Thread: New Member looking for an answer

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Member looking for an answer

Hello All,

So glad I ran across this forum. After 3 years of having this pachislo machine sitting in my garage, I am finally getting around to getting things setup. My MIL bought it a number of years ago from a guy on the side of the road selling these PlanetT machines modified with new graphics for foootball teams. She brought it home and set it up and for the first year or so we had some fun without having any clue what it said.

Skip forward 3 years and it is sitting in my garage bar area. Hasn’t been plugged in for years. I got it plugged in and thought we were going to roll but no such luck. It seems the machine is stuck in reset mode. It only seems to show the menu and when I flip the reset switch it shows the PlanetT logo with the various years, but never starts the game.

From reading through the forums the best I could search, it seems like everyone uses these machines in Japanese and there is no way to do a language change to English. I am having a time trying to find a manual that shows to to reset the machine back to standard play mode. I have managed to work out how to change the skill level, but that’s about it. Anything you guys can provide to get me back up and running would be a true help.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Member looking for an answer

Waving Hello and Welcome to PachiTalk

No sure if you are doing the full reset aka hard reset, that usually clears most errors,

So just to double check that you are doing the correct FULL reset including the odds change, here's some info on resetting, I have collated from the Forums for you,

It's also possible that you may have the machine set up to require a re-set after a Bonus, if so then you may wish to put the 2 switches into the 'off' position as detailed at the end of the following:

"How To Set the Skill Levels of Your Pachislo
    HOW CHANGE ODDS:

"TURN YOUR MACHINE OFF FIRST"

1. Locate internal key switch, and insert key.
    Note: In order to change odds, machine must be in idle mode with no tokens/coins or credits being played and off.

2. Turn "reset" key switch to on, to access programming mode.

3. Turn on machine now.

4. Depending on machine type, a number from 1 to 6 will be displayed on one of the LED meters on front door.

5. Locate and push Skill button. Depress button and notice movement of number being displayed in LED meter.

6. Once desired level is displayed (1 to 6), push down on play handle (Joy Stick) for 10 seconds, and depress both "BET CREDITS" and "COLLECT CREDITS" buttons to lock odds level into machine memory.

7. Turn "reset" key back to off.

8. Machine should immediately initialize. If not, turn power switch to the OFF position, wait 15 seconds and turn power switch back to ON position.

Also just to confirm some additional info (from member Chrisdice) regarding hard reset

Two switches on the power supply:
    - One requires a soft reset at the end of a bonus.
    - The other pays out all tokens at the end of a bonus.

For these switches in most cases off is in the down or right position. The for off and on are:

無 = off

有 = on

Do let us know how you get on and hopefully our more technically minded members will be able to assist with further trouble shooting for you

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to hanabi

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Member looking for an answer

Hello BigDaddyJ and welcome to the group

Does your machine have the holographic yellow/gold overlaid menu screen? On my Pulsar I have never been able to alter any of the menu options within it and don't recall anyone doing so. You may want to post a few pictures if you still have trouble after a couple attempts with what hanabi posted.