Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How to keep Pachinko machine from tipping over?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How to keep Pachinko machine from tipping over?

Nice and simple, great job

btw the pachi-holics support group meets every fifth Sunday

2. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Very nice. Have you ever played in a parlor?

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Goobie777 View Post
    Very nice. Have you ever played in a parlor?
    No I haven't.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You would have a blast. Lol. You live close enough, why not take a trip down to pachinko world?

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Goobie777 View Post
    You would have a blast. Lol. You live close enough, why not take a trip down to pachinko world?
    Looks like fun.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    Due to the low wattage ratings of most volume controls used. If the machine volume is set to high settings and the volume is done off the added pots only. They burn out a lot quicker.
    So I started to adjust the volume controls for the first time and the speakers came back on again. Is there a recommended way to adjust these controls? There are two of them. Are they isolated to each speaker or is there some sort of equilibrium you need to achieve between both of the controls.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by beholder View Post
    So I started to adjust the volume controls for the first time and the speakers came back on again. Is there a recommended way to adjust these controls? There are two of them. Are they isolated to each speaker or is there some sort of equilibrium you need to achieve between both of the controls.
    Check where these wires...which are spliced into the speaker wires, go to. Most likely goes to the amplifier (sound board?). Look for a 2 (high/low), or 3 (high/med/low) switch. Some machines have a volume switch. If this machine has one, it will likely be on the sound boaed. If you find a switch, test it in all positions. Listen carefully, the 3 position models are usually: LOUD, EXTREMELY LOUD, AND EARSPLITTINLOUDENBOOMER!
    what I think Drunkenclam was trying to say was: If you add aftermarket volume controls...and your machine has a volume switch, and it is set to the loudest setting...it could damage the add on controls. If it has a volume switch, set it to a lower level and test. The switch controls all speakers with a single switch.
    When you adjusted them, and they worked...do they adjust gradually from one end to the other? Does it have a dead spot that is where it was when it did not work? Or...does it change very little for most of the rotation, then do all its reduction in a small range? If it works aell, set to a comfortable level, and enjoy. The volume controls are for EACH speaker. If you have 5 speakers, you have 5 volume controls.
    If most of the rotation does little, and all adjustments is in a small part of the rotation...live with it. Unles it bothers you, then replace them.
    If there is a "dead spot" on either one, I would replace both. Even if only one is bad. If you only replace one, the response of the controls would be unequal. You could achieve equal volume...but the L/R adjustments would "feel" different. It would bother me, and I would want a matched set.
    I am assuming you can do it yourself. Seems like DIY is the simplest fix.
    Since you have 2, one for each speaker. Adjust them to a comfortable, even level. Unless you are 80 percent deaf in one ear...then adjust accordingly.
    Last edited by pachiwall; 02-22-2018 at 01:07 AM.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Check where these wires...which are spliced into the speaker wires, go to. Most likely goes to the amplifier (sound board?). Look for a 2 (high/low), or 3 (high/med/low) switch. Some machines have a volume switch. If this machine has one, it will likely be on the sound boaed. If you find a switch, test it in all positions. Listen carefully, the 3 position models are usually: LOUD, EXTREMELY LOUD, AND EARSPLITTINLOUDENBOOMER!
    what I think Drunkenclam was trying to say was: If you add aftermarket volume controls...and your machine has a volume switch, and it is set to the loudest setting...it could damage the add on controls. If it has a volume switch, set it to a lower level and test. The switch controls all speakers with a single switch.
    When you adjusted them, and they worked...do they adjust gradually from one end to the other? Does it have a dead spot that is where it was when it did not work? Or...does it change very little for most of the rotation, then do all its reduction in a small range? If it works aell, set to a comfortable level, and enjoy. The volume controls are for EACH speaker. If you have 5 speakers, you have 5 volume controls.
    If most of the rotation does little, and all adjustments is in a small part of the rotation...live with it. Unles it bothers you, then replace them.
    If there is a "dead spot" on either one, I would replace both. Even if only one is bad. If you only replace one, the response of the controls would be unequal. You could achieve equal volume...but the L/R adjustments would "feel" different. It would bother me, and I would want a matched set.
    I am assuming you can do it yourself. Seems like DIY is the simplest fix.
    Since you have 2, one for each speaker. Adjust them to a comfortable, even level. Unless you are 80 percent deaf in one ear...then adjust accordingly.
    The volume control definitely is not the smoothest but seems to work for the most part. If I get some replacements as promised I will change them just to see if it improves things but everything seems to be working fine now and couldn't be happier. I agree though that there definitely seems to be an inclination to only loud settings as when I try to set it to a lower settings the speakers seem to just cut out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2