Thread: Pachislo Versus Error Code Co

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Exclamation Pachislo Versus Error Code Co

We are new Pachislo owners. Got this machine from my father. Trying to get it working. We first had a CJ code which we finally got cleared but are now getting a Co code. Any help would be appreciated. The hopper does not actually run. And we are missing the basket under the right side of the hopper. It looks like it would attach to 4 metal prongs. I cannot upload pictures for some reason. I will keep trying.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachislo Versus Error Code Co

Pics need to below 2Mb in size to upload.
    It is possible that the hopper sensor is faulty and giving you an issue. But off hand, I don't know that error code. Does it still do it with the hopper unplugged?
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We now got the Co code to go away but the CJ code is back. The Co code was stating the coin basket was full. Now on to this CJ code, we've checked everything. There is not any coins jammed. We've taken the whole thing apart and cleaned it. We just can't figure this one out.15226954192692226525595762578298.jpg15226953134201395057305934793878.jpg15226953905877588176733290026201.jpg
    Last edited by bsimonis; 04-02-2018 at 02:57 PM.

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to bsimonis

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If a photocell is faulty , it can generate false jam errors.
    Ian #UKPachinko

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What is the photocell? Also, does it need a full hopper to run?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

There is one photocell on the exit of the hopper and 3 on the token acceptor (generic info - some models vary.

Photocell or photo interupter.

The hopper can be empty during short play. It only detects a hopper is empty during payout.
    Ian #UKPachinko

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello bsimonis and welcome to the group

A couple things to try if you haven't done so yet. With the hopper removed and unplugged see if you can freely spin the disk in the bottom by hand. Tokens should easily shoot out or a bent one could be stuck enough to cause an error. Also try doing a full reset by following the steps below.

PachisloReset.jpg

The missing bin below the right side of the hopper wouldn't be needed unless you have something like 500 tokens in the hopper causing them to overflow. The four prongs would simply short and trip a code when tokens fill up that high. These can be found on eBay from time to time or a simple box works to catch the tokens.

12. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi Peteybob! We have done the full reset, as far as we can tell. We don't have the "key" reset. We do have a toggle for the on & off, a switch with a white dot on one side, which changes it from play mode to service mode and a black round button. As far as we can tell we've done the reset. Still nothing. We have completely disassembled the hopper, nothing stuck in it. We've also completely disassembled the coin slot, nothing in there either. We have hit a road block. Thanks for the help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry I'm at a loss for now and dozing off. lol I'm not so familiar with that power supply but don't loose hope as others should be along thru the week.

Did you try it with the hopper unplugged to see if the error comes up as mentioned by Drunkenclam in post #2? Are you using tokens or quarters? Someone may have adjusted the coin mechanism to work with quarters which might throw errors for tokens. With that said though, we do not promote or support the use of currency. I had one that took a while to get the coin mech adjusted back to the proper token usage. Your hopper should have 100 to 200+ tokens (400+ is best as jackpots run that high) for typical play if you are limited in what you have. If it keeps running out then perhaps that is trowing error codes.

Okay a few long shots perhaps but one can never tell right away. It is dark on my side of the lake so good night for now. I'll peek back in tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok Drunkenclam, it was the photocall! The one behind the coin slot was obstructed because the spring wasn't working. We took it apart, and now it works! Next thing, now we're getting the HE when the hopper should payout over the 50 credits. The hopper hasn't run yet. Not sure if it's the motor? Also tried to flip the toggle on the hopper, which I've read will empty the hopper, and it gives the same error... So Peteybob, if someone was using quarters, how many of those are needed in the hopper? If there's not enough, will it give the HE code? Thanks everyone for the help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The hopper doesn't have a level detector. It only knows it's empty when it turns the disc at the bottom and doesn't detect a token coming out

If the disc doesn't turn. Your fault is elsewhere.

Try turning the disc by hand. If that's free. Then I test my motor by running it off a car battery. To make sure it turns.
    If it does turn then you have a fault with the electronics.
    If it doesn't turn then a new hopper motor required
    Ian #UKPachinko

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Turns out that my Aruze machine has a power supply much like yours so I tinkered with it a bit. Recheck the lower fuse on the power supply with a meter if you have one. You could also switch the two fuses around if they are the same. My lower one powers the hopper and I get the HE error when expecting a payout over the fifty tokens or trying to empty the hopper with this fuse pulled out. The upper fuse controls power to the machine. With mine pulled out then there is no powering up at all.

Your black flip switch is what you use to reset the odds and machine. (mine has a key in that spot) The black push button will change the odds displayed as #'s 1-6 on the front of the machine. On mine the number won't appear until about 20 seconds into the reset process. When a number appears then you press that button xx times for the number desired as part of the procedure noted earlier.

19. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob