Thread: Pachinko - new television series

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko - new television series

Hello Pachitalk forum members,

I hope you're all happy and well and that the weekend took it easy on everyone. I'm producing a new television series on vintage technology and I'd like to talk to you all about vintage pachinko machines from the 1950s - 1970s. I've been told there were a variety of really interesting games created in that range.

The series we're creating follows two hosts as they source, acquire and/or restore all manner of mechanical, electromechanical and fully electronic items, which of course gives us a huge variety of things to look at - vintage motorcycles, penny arcade games, post-War radios and televisions, pinball, robots, etc.

While I've known about pachinko for many years I've just begun to explore it and now that I have I think it could be a perfect bit of tech for us to showcase - the history of it is terrific and the action is visually interesting, which is what we're always interested in.

We're filming ten episodes in the States and four in Canada, which means I have options for filming in both countries. That said, I'm specifically looking for individuals who restore, collect and/or sell vintage games in and around Maryland, California, Chicago, Atlanta, Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal and/or Calgary. I'd very much enjoy the opportunity to introduce myself, learn about your services and/or collections and tell you about the series and what we hope to achieve.

I'll close here but thank you in advance for the consideration, I know this post is rather odd but it is sincere and I hope to speak with some of you. In the meantime have a terrific day and best of luck. I can always be reached at

Thank you again.

Sincerely,

Chris Greenberg
    Boat Rocker Media
    boatrocker.com

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko - new television series

Sounds interesting.

You certainly aren't the first I've seen pitching a TV show idea on here before (nor probably the last).

Depending on what you are looking for / to do both my father and myself might be interested. We are a few hours from Chicago area. More information can be found on our website listed in my signature below.

100 machines and counting...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello CGreen and welcome to the group

I hope you can find what you are looking for to put on on your show

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm in the US south of Toronto. I live along the south shore of Lake Ontario, northwest of the city of Rochester, NY. I have restored 20+ machines so far and love talking about them.

Dan