Thread: Trip Pachi-log

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Trip Pachi-log

Howdy Folks... So midway through a trip to Pachkinko land, thought I would share impressions of the handful of machines I’ve hit... Not playing as heavily on this trip as I have in the past... Just giving the interesting new games a quick run.

Evangelion 2018 (aka Eva 12) - Huge screen, almost no pins. Yet another custom frame with animatronics on it. Some new content - but since the source material has been done to death now, its pretty much just the same scenes as before re-rendered. Payed out hard after only about 10 starts... provided the seed money for the rest of the games below. Overall rating - 7-11 “Juicy ham” sandwich

Fairy Tale - very nice... very very nice. Didn’t get many reaches or such on this, but what I saw i liked. I think even those who aren’t familiar with the anime would enjoy it. Cute and funny character scenes... Overall rating - Lawson Egg Salad Sandwich

Southern Raised Feather (??) - Very surprised on this one - very cool (and complicated) mechanics. When you hit 3 numbers, a trap door on the upper left opens and drops you all the way down to the bottom of the screen where you have to go through 3 hanemono/kenrimono like obstacles - a spinning disk, a corkscrew, and another vertical spinning disk. If you make it all the way through that, then you get your jackpot. The graphics/animations were great with very exaggerated... um... “physics”. Overall rating - Lawson “Karaage-kun Red” spicy chicken nuggets

Magister Negima - those familiar with this older crappy magician harem anime will remember there were like 40 main characters in it. Unfortunately they decided to make each of them part of this pachinko, so it was all over the place. The video was compressed to hell so it looked blocky and crappy. Overall review - Warm shiokara on a hot day

Tokio Premium - the never offering of the huge complicated hanemono. Didn’t like this at all. And I even got a couple jackpots. It gets monotonous quickly and there isn’t much to look at. And what was there was a rancid smattering of colors that had gotten dirty on this particular machine. Overall review - Extra funky natto

Bunny Bunny (Review for readers not named “Drunken clam”) - cool machine - nice animatronic bunny figures in the middle of it all. But after everything there wasn’t much more to keep my attention. Got old fast. Overall review - 7-11 tuna salad sandwich

Bunny Bunny (Review for Drunken Clam) - my sweet Lord. This machine is spectacular. Two cute-as-a-button bunny girl figurines smack in the middle of everything. On reaches they animate and cheer for you. It’s quite entertaining and ultimately the most engrossing experience ever. Overall review - A5 Wagyu Ribeye, served teppanyaki

One more general thought. There are some machines now whose frames are freaking HUGE. Makes it impossible to see the data counter... they are like small phone booths (for those of you who remember what those are). The worst is the new Garo one (golden something or another). It’s easily twice the size of the old Garo, and that was the biggest thing around just a couple years ago.

That’s it for now.
    Last edited by Chumsize; 03-21-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    Woof!

2. The following 12 users say "Thanks" to Chumsize

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Trip Pachi-log

Bunny and Bunny is already here in the UK
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Bunny and Bunny is already here in the UK
    of course it is...
    Woof!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Shame about Negima, and agreed. I was looking forward to it and then it was.... Crap!
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hit me up if you are still around. I’ll join for some pachi.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh, yes. If you're round Tokyo/Kawaski on Friday, chance of a sesh with us.
    Your man on the Pachi Frontline.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the offer... was in Fukuoka and Osaka mostly this trip... Played a few more times and ended up pretty much even. Biggest wins were on the Eva 12 and the pachislo "Gate". Need to search my memory for all the other games I played...
    Woof!