Thread: How do I access this connector / front long flourescent bulb?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default How do I access this connector / front long flourescent bulb?

Hi all, sorry I'm back so soon, thought my fix was permanent, but I was wrong -- but I'm fairly certain I know what connector is not making contact ---

Can anyone with a similar Yamasa machine as the King of King Pulsar tell me how to access this connector in the picture? It's the (as you look at the back of the door) right side connector for the long flourescent bulb -- looks to have an orange and a blue wire going into it -- and only if I press down on the connector from the back will the light stay on. I just am not sure if the light bulb (and its connectors) are accessed from the front of the machine or the back.

There are two pictures attached, one is just a close up of the other, but essentially, the question is how do i expose/access the long flourescent bulb.

Thanks in advance! Dave
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How do I access this connector / front long flourescent bulb?

In case someone else with the same style of machine isn't around for a while can you take another picture? Can you get a shot of the area around the light, the silver plastic from end to end on the inside over the light? With the machine off and light from behind you might be best.

Some machines have tabs to hold panels in place and are inserted from the front of the cabinet for access to the bulbs. Others have a panel to remove from the inside. My light bulbs are accessible from the inside from behind the control board that you moved to the top of the door.

Yamasa Mar2.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thank you Peteybob -- I really do appreciate your help!
    I took a bunch of pictures -- I hope these are better -- I see that there is one silver plastic piece in the top center in the back that has a screw, but I don't think that it's likely that one screw will remove the whole long silver plastic piece. It's odd to me -- everything else on this machine is fairly accessible and easy to change out light bulbs, so I can't imagine the intent was for me to have to remove multiple "modules" to get to a bulb. But when I look at the front, thinking that perhaps that's the access point, nothing there is in intuitively obvious either for accessing that bulb. Please see the pictures, and again, thank you for your help troubleshooting!
    daveIMG_0607.JPGIMG_0606.JPGIMG_0605.JPGIMG_0610.JPGIMG_0609.JPGIMG_0612.JPGIMG_0611.JPGIMG_0608.JPG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's my take on this of which there may be another way but it is what I figured out on a couple of my machines. On my Yamasa machine there were three layers to go thru before I could get the glass plate removed if I ever need to again. But this is very different than your machine as we saw earlier. So I moved over to my Aruze machine to show a simpler example (I hope) of how several of my other machine lights are accessed.

Picture 1 is showing the light panel opened and it will just lift out. At the top of the panel frame there are two tabs that latch into the two corresponding slots above the light bulb.

Light Cover Tab a.jpg

Picture 2 shows the same tabs locked in place from the inside of the door. I used a flat head screwdriver to depress the tabs to slowly release the panel. We don't want to crack any plastic!

Light Cover Slot b.jpg

For your machine I would start with to small slots in the center of the silver panel if there isn't any way seen to remove the panel itself. Look in the slots for a release tab. They might be for either the upper or lower panel on the front of the door. Again, go easy and don't force anything as some damage may never be repaired. One other place I would look at is to see if there is anything behind the black board below the silver panel.

dsktp.jpg

Beyond that I am at a lost for ideas right now. I do hope another member can offer some more info to your exact machine.

A final thought: remember that these machines were only meant to see action for a few years before disposed or recycled into secondary areas. Ease of access to tube bulbs probably wasn't high on the needs list for the parlors. I suspect that most of mine are still the original bulbs.

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi All,
    I was just wondering if anybody had any luck changing this bulb? We have had a King Pulsar for years and the top bulb just went out. We have been trying to figure out how to change it without much luck?

Thanks!