Thread: Loose Wire / King of Pulsar King of Kings

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Loose Wire / King of Pulsar King of Kings

Good afternoon all,
    I have a King of Kings Pulsar pachislo that is working well, but I have noticed one oddity that I can't seem to fix.

The only time that the light behind the "payout" near the top will stay lit is when the machine door is 98% or so closed. If I close it al the way, the light goes off. If I open it up even more, it goes off.

The game is functional even when the door is 98% closed, but I suspect that some wire must be loose or being "pinched" somewhere, but I couldn't find any evidence at all of that.

The attached pictures are with the door all the way closed (light is off), door 98% closed (light is on) and a picture of the inside of the machine.

Thank you for any help you can give!
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following user says "Thanks" to davidbrenner

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Loose Wire / King of Pulsar King of Kings

Hello davidbrenner and welcome to the group

I have a variation of your machine (Neo Magic Pulsar) which has a slightly different layout inside but a couple of my cables will kill that light panel when unplugged. Check around this area of the door.

dsktp.jpg

The large ribbon cable connection on the left side impacts the lighting on mine as well as a three wire plug connection that I don’t see the same of on yours. I believe that the board in the center clear box with wires at the top and bottom supports the power to that light panel.

Try unplugging and re-seating the various cables (with the power off) if you haven’t tried this yet. This will often resolve issues related to connections. After that I would try a wiggle test. With the power on, carefully move around the various wires to see if you can duplicate the problem. This may help in narrowing down a bad wire or pin within a connection.

I assume you are referring to the panel with frog on it. If it is the red panel below that, then also check the wires to the black plastic area inside the door above the window to the reels.

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Loose Wire / King of Pulsar King of Kings

Thank you! I think I got it fixed now -- using your advice, I checked the wires, and while I don't really know how I can access that plug to unplug and plug it back in, i pressed down on the connector highlighted in the last photo I updated and while I don't think it's perfect (the connection might be a bit spotty), it seems to be working now!

Thanks again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to davidbrenner