmas when people see how much room they take and possibly that they aren't played as much as they thought they would be. Some friends of mine keep swapping a 6 player large air hockey table around that they got free, because it eats a whole room and although they have 4 kids between the families, they'd rather use the space for something else. It's changed hands at least 3 times since they got it.

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to doa12

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My wife found a little game room accessory to go with my Go By Train 2 pachinko today. Turns out that it was only a few miles from home and free. This is a travel guide of Japan by rail with housing and travel ideas. It is very informative as well!

20210213_175445.jpg
    20210213_175511.jpg

I like to have little items to go with the various themes that I have.

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob