Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New to Pachinko, just bought first machine!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New to Pachinko, just bought first machine!

Quote Originally Posted by kurumilover2003 View Post
    Just gonna say, I have 3/4 of these machines, and the Cowboy Bebop and P4 machines proved the most popular last year at SJ, with a dude throwing down over 300 dollars to continue playing on my P4 for a couple hours. Not sure about 6 months, but if you take them to cons and charge per play, they will turn out to be profitable pretty soon after purchase hahaha.
    what's SJ? Can I ask what you're business model is? How much do you charge for balls? Do you offer prizes?
    I know offering prizes is still not considered gambling (just look at arcades), but I just want to have the specific law in my pocket just in case somebody decides to question it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

3. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to pachi_sloter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Leo Daniels would be the one to talk to about those laws as he has a pachinko parlor.

also, I will take a picture of the payout system st the arcades here, they have the pachinkos converted to pay out coins instead of balls.

I wonder if someone in here is smart enough to convert them to pay out tickets.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Goobie777 View Post
    Leo Daniels would be the one to talk to about those laws as he has a pachinko parlor.

also, I will take a picture of the payout system st the arcades here, they have the pachinkos converted to pay out coins instead of balls.

I wonder if someone in here is smart enough to convert them to pay out tickets.
    any ideas on how to get in touch with Leo?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by RarezHut View Post
    any ideas on how to get in touch with Leo?
    He is a member here so you can PM him at Leorules. Also his place of business is called Pachinko World. I would imagine they have a website and/or a Facebook page you can try to contact him through.

I think the concern is more about your local laws or the local laws where you plan to operate at cons. Just because something may be legal in North Carolina doesn’t mean it is legal in New Mexico. Probably best to research local gambling laws and find the government office that deals with gambling and ask questions of those that enforce the laws.

8. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Did you manage to get in touch with him?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

We just got the X Japan machine delivered today! FedEx shipped it in two parts, so we're trying to figure out how to reassemble it.
    Does anyone know where I can get a Pachinko stand like the one over at Clover Collectables for less than the $500 they are asking? http://www.clovercollectables.com/pr...roducts_id=138

here's the transformer in there What do I need to get?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

FedEx shipped it in two parts, so we're trying to figure out how to reassemble it.
    Hi. Please post a couple photos so we can see what needs to be reassembled. Sometimes the cel ships in a second package and sometimes the whole front door assembly ships apart from the frame.

Did the machine ship with a Japanese transformer? It's going to be 24v, but not sure what you need for amps. If there is a Japanese transformer you can check the amp rating and probably use it until the new transformer arrives if you don't play the machine for extended periods of time.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Hi. Please post a couple photos so we can see what needs to be reassembled. Sometimes the cel ships in a second package and sometimes the whole front door assembly ships apart from the frame.

Did the machine ship with a Japanese transformer? It's going to be 24v, but not sure what you need for amps. If there is a Japanese transformer you can check the amp rating and probably use it until the new transformer arrives if you don't play the machine for extended periods of time.
    jNzQBjB.jpg I think I just need a 100v to 120v outlet adapter right?
    IPUuGOc.jpgsKcmCwD.jpg

The boxes that (hopefully) have the key and manual are still in Memphis for some reason and heading here.

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to RarezHut

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Many newer cells simply snap into place behind the door and is easier with two people as these get top heavy fast when open. Without a key you can still open the door with the glass to insert the cell. Looking at the rear along the left side you should find a rail system lining up with the front door lock. A latch can be depressed one way to open the glass door and the other way to open the complete machine from the frame (for when mounted on a wall or in a cabinet).

Sometimes opening up the front lower panel will make things a bit easier to assemble. With the glass door open look at the top right corner (from the front) of the panel below the door. you should find a tab of sorts to depress which allows this to swing open. The ease of assembly may depending on the connectors on the back of your cell. Some will simply slide into clips starting on the left and the locking in place on the right. The locks or latches inside the frame, upper and lower right side, may need to be opened prior to inserting the cell. Some cells have wires needing to be reconnected.

Feel free to post additional pictures of the back of the cell and frame if you need further aid. I also have extra keys and dongles. Just send me a PM or message here if you don't receive yours.

That 3 AMP transformer may not be enough resulting in under powered components depending on the machine specs.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 03-29-2018 at 08:41 AM.

15. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's the live video we're doing a massive unboxing and sale. Most of it is Japanese rock and bands goods, but you'll see the machine as well. It's pretty cool stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDYBcsrwfgQ

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Many newer cells simply snap into place behind the door and is easier with two people as these get top heavy fast when open. Without a key you can still open the door with the glass to insert the cell. Looking at the rear along the left side you should find a rail system lining up with the front door lock. A latch can be depressed one way to open the glass door and the other way to open the complete machine from the frame (for when mounted on a wall or in a cabinet).

Sometimes opening up the front lower panel will make things a bit easier to assemble. With the glass door open look at the top right corner (from the front) of the panel below the door. you should find a tab of sorts to depress which allows this to swing open. The ease of assembly may depending on the connectors on the back of your cell. Some will simply slide into clips starting on the left and the locking in place on the right. The locks or latches inside the frame, upper and lower right side, may need to be opened prior to inserting the cell. Some cells have wires needing to be reconnected.

Feel free to post additional pictures of the back of the cell and frame if you need further aid. I also have extra keys and dongles. Just send me a PM or message here if you don't receive yours.

That 3 AMP transformer may not be enough resulting in under powered components depending on the machine specs.
    So we got no key, so that'd be awesome if you could send us one. I'll PM you. I assume the 3 AMP transformer is enough, cause that's what they were using before. Do we just need an international outlet ower adapter?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's the live video we're doing a massive unboxing and sale. Most of it is Japanese rock and bands goods, but you'll see the machine as well. It's pretty cool stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDYBcsrwfgQ
    Umm, what countries is your video available to view in?

"This video contains content from Victor Entertainment, Inc.. It is not available in your country."

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So we got no key, so that'd be awesome if you could send us one. I'll PM you. I assume the 3 AMP transformer is enough, cause that's what they were using before. Do we just need an international outlet ower adapter?
    I got your PM and will send out a free key tomorrow to help you get started. Take a look at the first picture and compare how the key hole is turned on yours. It should work in the lock on the right without problem. The one on the left may or may not. These locks are re-key-able for the parlors by a mechanism on the backside.

Omlock reKeying.jpg

You may want to get a transformer to step down the US power to the Japanese 100V. Something like this but I don't know the wattage you would need.

https://www.amazon.com/VCT-VT-500J-J...c100+converter

Or something like the item in post #14 for transforming US 110/120V to the needed 24VAC. I personally change them out as a form of insurance over the long term and for what I've paid for some machines.

Before I mail the key, do you know if you need a dongle? This is what bypasses the system allowing modern machines to shoot balls outside of the parlor setting. The dongle might look like one of these and plugs into a 25 pin port on the lower back of the machine.

Dongles 3.jpg

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh boy...

The key is like the one on the left. It may or may not work, but it's worth a try.
    Wuz12LC.jpg
    I don't think we need a dongle.

So I'm just trying to get a straight answer, would a step down adapter work? I don't know enough about wiring to completely replace the transformer in there, and I can't do it anyways. (in a wheelchair, hands don't work) Can I just get this?
    https://www.amazon.com/Simran-SM200J...70_&dpSrc=srch

The one linked in the post above is 110v, but the US is 120v. I just want to get this working and not damage anything

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Swapping transformers is really pretty easy even for someone without electronics knowledge. It does require use of hands, but not a high level of dexterity. I am sure you could also find an electronics repair place that would swap it out cheaply if you would rather go that route. I have some machine that still use the Japanese adapter. I am sure there may be a bit more risk because of the higher voltage and wear on components, but my machines aren’t powered on for more than a couple hours at a time and I guess I’ve always thought that’s what a fuse is for if there’s a surge.

Sorry i cant help with the adapter.

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Spyder138 that it is a fairly easy swap if you want to consider that route. If you go with the Amazon item then I'd at least suggest the next model up for the same price. If I figure the numbers right then your transformer will draw 300 watts and the item in your post is under that with 200. The one I posted from Amazon costs less and is from the same manufacturer with just a different brand name on it.

Remember that I am no electronics person. I used rapidtables.com to come to my conclusion. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can affirm or correct me on this. I would at least kill the power when not in use. Even with a machine off the transformers draw power and heat up.

Yep that's the dongle and a key will be in the mail

(The one linked in the post above is 110v, but the US is 120v.)
    The 110/120 applies to to both units. I believe the true standard is 117 volts but does fluctuate depending on what is powered. Many folk refer to the US as having a 120 volt system.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 03-30-2018 at 12:10 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with Spyder138 that it is a fairly easy swap if you want to consider that route. If you go with the Amazon item then I'd at least suggest the next model up for the same price. If I figure the numbers right then your transformer will draw 300 watts and the item in your post is under that with 200. The one I posted from Amazon costs less and is from the same manufacturer with just a different brand name on it.

Remember that I am no electronics person. I used rapidtables.com to come to my conclusion. Hopefully someone with more knowledge can affirm or correct me on this. I would at least kill the power when not in use. Even with a machine off the transformers draw power and heat up.

Yep that's the dongle and a key will be in the mail
    Thanks! I just linked that one cause it said 120v vs the one you said was 110v

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Take a look at the first picture and compare how the key hole is turned on yours. It should work in the lock on the right without problem. The one on the left may or may not. These locks are re-key-able for the parlors by a mechanism on the backside.

Omlock reKeying.jpg
    A correction of sorts here:

After looking around at my machines it would appear that the info that I found has the two pictures reversed as ALL of mine resemble the lock on the left. Or could it be that the general key works (most often) with the lock cylinder set in either direction? Sorry for any confusion and open to further input.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

From San Japan 2017. The P4 machine was fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

28. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to mandoman

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast