Thread: Cranky Condor need help please

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Cranky Condor need help please

I need some help. I'm located in South Florida. I bought a Cranky Condor from Offerup. I knew it needed repairs. What I didn't know is I can't find anyone in the state to work on it.

Basically it has "HE" error (hopper error). I replace the reset key with a switch and followed the instructions online on how to reset it. Nothing. It lights up and sound is working but the error persist. It's also had the Stop reel board with a burnt fuse. I replaced the fuse and the board started smoking. I removed the board and apparently it is rare. Part# is AC1543aP3. The only one I found online is P2 on Ebay.

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. I would really like to have the machine restored as close to original as possible.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cranky Condor need help please

Hello miamiframes and welcome to the group

Sounds like something is shorting out or the power supply/transformer isn't matching the voltage of your home. With the machine unplugged, look around for stray tokens. Depending how the machine was handled prior to you getting it there is a chance that a token could be stuck behind a circuit board, under the hopper or even in the power supply.

Post a picture of the inside (2mb max per picture size) and perhaps others will identify something more to be checked into. Sorry I do not have that board and I don't know if the P2 and P3 versions are interchangeable.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Cranky Condor need help please

Thank you for your response to my request. I've emptied the cabinet completely and have removed all the stay token. I don't think the P2 is interchangeable with the P3 because the pins are different. (Based on pictures I have compared)

I would really like to find someone with expertise in repair the unit. If I can find a board then at least I can eliminate if that is causing the error. I will post pictures this afternoon.

If anyone can fix the machine please let me know.