Thread: Pac World not making payout

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Question Pac World not making payout

Hi, new here. I just bought a Sankyo Pac World, which is my first pachinko. It works fine, except it won't make payouts. I get an error code of 2. I think it is the payout unit with the stepper motor,but I don't know for sure. Can anybody help?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pac World not making payout

Hello Dudenohair and welcome to the group

I'm not familiar with your model or the errors codes to it yet. Can you post pictures of the front and back (2meg size max per pic) which can help us help you.

Often times there is something small like a screw, bug, etc in the ball track stopping the balls from rolling. Even a small piece of fuzz can jam up a payout motor. Is your top back hopper about half full or more. Do the balls look to be filling in the track(s) from the hopper down to the payout unit? Also when some reward trays on the front fill to the max a signal is sent to stop payouts until the tray is emptied.

A few thoughts to get you started, let us know how it works out please.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Hello Dudenohair and welcome to the group

I'm not familiar with your model or the errors codes to it yet. Can you post pictures of the front and back (2meg size max per pic) which can help us help you.

Often times there is something small like a screw, bug, etc in the ball track stopping the balls from rolling. Even a small piece of fuzz can jam up a payout motor. Is your top back hopper about half full or more. Do the balls look to be filling in the track(s) from the hopper down to the payout unit? Also when some reward trays on the front fill to the max a signal is sent to stop payouts until the tray is emptied.

A few thoughts to get you started, let us know how it works out please.
    I'm having trouble uploading images, but I know the frame is a Sankyo "Tornado" frame. I forget the Japanese word. This is about 2001-2003 data. The top ball hopper is full, little to nothing in the front tray, the tracks to the payout unit is full of balls. The motor isn't even trying to move. I think the payout unit is bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Dudenohair

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you move the board on the back to take that picture? Cause if not, it's not mounted right and you have an unplugged cable hanging down

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

7. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Good advice above. There can be a ball sensors just before the motor. Normally 2 as they monitor each pathway. If either one doesn't detect a balls presence. The payout motor will not turn. Fluff and other stuff can get carried down the pathways by the flow of balls. Then they get clogged up and stuck.
    Also check all your wiring and connections.
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, I had unplugged that for taking pictures. I had removed the payout unit to take pictures of it separately. I had already done the basic stuff like checking cables, etc. I have repaired both an EM and digital pinball machine, so I have already done the easy stuff. I think the problem is the unit with the stepper motor in it. I read a translated Sankyo manual (not for this frame, but close to the same year) and it said to check this first. Anybody know where I can buy a replacement?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

When you take out the motor assembly. Do ALL the balls drain out the pathways. Unless the stopper is down.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes, and it made a huge mess of balls!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

haha. Yes, but from past experience, its rather rare for the motor to fail, its normally a sensor issue.
    Ian #UKPachinko

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Checking thru some prior threads I think it's worth another look at a couple areas. I don't know anyone with this frame to get a more direct comparison but thinking of either a bad wire/connection or faulty sensor as Drunkenclam mentioned. In this thread http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...=tornado+frame the member had a different problem but reading the second half may provide some clues. Entry #27 mentions "The second white cable in, stopped payouts and error 2 code" (I assume that code #2 came on at this point) and entry #29 translates your error code as "2 - Ball Jam at Prize Ball Count Switch". Sensors are discussed further up in the thread.

I would look further into the payout control board white connector and wires as well as the ball sensor(s) that seem to be above the payout motor? (see the yellow boxes marking locations in your picture)

dsktp.jpg

Depending on what type of sensor your machines has, I may be able to help you out with my spare parts.

Another resolution that worked with payout issues for some members had to do with the dongle connection. You could try swapping it with another if you have one. If you don't have a spare dongle and the other areas check out then I can send you another one to try. Perhaps a stretch but worth ruling out sometimes.

Been there / done that with the balls all over the floor more than once! I still laugh at myself for the silly mistakes that pop up on me.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 04-10-2018 at 11:39 PM.

17. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I had a motor problem last week with my Sankyo. Take the motor out and check the motor to see if you can turn the armature by hand. If you can do that, use a ohm's meter and see if the winding are OK Should be a few ohms resistance. If you don't have any reading of ohms the winding are open. If that's all OK go to where you unplugged the motor and see if you got the voltage to run the motor. If you don't have voltage go to switches these other guy are talking about and check that stuff. Finding a motor is a bear. I ended up rewinding my motor. TIm

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to tincan39