Thread: Where to buy a pachinko cabinet?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Where to buy a pachinko cabinet?

I just bought my first machine, and I want to get a standing cabinet for it. The only one I can find is t Clover Collectables, but they want $500 for it. Is there anywhere that sells them cheaper. (cannot build one)
    http://www.clovercollectables.com/pr...roducts_id=138

As well as chairs
    http://www.clovercollectables.com/pr...roducts_id=135

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Where to buy a pachinko cabinet?

I have one for sale that I'm not using. It's also made in Japan - legit enough to use with your biz PM me!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If what Aktif88 has doesn't work out for what you are looking for then perhaps search thru the Yahoo Auctions in Japan. Several sellers post various cabinets and chairs at times if this is doable with your importing.

Another chair option is the wide range of bar stools. Some have different start and end heights in the range of adjustment. I picked up a couple black ones at a local furniture store and added colored ones from Wayfair.com.

Game Stools.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The stool I'm less worrie about, it's mainly the cabinet. The thing with Akt didn't really work out, so I'm still looking. Importing a cabinet would be....tough. But I'll look. Would rather find something in US for now though.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Do you know any local cabinet makers that might owe you a favor Cost of a local build or cost of product + shipping within the states may not be to far apart for a specialty item. I do like those cabinets though and wish I had a few.

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

There are a couple of blue prints available on this site that give you the basics on what needs to be built. I lucked out because I have a contact that can build them for me.
    I'm not certain as to what features your looking for but to keep it simple.. I would have a hopper or ball reservoir that would gravity feed into the payout hopper on your machine. then underneath it's as simple as some funnels and another shelf that can support a container for lost balls.
    I'd also recommend one of those dongles that allow you to use the CR components.. name escapes me currently.. I just got one with the last 2 machines I picked up and I'm sold and need to get 1 for my others.

7. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to stampeed valkyrie

Thanks
    Thanks Received

What exactly do the dongles do?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a write up by member Daverob and the "dongle" system which he devised. This allows a CR pachinko to act like those in a parlor.

http://pinballdave.com/cre/index.html

They use a smart card which you can load up with credit and they make use of the two buttons usually above the shooter knob.

dsktp.jpg

Without this those buttons are inactive along with the LED near them. These give a nice feel to the game experience as if you were in Japan at a parlor.

ps: It is my understanding that the custom printed cards are no longer available. But the plain white ones work just fine for me.

Thanks Daverob
    Last edited by Peteybob; 04-02-2018 at 05:38 PM.

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This seems like a cool system. I wouldn't use it at convention cause I think people would enjoy using balls (more "authentic", but it'd be great for playing at home. (especially since I can't grab balls since my hands don't work) How much are these?

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Here's a write up by member Daverob and the "dongle" system which he devised. This allows a CR pachinko to act like those in a parlor.

http://pinballdave.com/cre/index.html

They use a smart card which you can load up with credit and they make use of the two buttons usually above the shooter knob.

dsktp.jpg

Without this those buttons are inactive along with the LED near them. These give a nice feel to the game experience as if you were in Japan at a parlor.

ps: It is my understanding that the custom printed cards are no longer available. But the plain white ones work just fine for me.

Thanks Daverob

12. The following user says "Thanks" to RarezHut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree that people would enjoy using balls at conventions and you wouldn't want people taking off with the cards. The full setup was around $75-ish?? for the last ones I bought a while back. Clover collectables has or had some so it might be worth emailing them to see exactly what they have now. Daverob / pinballdave also has some on his site shipping out of the UK.

http://www.clovercollectables.com/pr...roducts_id=233
    http://www.clovercollectables.com/pr...roducts_id=232
    http://www.clovercollectables.com/index.php?cPath=3 look for CARD READER under the pachinko listings.

http://pinballdave.com/store/index.html

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm an idiot and didn't click the link before I typed my previous reply. 45 GBP isn't bad, I'll just have to figure out how to unglue the other dongle shown in a picture I posted a bit up in the thread.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your's should wiggle on out as a whole connector from the socket on the machine. Like an older type of printer plugged into the back of a computer. The goop on top was just someones way of keeping the small parts more secure and safer on the outside from a possible problem if they came in contact with other parts.

What's nice is that you can swap these around as you see fit. I have several that I move around my many machines at times for something like a competition night with others. Load up say 50 credits and see who comes out ahead several hours later. FYI the cards won't store credits from the machine back onto the card. It is a one-way system to use the card credits to dispense balls into your shooter tray. You use the same system to refill the credits onto the smart card as you desire.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 04-02-2018 at 06:28 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The dongle on your machine can be pulled out by someone lifting up gently and alternating from end to end where the holes are. Some are a bit stiff to start moving as they are set into the other piece about a quarter inch. Take care not to lift to much at one end alone as this can bend/damage the rows of pins below.

dsktp.jpg

The metal plate with the holes comes up and out.

18. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob