Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My 2018 Pachinko Diary

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default My 2018 Pachinko Diary

This is somewhere where I'll post my results on parlour playing and the like, mostly concerning modern pachinko but the occasional slotting as well. There will be a running total at the bottom with profit/loss for both combined, and any other notes relating to gameplay. All figures will be in yen unless otherwise stated. I play 1 yen pachinko and 2 or 5 yen slots.

This thread does not promote gambling (And at times it'll do completely the opposite)

First a few earlier ones from this year...

1/5/2018
    Put 3000 into a 1/99 Gingira Paradise Carnival for two short RUSH features. Got 1800 back. Then 2000 on a Juggler that was doing very little. Withdrew the 1800 on an i-coin which I hoped to use another day, but couldn't, so that's 1800 wasted. Total: -5000 yen

1/10/2018
    Last day before work. Go down to play the same Gingira as it hadn't gone big, and it was a one way ticket on the Marta bus. Put 10,000 in to get a rush after 6 flat 1-round bonuses. Clawed back 5,500. Moved onto the slots and they had me down another 5000. see where this is going....? Tried to get a hit on an Oki doki Tropical, but it was having none of it. Got a Regular bonus that was fed back in and walked. All or bust on a 1/319 Another God Hades Advent, FIRST SPIN it gives a very strong Reach mode for.....Zero. Then I put the 5500 through it to see if anything could be had. Couldn't. Long day where perseverance was needed. -15000. Running total: -20000

1/19/2018
    Was going to head back to the same place, but due to home things I changed plans and went elsewhere. Found a 1/99 Gingira which decided to play nicely. Bonus after 16 spins, rush after just the 1. Got about 10 off it or so and walked with 4,500. Off up to the slots where I changed up 2,000 and played various machines, cashed out the same amount. Go back down to Gingira and it's sitting on 281 spins since bonus. Give it a go and quickly bonuses again, tidy 9 bonus rush and another 4,000.
    Final machine is one I thought was Sea Story but is actually more knockoff "Go Go Marine-Chan!" Now I've never found a machine I didn't like.... Up til now. 1/99.7 it says, and I took this on at 460 odd spins. I left it at 662 spins. With pachinko, the chase is better than the catch. However, the chase here was terrible. A number of different hoops to go through to get the Go! Go! feature, which would award a very high amount of chances and still bin you off. Couldn't do it to myself anymore in the end, but did get the first profit of this year of 5000.
    "I give Go Go Marine Chan the lowest rating I've ever given a pachinko. A six out of ten."
    End result : +5000 2018 result: -15000

Next session tomorrow.

2. The following 13 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: My 2018 Pachinko Diary

Is the i-coin a form of redemption for your credits to be used on another machine? How did that go to waste, do they expire?

Nice read, thanks for sharing your reviews.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Is the i-coin a form of redemption for your credits to be used on another machine? How did that go to waste, do they expire?

Nice read, thanks for sharing your reviews.
    Cheers buddy, will definitely keep this updated. As for the i-coins, they are only to be used on the day they are collected from the pachinko machines. Anytime in said day, you can insert and withdraw them, but after that they're worthless. I didn't notice the necessary kanji "Toujitsu" until too late...! TBH it never struck me to look, as I do gamble with another member here (Undisclosed unless they are happy for me to) and they were generous enough to give me some chips from their local parlour, which worked a week or so after. Live and learn I guess....! Hair salon tomorrow, then a Tokyo-based parlour. A little more competition for the machines I like to play, but we'll see how things go!

5. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for sharing your diary. It is a fun read. One thing you might consider adding is total play time for the day. I think it is interesting to see how much entertainment value I get for my money when I have losing days. Generally, I’d be a lot more happy with a day I lost 5000 yen and played for 3 hours versus lost 5000 yen and played for 30 minutes.

7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Spyder138

Thanks
    Thanks Received

See you in a little bit! I’ll be going for a sesh too. Best of luck.....

gonna see how symphogear will treat me.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder138 View Post
    Thanks for sharing your diary. It is a fun read. One thing you might consider adding is total play time for the day. I think it is interesting to see how much entertainment value I get for my money when I have losing days. Generally, I’d be a lot more happy with a day I lost 5000 yen and played for 3 hours versus lost 5000 yen and played for 30 minutes.
    That's a good idea. Never considered it for whatever reason but I'll definitely put it in from now. From memory, the past sessions were:

1/5: 6 hours
    1/10: 9.5hours (Of which 5 of those was on the first Gingira)
    1/19: 4 hours

10. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Session 1/26

Duration: 6 hours
    Stake money: 10000 yen
    Money remaining at end: 0 yen

Played a Gingira Carnival for a 3-bonus rush. Decided to try for a bigger one and it played up. Got a 9 bonus rush for money back. Invested that in a Hades Advent 1/319. It didn't work out. A satisfying day nonetheless.

2018 total: -25000

Next week should be meeting up with Goobie777 unless I got the week wrong. Been a while since a joint session!

12. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

This weekend I’m free. It’s every other weekend.

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Mrs Clam complains if I spend 30 minutes in the pub on the way home. Let alone 6 hours in a parlour

But she did let me go to loft101 for my birthday
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Session 2/2

Duration: 7 hours 15 minutes (09:30-16:45)

Money staked: 10000 yen
    Money remaining at the end: 12200 yen, beer.

Played an awful lot of machines today. Gingira paid a quick 10-rush, Hades dead but walked off it sharpish. Played my first SymphoGear and it cost, but money back on a fairly short rush. Lost 1000 playing it back. Sea Story in Okinawa 3(?) 1/99 hit well. Good rushes and although all 6round bonuses, they added up, got a few k up off them. End of the day was going deep but recovering with a few hundred profit on Gingira.

The Slots.
    Lost 2000 on Juggler and Hades. Lost a chunk on the new Ring slot because I was having such a good time enjoying the game. Got that back on Juggler and Hanabi. Lost some 'checking' other machines. Rollercoaster today. Goos to have some profit!

2018 Total: -22500 yen (Beer plus remaining bits was 300 or so.

16. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Session: 9/2
    Duration: 8 hours
    Stake money: 25000
    Money remaining at the end: 25000

Met up with Goobie777, an insane rollercoaster of a day. Full report soon; I'm off to calm my nerves with beer.

18. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

He has a thing for the number 5

https://imgur.com/a/kiQYr

(if you know why we did this, you get one internet cookie)

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

took a break, back in 5?

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Tea time, oh wait, Thats 3 not 5
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

As promised, here's the full report from yesterday's escapade.

After a difficult journey (Involved going to Shin Kawasaki due to not listening) I got to the parlour at about half 10. Played the new clune game briefly but not an all out SESSION. That'll wait. Played some Hades for zero and like last time, walked away from it. Got no special Reach patterns and wasn't into the chase. Already I was a few thousand down and some bank-building was necessary. No Gingiras here, but recently I've enjoyed Sea Story in Okinawa 4. Threw a thousand in that and brought back up to 3k. Went upstairs to find Goobie and there he was.

Now things get a bit messy. While he took on the Clune game, I went on a Sammy game which I don't remember the name. Either way, we both found it on a 189 game headstart on a 1/99 machine. So off we went on our seperate machines. Occasionally, Goobie would come and see how I was doing. Then he switched machines. And again. Considering he saw me maybe every 20 minutes, played 3 machines.....It was a long one. After 6 2 7 spins, the machine coughed up a bonus round. It was a 4 round jitan. No afters. At that point I gave up and walked 10,000 down off it. Left and came back 5 minutes later with my 10,000 yen extra and some Vaseline for my ass after that shafting. What really made this one awful is that about 380 spins in, it flashes the Giraffe. This machine is a Sammy. Giraffes and Guaranteed Win are very fond of one another on Sammy machines. This time, it killed. Zero win. After that point, it wasn't just a bad beat, it was a Betrayal.

Never mind. Marine-chan will look after me. This time it was much of the same. 2000 yen on a Great Sea Story, and 1500 yen on Okinawa which hit after 5 spins. OK, so far so good. But the recovery is still very steep. TBH I'm looking at 20,000 down for the session. Whatever. It's been a fun day. Then Goobie comes up and says

"SymphoGear both free."

Time for the SESSION. 1/199 machine. his on 416 and mine on 347 IIRC. So already the machines are fairly involved. Few more data checks and it's looking like a damage limitation if it hits relatively early (or however early a 1/199 does.) They both take a fair bit of time and spins, but eventually mine hits. Usual 4 rounds to start, then the high chance V rush continuation. This hits too, and I get a few 16 rounds for a 5x Fever. Then that ends, we're into the usual sort of 'chance' feature you have when the Fever etc. ends. It hits again.
    For 19 Fevers.
    By the time the 24 fevers have ended, I've got ALL the money back from before. To the note. That's enough for me.

Later, we decide to have beers, but don't, and instead look around other parlours in the area. Some have some interesting machines that I'm sure we'll return to. I know what I will, and will NOT return to myself....!

One thing though is that these are so much more fun when you go with a friend. I do enjoy the solo sessions too don't get me wrong, but you can share the experiences with someone else and talk about whatever playing things you like. Most of the Japanese salarymen look bored and depressed half the time. THen again, they play the things so the good stuff continues to get made. I'll probably be on hiatus next week. No session. Week after is a strong possibility though I'll be up in the big TYO for the day, not Yokohama. Important things to sort out.

I'll leave the '5' mystery for a day or two before the reveal.

2818 Total: -22500 Yen.

Was a pleasure seeing you for a session Goobie. Til the next one.

24. The following 9 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I like where this diary idea is going. I think I will start a pachinko diary myself next time I go to a parlor.

26. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Goobie777

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Session: 16/2
    Duration: 5 hours (staggered)
    Stake money: 8000 yen
    Money remaining at end: 6000 yen

Hangover session.
    Played Gingira. Few k profit after a 10 rush. Unfortunately only one 16R. Put some in Okinawa 4 and then cashed out about 1k up. Good 2 hours there.

To the slots.
    Hokutonoken Tomo showing me signs it'll go to the limit, so I exit quickly. Ring gives a game but doesn't bonus. That's the money gone from earlier. Change up a K and juggler hits a few times. Leave just 1k out of pocket and it's time for more grub.

Symphogear Time
    Cost 4000 to go in. Rushes but only 3 Fevers. Took me to about 2.2k but then waxed the rest trying for a reboard. Down to 820. Hit on Okinawa 4 with the last 20. Cashed out at 2k.

Also had a 1k 1 hour session on the 18th, so...

2018 Total: -25500 yen

28. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Really enjoying these. Thanks for contributing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Session 20/2
    Duration: 4 Hours
    Stake Money: 7,000 yen
    Money remaining: 2,500 yen

Was going well until I tackled Ring, which shafted me for 1000 spins and 65 coins off the bonus. After which I find the Gingira I'd 7-rushed had just done a 24-rush. Great.
    After looking at Ring's data, it consisted of 200-700 spins for 100 coins or so back each time, and a couple of 1,000+spins thrown in too. God knows how and when it pays out but I'm not bothered anymore. NO-PLAY LIST.

2018 Total: -30000 yen

31. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF

Thanks
    Thanks Received

After the next sesh, the 5 mystery should be revealed.

33. The following user says "Thanks" to Goobie777

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast