Thread: What happens if you don't have a card reader?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default What happens if you don't have a card reader?

So on a few of my machines whenever I gain a payout a card reader slot green icon appears periodically. What happens if I do not have a card slot attached? Is there some sort of theoretical number building in the machine that needs to "pay out" on a card ever...will it affect gameplay?

I saw another post where this was constantly coming up and someone says the machine pays out too much (or more frequently than normal)...That doesn't sound right. But I wanted to make sure I didn't misinterpret.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: What happens if you don't have a card reader?

Calypso

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I never came across this on the 2 I had, Both paid out fine during fevers.
    What kind of dongle are you using?
    It might be a new protocal that the interferes witha credit dongle.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I’ll take a photo of the dongle later (not sure the type). But on all of my moderns (which all of mine are) I get the card reader a lot icon occasionally. I haven’t reallt had a problem yet persay but was curious of what this guy wrote could actually be true. Doesn’t everyone get that image during a fever?
    Calypso

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

I don't. Can we get a picture of the image.

Mine just paid out the balls in great floods. Not 20/min.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

TO be fair mine doesn’t do what that guy posted either...I was curious if that was a real issue or he was just misinformed (and maybe like 10 jackpot rounds into a win and needing to pay out a ton of balls). I’ll snap a photo.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have often seen the on screen message during fever rounds on my Girls und Panzer. This comes on after several minutes of being out of reward balls and goes away every time after I refill the hopper. I would think the card reader message pertains to set-ups in parlors. Is the message asking for the card to be inserted or removed. Any players in Japan familiar with this?

The other with the payouts is probably just catching up with winning balls. I've had older modern machines (when new to me) cycle out 15 balls about 10 seconds apart. Maybe it seemed like minutes if doing this for a couple thousand balls. I haven't heard of an option for home users to dump winnings to a card reader but it would be cool. My Daverob readers max out at 999 credits or <25k balls.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'd be interested to know which machines this occurs on, and to see a picture of the card slot icon.

As far as I am aware there's nothing in the card reader interface protocol that allows the pachinko to transfer winnings back onto the prepaid card. I don't know if the latest pachinko machines have new signalling to allow this, as I don't have anything that recent to test with. From what I've seen of current Japanese ball handling equipment from the manufacturers websites, there's nothing on the market to support a win being directly added to credit on a prepaid card, rather than being paid out from the pachinko machine in balls, and then counted externally before being credited back to the card.

The current version of the card reader emulator dongle does max out at 999, as the credit display only has three digits to show it on. When I designed the first version of the dongle, I considered that 'rolling over' when it goes beyond 999, so 1000 credits shows zero would be more confusing. There could be a future update where the dongle keeps track of higher credit balances, but it would be a fairly big code change, and would add the complication that smartcards with a balance of over 1000 credits wouldn't work on older versions of the emulator dongle.

I have been playing around with ball counting sensors recently. With the eventual intention of coming up with something that can count your winnings and credit it back to a smartcard, but progress seems to be at a glacial pace at the moment.

10. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to daverob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have both the SW & Panzers and new noticed this Card Reader Icon? Both pay out as expected on fevers.... please post that icon pic and the dongle too. You may have something parlor specific?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I was able to catch a picture of the item I believe Calypso was asking about. This card message comes up once for about three seconds on my Girls und Panzer pachinko shortly after a fever round begins. This was while using a home made dongle but I believe it has also come up in the past while using my Daverob dongle as well.

My loose translation of it via Google seems that it is a reminder (in a parlor) to remove your prepaid card from the slot. You don't want to forget it or have it stolen.

This makes sense if the machine starts off pulling credits from your card that is kept in the slot. Then if you win a large amount the system alerts you as one may forget because they are now playing from a tray full of balls, not credits. Does this add up to you guys?

pachinko card mssg.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy pic. I'll try for a better one.

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Seems like a reasonable assumption, Peteybob. A reminder to take out your prepaid card and use the credits that you have from the fever. Your prepaid card can be redeemed for the full cash value remaining on the card. Your winnings can only be applied to prizes, including TUC redeemable gold markers, or snacks. The parlor takes their cut as does the TUC shop when converting your markers for yen so you never get the full cash value of balls that are used in the machine. Maybe one of our active Japan players can give a better estimate, but I seem to remember about 10% of winnings not showing up in my final cash out.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks Peteybob

That looks similar to what I was seeing. I’m sure that photo changes between brands, but the meaning is probably the same! Thanks for the photo. On one of my machines it s an animation showing the card going in and out (or maybe just coming out).

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    I was able to catch a picture of the item I believe Calypso was asking about. This card message comes up once for about three seconds on my Girls und Panzer pachinko shortly after a fever round begins. This was while using a home made dongle but I believe it has also come up in the past while using my Daverob dongle as well.

My loose translation of it via Google seems that it is a reminder (in a parlor) to remove your prepaid card from the slot. You don't want to forget it or have it stolen.

This makes sense if the machine starts off pulling credits from your card that is kept in the slot. Then if you win a large amount the system alerts you as one may forget because they are now playing from a tray full of balls, not credits. Does this add up to you guys?

pachinko card mssg.jpg

Sorry for the fuzzy pic. I'll try for a better one.
    Calypso

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    Thanks Peteybob

That looks similar to what I was seeing. I’m sure that photo changes between brands, but the meaning is probably the same! Thanks for the photo. On one of my machines it s an animation showing the card going in and out (or maybe just coming out).
    Come to think of it mine may have been an animation as well. There is so much going on across the three display screens and this pops up for a few seconds that I don't recall. LOL

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    going in and out
    You said going in and out. Hehe. He. Hehe.