Ok so a couple of weeks ago I bought a Sammy ‘Popeye’ pachislo. Everything worked fine, except the monitor.
no big problem.. still able to hit a few bonuses etc, but would’ve really loved to get it fully working.
so, imagine my luck to find an exact machine, for sale a few hours drive from me.. perfect, I’ll buy that, swap some parts over, find the broken part, replace it easier as I actually know what’s causing it, and bobs your uncle, two fully working Popeyes, sell one for the price I paid for both. Free pachislo, love it.

ok.. so here’s the brain teaser.

i get a red screen and no audio on the broken one. I swapped over psu and transformer... still red
i swapped the main board with good psu etc, still red no audio.
swapped the video board with good board and psu etc, still red and no audio.

ok.. so I’ve found out that my screen is dead.. and its possibly drawing too much v or amps to allow the chips to run, hence the constant reset pop noise.

i then put my (thought to be faulty video/sound card) which I’ve already replaced countless caps on.. into my known working Popeye and I get full video and audio.. so that is definately ok.
ive also swapped over most of the cables.. to make sure there isn’t a faulty wire, but again, doesn’t make a lot of difference.

does anyone have any knowledge on the fact the monitor isn’t working therefore the chips won’t run, or audio etc..
does it detect if monitor is plugged in, then start the programme.
however I still get the leds running, as if what should be happening on the screen is responding with leds etc, inc chance, big bonus, wins etc.

this is really starting to boggle my brain.

also does anyone have a working Popeye, Aladdin evo, Ultraman screen that’s going for sale??

its a shame that the audio won’t run because if all else failed I would find a decent decal to cover the screen and advertise it as a pachislo with just reels and sound etc.

thanks very much for your time everyone.