Thread: PS Troubleshooting

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default PS Troubleshooting

Hey all, I am troubleshooting my Power supply on my IGT Alien. The auction I got it from stated it would not operate fully so they swapped another power supply in it and it worked fine, but put the old one back in it and just stated it as bad. When I got it, I fired it up and for a split second the main florescent lights came on but then it all went off besides the internal board leds and the empty coin and digital readouts on the front display which read 0. So, I opened the power supply housing up and checked the caps and looked for any cold or cracked solder joints but everything seems good! No swollen or crack/leaking caps. So I am moving onto the fuses/voltage next. I am going to check voltage first to make sure the proper voltage is getting to the system, I am not familiar with pachislo voltages so what am I looking to read at the power supply and what should I adjust it to? I will move onto fuses next and just replace them in any case just for ****s and giggles as fuses can always give false readings.
    Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well got the game up and running...But would still like to know what voltage the power supply on pachislos are supposed to be sending the boards way. Arcade boards are 5 volts, but what are pachislos?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Aliens Fanatic!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: PS Troubleshooting

The psu has multiple voltages and comms signals from the hopper and overflow sensors coming from it. Also some have the setting switches plus the reset button.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    The psu has multiple voltages and comms signals from the hopper and overflow sensors coming from it. Also some have the setting switches plus the reset button.
    I am going to try and contact IGT and see if they still have any info on this. I'm finding out pachislos are each very different and they each have different voltages and different parts. My Alien has a sound board and a game board, each with different voltage. Apparently not all games have these game boards. This is what voltage i need to know.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Aliens Fanatic!