Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: help for 1974 Nishijin model 4200 AKA model-B pachinko ABC lanes

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: help for 1974 Nishijin model 4200 AKA model-B pachinko ABC lanes

ok. anyone have a suggestion for best way to clean? q tips and alcohol? suggestions?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

so i have got rid of all the rusty balls (almost) and cleaned the tracks (they were filthy). When both rows are full, jackpot works great. but it is still getting jammed in that one spot even tho i cleaned it. how can i make the balls flow thru there? that is definitely the problem!! see pics below post cleaning

IMG_0271-2.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

another view

IMG_0272-2.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

here is video of balls not flowing after cleaning. i don't get it. any suggestions?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXhDssE6tgE

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It looks like you still have some dirt in the track and the balls could use a good cleaning. If you don’t have a tumbler a good wash in hot soapy water followed by a really hot rinse and then spread them out on a bath towel and dry them really well. Also more balls in the top hopper will help. Increased weight should help keep things moving. If that is all the balls you have you’ll have to refill after every two or three jackpots. 500-1000 balls for a vintage machine should be enough to keep everything running without having to shuffle balls every couple minutes.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remove any balls that are not smooth. They should all roll through freely. Check that spot for any obstruction that would hold them from free roll.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi

You have a problem further down the track, only the outer row of balls moved, the inner row didn't move at all. Check the part I circled in the picture for a jammed ball, also do all of the pachinko balls have Japanese writing on them, if any of them do not have Japanese writing on them then you need to remove them. When I got my machine there where like 15 or 20 unmarked balls that were like 1/2mm to 1mm to big and kept jamming my machine until I removed them. I just just watched video number two and low and be hold half of the jackpot did not fill up, so you definitely have something jamming just before the jackpot .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AJ Dragon; 03-20-2018 at 12:24 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok. i will try all this stuff! Thanks!!!!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

ok. all fixed. you will not believe it. there was a mini light bulb stuck in the right half of the jackpot mechanism stopping one track from flowing which i guess had an impact on the other track. cleaned the balls, all seems to be working now. Thank you so much!

One last question. I need to get the lights working. Please see video below. My father had this all wired up but i don't remember it and i think he had some sort of battery pack which i cannot find so will have to buy one of those. Please see video below and let me know how to wire this baby up.

Thanks to all of you for all the suggestions!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi

Connect the 9v battery connector wire to the end of the white wires and the lights should work as long as the jackpot switch and the ball tray switches are still good.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi

Basically the white wire is the power source and it looks like your dad was going to replace that with the 9v battery connector. To check if the lights are still working properly just twist tie the 9v battery connector wires to the end of the white wire and if you decide you don't want the battery just hanging you could get one of these 9v battery holders with built in ON/OFF switch to replace the white wire all together giving it a nicer look.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5PCS-9V-Batter-Holder-Box-Case-with-Wire-Lead-ON-OFF-Switch-Cover/222756730099?hash=item33dd55f4f3:g:w4kAAOSwonBaM3Db

Thanks
    Thanks Received

we definitely had a 6 battery pack of either c or d batteries connected to something. will the 9v battery connected to the white wires power all the lights?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi

Here is a video I found for you to watch, it covers your machine. I think it will be very informative.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFed93iEvh0

Thanks
    Thanks Received

i got a new battery and have checked all the contacts -- they touch when there is a jackpot and when bank is empty. the bulbs seems fine, i even put in a new one - but nothing lights up. i checked the little fuse and it looks fine to my eye. any ideas on what is wrong now?

IMG_0281.jpgIMG_0280.jpgIMG_0282.jpgIMG_0283.jpgIMG_0279.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

the video is great. everything looks fine for my lights but they do not go on. see any obvious probs? what can i test?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi

Here is another video for you, take a look at the circuit board the white wires go into to see if one of the wires behind the plastic cover broke loose, you will have to remove the staples to look at the circuit board.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9x-FLV5ZXY
    Last edited by AJ Dragon; 03-21-2018 at 12:26 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Remove and check the bulbs directly with the battery. Also rotate the fuse as the holder can have some corrosion preventing the flow of current. The contacts may also require a light sand with very fine sand paper or emery cloth.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello mrosenx and welcome to the group

Thanks
    Thanks Received

everything is working! all of you are awesome! i now have a cupful of rusty pachinko balls - maybe 100 - is there any way to remove the rust or soak them in something or are they just garbage?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast