Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Pachislo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    Thanks man! Please take video of your gameroom walkthrough! Id love to see the 'rooms'.

And of course. I know your need the aliens coin pusher?

lol
    Lol, I'm chalking that pusher up as a loss on the collection lol. I think they only made the 1 if I am not mistaking. Would literally be impossible to get.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Pachislo

Ok, jumping the gun here a bit so that I have everything ready when they arrive. I cannot visually confirm they are both 100v. They were both stated on the listings as being "standard household 100v power supplies". I have exhaustively read through numerous threads on here regarding "proper" voltages and how almost all just say its fine and will work fine here in the US with our 120v. Unfortunately, almost all have stated in one way or another that they only run their machines 20 minutes or so just in case as any longer they get a melted plastic smell. I have an full 40 game arcade in my house that I love to leave running occasionally for the sounds and also host lots of parties that run for long periods of time, so this would not work for me, leaving it as is with its original 100v transformer or it will melt something inside. I would rather just err on the side of caution and get this to its correct voltages to operate safely here in the US for hours on end as it was intended to. This being said, I am also a cautious spender (LOL) or I would just go out and drop the $100+ for power converters for each machine and be done with it. So I would rather just replace the key component if possible to correct this. Can I just buy a correct transformer and swap it out? or does it need more than that? I saw the link to powervolt for their slot transformers (http://www.powervolt.com/ProductDeta...133&InputID=39), but those are kinda high end transformers given the prices as I have found similar ones without all the bells and whistles for much much cheaper. Thanks in advance for the help all!!
    Aliens Fanatic!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

That page just lists 24vac transformers.

I always err on the side of caution and never advise using the incorrect voltage. Yes some people have used theirs without a 120-100 drop down transformer for years without an issue. In the end. It's your call.

As for what rating transformer to use. Well sorry to say. Wait till you have the machines and look at the data plate.

You may buy 120 to 100 vac transformer.then find you needed a 120 to 24 transformer

The power supplies inside the Pachislo isn't just a transformer. It also has connections for the hopper. Various voltages and comms signals too.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 01-31-2018 at 07:39 AM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

4. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenclam View Post
    That page just lists 24vac transformers.

I always err on the side of caution and never advise using the incorrect voltage. Yes some people have used theirs without a 120-100 drop down transformer for years without an issue. In the end. It's your call.

As for what rating transformer to use. Well sorry to say. Wait till you have the machines and look at the data plate.

You may buy 120 to 100 vac transformer.then find you needed a 120 to 24 transformer

The power supplies inside the Pachislo isn't just a transformer. It also has connections for the hopper. Various voltages and comms signals too.
    That's kinda the reason why I made the post as I was saying i don't want to risk it and would rather get it to the correct voltage. You make it sound like I want to run it as is which is not what I stated.

Aliens Fanatic!

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nope just I know others will say. Plug it in. Your be fine but it's not their machine your risking.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I totally agree with Drunkenclam on waiting to see what you get and then go from there. Possibly a little longer before playing them but worth it. Best to see it with your own eyes.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Guess I'm playing the waiting game then. They have arrived at FromJapans warehouse so I am waiting for the rest of my stuff to show up there to combine the shipping. I am going to grab a replacement power supply for the Alien in the meantime however since that's known bad. Guess any IGT power supply of that era should work.

Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Ok, just an update. Games got shipped out today and will arrive Monday. Grand total for the 2 pachislos (1 working, 1 needing new power supply) and 3 instruction booklets won/shipped was a whopping 80,401 Yen!!! ($1029.31 USD)!!!! So technically I got the pachislots for around $500 each total shipped and the booklets for around $10 each shipped. Not bad, not great, but not bad lol. For something that would have never ever popped up here in the states, I am happy with that (now watch next week they do lol). Also considering thats about the going retail rate of these over here with and without shipping, I am happy. I probably wont ever make any money on these if I ever sell them way down the road, but you never know. I like to atleast have some liquidity and gain on all my investments (games) in someway...(keeps the wife off the subject lol) but will have to bite the bullet on these. Shipped through Fedex as Peteybob stated was cheaper, and it was by about 30,000 yen (DHL was 89,000yen). FromJapan was a lot cheaper than Juno, about $300-$400 cheaper lol. His tack on prices and shipping were way above. Probably all he could offer being smaller than FromJapan. I am inquiring FromJapan on their payment fee addition as when I selected pay by card, it was the only one that didnt charge any fees (unlike the bank transfer and such), so I am curious why I was charged a total of about $10 in fees for this. The rest of the charges were exactly as Peteybob's posted invoice was.
    Aliens Fanatic!

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Nethawk86

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great update! Price-schmice you got what you wanted! Congrats~ Film the unboxing! lol. Always an exciting moment to share! Let us know when you can film the game room (s).

Fingers crossed that everything works out for you!
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Such excitement, like waiting for twins to be delivered! I hope it all comes in perfect condition to you.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

20180212_144020.jpg
    Boxes arrived

20180212_144157.jpg
    Ok....Nice packaging!

20180212_144258.jpg
    .....so we're playing this game are we?

20180212_144508.jpg
    FINALLY!!!!

20180212_144739.jpg
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20180212_144844.jpg
    Oh wait....I forgot I have another box!!!

20180212_150315.jpg
    Ummmmmm.......supposed to all be the big size...WTF???

20180212_150327.jpg
    Arrived all intact and glorious!!

20180212_162424.jpg
    Testing out the working Aliens
    Aliens Fanatic!

14. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Nethawk86

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So Aliens front bezel metal chrome is pretty nasty and pitted/rusted. I am going to have to bite the bullet and tear it completely apart down to the frame and then drop it off to be rechromed....or find a donor door off another game or parts store. Other than that, the game is perfect! No cracks or faded plastics or damage to any of the screens. It also came with a coinless adapter which was a nice addition lol. Alien is just beautiful all around and looks to be right out of the box! Not a scratch or anything to be seen anywhere!!!!! But the power supply as said is bad. I dug into it and replaced and re-soldered the fuses and looked it over but it looks fine. The fuses did not do the trick so I will have to bring out my Oscilloscope and put this puppy on it to see if any of the IC chips are bad as well as just go ahead and replace all the capacitors. Upon firing it up, the PS makes a click and the games reel light flashes on for a split second but then turns off and all that remains on is the board leds are all on and the front coin displays are on. I cant seem to find any similar power supplys to swap this out with and am unsure if I can use any other one for it (but the guys I bought it from stated they swapped it out to test it and it worked with the other PS so I assume it can be done). Both games are in fact 100v games. It does have a voltage regulator but I am unsure what these are supposed to be putting out voltage wise to the game board to adjust it if it is too high or too low. I work on arcades and their PCB's require a steady 5 volts, but assume these require much more. Cant wait to get Alien up and running soon!
    Aliens Fanatic!

16. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Nethawk86

Thanks
    Thanks Received

FrEAKIN AWESOME! CONGRATS! What a great find, AND you are that much closer to conquering the Alien franchise in video games. PS saw a Terminator pinball in the background of one photo. Is that massive games room you showed us earlier off of your kitchen?

I want a video! But I could not be happier. Your mechanical issues would be where I would get stuck if this happened to me...but clearly you have it well in hand! Seriously KUDOS~

Quote Originally Posted by Nethawk86 View Post
    So Aliens front bezel metal chrome is pretty nasty and pitted/rusted. I am going to have to bite the bullet and tear it completely apart down to the frame and then drop it off to be rechromed....or find a donor door off another game or parts store. Other than that, the game is perfect! No cracks or faded plastics or damage to any of the screens. It also came with a coinless adapter which was a nice addition lol. Alien is just beautiful all around and looks to be right out of the box! Not a scratch or anything to be seen anywhere!!!!! But the power supply as said is bad. I dug into it and replaced and re-soldered the fuses and looked it over but it looks fine. The fuses did not do the trick so I will have to bring out my Oscilloscope and put this puppy on it to see if any of the IC chips are bad as well as just go ahead and replace all the capacitors. Upon firing it up, the PS makes a click and the games reel light flashes on for a split second but then turns off and all that remains on is the board leds are all on and the front coin displays are on. I cant seem to find any similar power supplys to swap this out with and am unsure if I can use any other one for it (but the guys I bought it from stated they swapped it out to test it and it worked with the other PS so I assume it can be done). Both games are in fact 100v games. It does have a voltage regulator but I am unsure what these are supposed to be putting out voltage wise to the game board to adjust it if it is too high or too low. I work on arcades and their PCB's require a steady 5 volts, but assume these require much more. Cant wait to get Alien up and running soon!
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Muahahaha!! Checked voltages and the readings were insanely low. Checked IC 9 and 10 by R23 and one leg was stuck open, jumped the leg over and adjusted the voltage up halfway and it turned on after a minute. Cranked the voltage up a hair more to give it more juice and now it fires up as soon as its turned on! Still would love to see what these need to be at to make absolute sure I'm not over cranking it too much and that there is an underlying issue. But atleast for now it's running great! Will keep an eye on temps when I get up later today and see what it's doing after running for a bit to give me an idea on if it's being over cranked.

Aliens Fanatic!

19. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Nethawk86

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2