Thread: First Pachinko questions

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default First Pachinko questions

Ok, got my first pachinko. Alien vs Predator. I've played it a bunch and it is SUPER SUPER HARD!! I've had countless chances and they never win. I am trying to see if the Alien movements are working or broken and it seems the only way to test it is to get a jackpot. I've opened this thing up and unlike traditional arcades or pins or slots, I cannot find anything that would put this into a setup or test mode where I can change difficulty (odds) or test the animatronics. I've been all over this machine inside and out with my phone on Google translate trying to find a test button or something. Anybody know how traditionally these are setup?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: First Pachinko questions

Usually when you first power a pachinko up it will go through a test sequence and move all the animatronics. I would imagine AvP is the same.

Odds are fixed on the machine. The only way to better your odds are to adjust the nails to make it easier to get the balls in the pockets.
    Gotta catch 'em all Pa-chink-o

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Ikaria View Post
    Usually when you first power a pachinko up it will go through a test sequence and move all the animatronics. I would imagine AvP is the same.

Odds are fixed on the machine. The only way to better your odds are to adjust the nails to make it easier to get the balls in the pockets.
    Awesome! Good to know. Yeah some parts of the Alien move but the jaw and inner mouth do not which is what I am trying to figure out if it's broken or just only used in a jackpot

Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Been a while since I had my AVP cell in play as my Thunderbirds one is in the frame now. The inner mouth doesn't move during start up but it does during parts of the fever rounds. I don't recall at what point it does move but it didn't seem to be consistently involved in every fever round. Perhaps it was during a bonus round after the fever?

Play! Play! Play! You'll get there

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Your machine is just on a dry spell. What are the odds of your machine? Pachinkos can hit extremely often and also have long dry spells

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very good to know!! As goobie said, I guess it's in a dry spell. Not sure what the odds are on thing. Really while different world with pachislos and pachinkos over pinball, arcades, and slot machines.

Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Just be sure to have your phone or camera ready because when you do hit your first jackpot you are going to want to record it.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by beholder View Post
    Just be sure to have your phone or camera ready because when you do hit your first jackpot you are going to want to record it.
    I know how this is going to sound.....but I do not yet have the balls to handle a jackpot (que the ROFLAO). Seriously though, I haven't ordered enough balls I think to handle a jackpot and am not sure if it will tilt or something.

Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So you can actually check the odds of your machine. If you look in the corner there should be some Japanese text and 1/xxx (ex. 1/319). This Is the chance of getting a fever every time a ball gets in the start hole. Your machine shouldn’t tilt or anything. The only thing that happens when your machine doesn’t have an a Balls is when you reload it it’s just going to keep paying out until you have reached the payout total.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

what do you mean by tilt? as if fall over? or as shaking game and tilt alarm goes off? if fall over, add two 2x12x1 to bottom of machine, with felt pads on bottom so screws don't hurt whatever machine is on or build a cabinet, lots of idea posted on pachitalk
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

and 2000 to 2500 is around number of balls needed, the more the better
    2018 Jaws 2 Panic Again 2016 Superman Limit Break 2016 Majestic Prince 2015 MaCross Frontier 2 2015 Castlevania 2015 Persona 4 2014 Star Wars 3 2013 Biohazard 2011 Kung Fu Panda 2009 Star Wars 2 Light 2009 MaCross Robotech

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I think he meant a tilt system like in pinball machines. If it falls over then it might be game over for a long time

I haven't seen a tilt mechanism in a pachinko or pachislo yet other than in the computer pachinko.

Like Goobie said, just reload and play. But during a fever round the system could time out if you are reloading and not shooting balls thus ending that round. You can just play it out and the reload xx times or take the challenge to reload while still shooting. Good exercise we call the ball shuffle

Thanks
    Thanks Received

My Macross Frontier 2 has one, my girlfriend had fever after fever, and started having to much fun, and started shaking machine, it would shoot, but payouts stopped completely, then alarms and flashing went off, it took a bunch of shaking to set it off, I had no idea what happen until I thought about it and she was telling me that she was suppose to shake machine

15. The following user says "Thanks" to quester

Thanks
    Thanks Received

NetHawk. Geoff is working with a 3d printer to design an "extender" option that sits on top of the machine and screws into the wood part of the frame...the design would only work if you didn't wall-mount the unit but once we figure out the details I can let you know if interested. Nothing worse than a machine that yells at you when your out of balls in the hopper.

See thread link here:
    http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...-hopper-on-top!

Otherwise GL finding a way to hold all of those balls!
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

quick question. Is there anyway to turn off the feeder for the reward balls? My lupin machine constantly clicks because there are no balls back there for the payout.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I thought most had a low level microswitch to stop that, although I've seen some with a vibrating element fitted to tease stuck balls down to the motor
    Ian #UKPachinko