Thread: Vintage Nishijin single shots history and you

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Vintage Nishijin single shots history and you

So yes, I'm the "new guy" to the forum, which is great because: A. I feel old as dirt some days, and B: I still figure to burn up my "honeymoon" phase by asking all the dumb questions I can and you've read.

I am ridiculously happy this forum exists! Head over heels because I just got my 1967 Nishijin pachinko back up and working and I'm wading through 1965 Nishijin beater barn find of a machine that looks like a "for parts only" crapperoo. Two things: I wanted a machine I could fool around with and not give a damn if anything went sideways. Yesterday I finished the mechanics. Everything works! Plus, I finally figured out the "two balls at once so one of them has to go to the extra ball carrier without having to reach my hand around and toggle the red jackpot lever" thingy. Which I quickly transferred over to the 1967. Both extra ball pots work! Woohoo! As a quick aside and then I'll ramble to my point, did you know the 1965 has a metal tab above the red jackpot lever you can adjust to make the machine either payout or give double jackpots? The 1967 does not. When I scour the earth for a 1966, we'll see if that's the change year!

Which brings up the subject of a photographic history of pachinko machines. Yes, I've looked at pachinko planet and pachinko boy. They are great! It's how I first identified my 1965 and yes I was too lazy to do the math. (the 1967 I received in 1968 for Christmas as a kid growing up in Okinawa, so I kinda already knew that one.) But is there an open source site like a wikipage for pachinko people to post pictures of their machines? Or a coffee table book with a year by year lookie?

I love the different art work... my 1965 is poorly waterstained but after cleaning the mold and grit off the front, it revealed a beautiful fine China porcelain-esque picture of two gazelles or impalas or some sort of stylized cloven hoofed mammal.

After I scour a few more posts this lovely Spring day, I'll be back with a few silly questions about restoring game backgrounds.

Right now I have to split or the gal pal will be late for yoga...

keeping the peace,
    mb

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to blinddog14

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Vintage Nishijin single shots history and you

Welcome, from another relative newbie.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Spear

Stuey - The RADministrator MrGneiss's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

WELCOME!!!

I don't know of any wiki type pachi sites.. Japanese and English sites seem come and go that try to cover some part of pachi history, but nothing all encompassing or permanent, sadly.. I even had a site once just trying to catalog all pachis based on Pinball, Arcade and Video Games!!

There are Japanese books full of pictures of pachis that I see on ebay once in a while, but with the thousands of different pachis they only look to cover a sample of whats ever been made, and they're usually pricey.. But emmadog did a great thread with pictures and translated info you can see here..

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...inko-Evolution

Book example..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Japanese-Na...EAAOSwZ5Ra5t~p

"Blowing smoke rings at the moon."

6. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to MrGneiss

Thanks
    Thanks Received

That is an amazing read! Holy smokes, very well written and organized!