Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Pachislo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default New Pachislo

Hey all, getting ready to pickup some pachislo and pachinko machines. A pachislo is going to be imported and have been asked by the proxy site if they can remove anything to shave weight (guessing its too much over or something). I am curious if there is anything that can be removed that is worth removing...like the power supply or transformer or something since its a different rating anyway and that I could just order a correct one here? Obviously I said they can remove any tokens. But the hopper and everything else I can think of is necessary. Any suggestions?

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: New Pachislo

the standard internal power supply has hopper connections and things in it. Best not to remove it.

Some pachislos are 24vac some are 100vac, the 24vac ones need a step down transformer. When I ship a machine I always say I odn't need this as

a) adds weight
    b) can come loose in transit and cause damage
    c) doesn't match UK voltage anyway and just goes in the bin

*******WARNING*******

if you do buy a 24vac machine without a transformer. The standard 24V plug is the same as the 100/110 v mains plug used in Japan and the USA.

DO NOT plug it in to your wall socket without a transformer. or you will blow it up. Many have, then come here crying about it afterwards.
    Ian #UKPachinko

3. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I guess depending on their requirements they could pull out things like the power supply, hopper, and reel cage to be sent in a second box. But I think that the damage potential to a reel cage would increase a lot if pulled out and re-boxed. It might be a question of how much is shipping 1 heavy box with company "A" compared to 2 boxes with company "B". That is if they even offer it.

The largest I've received was a single pachinko box at about 86 lbs using DHL last June thru FromJapan. I paid a little more but it was also handled very few times and well cared for all the way. Some international shipping rules have changed since then at least with the postal systems I believe.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well this is supposedly a 100 volt power supply the guy says. I am using FromJapan and gave him an estimated weight of 30kg since none were listed. He is quoting me around $400 to ship international to me then around $120 to ship from the seller to his location. Then he asked if he could remove anything. I wasnt sure.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sounds about right for price. Weight might be more. Depends on age of machine. Take a look in the FromJapan thread. Some people have listed size and weight of their shipment
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I agree with the international shipping cost. Larger packages get to a point of where the cost of the size is as much a factor (if not more) as the weight. I'm not sure about the $120 shipping within Japan. All of mine ran in the $20-$30 range in getting to the From Japan site. You could be paying more due to a very long distance or hard to access location that it is being sold from. Some sellers on YJA have been posting dirt cheap prices but then charging a large shipping fee.

Was he asking about removing items in a way to offer you a less expensive shipping cost or was it out of his need in how to ship it to you?
    Last edited by Peteybob; 01-18-2018 at 05:38 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I have been getting quotes at both FromJapan and Juno bid service. Juno is the one quoting me for the 400 international shipping and 300 for the auction listing (which is 19999 yen then he adds 11% for his service and is where I came up with the $120 difference for the local shipping I guess). He is asking me if he can remove parts as box weight is max 30kg and said he will put parts in another box to ship separately. Then FromJapan told me they cannot give me quotes and to use their estimate calculator they have. Which I did and it came out to $430 total shipped!!!!! They have two options for shipping, 1 is EMS which is around $380ish, then DHL which is like $140. They have their domestic shipping estimate set at 700 yen which sounds too low so I upped it to 9000 yen just to be safe and it still comes out to around $450ish shipped.

So something sounds way the hell off here and so I contacted FromJapan to confirm any other fees they add that the calculator doesn't take into consideration and they aren't responding lol. So.....something doesn't sound right...besides Juno using EMS instead of DHL which explains some of the cost difference, so I shot him an email last night asking what shipper hes using and still no response. Auction ends the 20th. We are talking quite a bit of a price difference here, but I don't want to loose out nor do I want to go with FromJapan and end up being over what Juno quoted me lol. $700 total for Juno, $430ish total for FromJapan. $270 difference is quite a leap there.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I'm not sure what hours Juno operates but From Japan started their work day only 25 minutes ago. I imagine that they have a lot of correspondences to go thru every morning. That $140 for DHL seems very low for a premium carrier around here. I've paid $300 - $425 for them to handle my packages. Fed-Ex is a little cheaper.

Some other From Japan fees can be a payment transfer 200 yen, receiving/inspection fee 300/700 yen, tax if required of the seller per Japan.
    Last edited by Peteybob; 01-18-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Oh and there's the possible over sized box packaging fee of another 2500 yen. Here is a sample for you of when I acquired my Girls und Panzer pachinko last summer thru From Japan. It was 37.1 kg and shipped via DHL in three days. Yes I kept the box! For that price I will reuse it someday

thumbnail.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Oh and there's the possible over sized box packaging fee of another 2500 yen. Here is a sample for you of when I acquired my Girls und Panzer pachinko last summer thru From Japan. It was 37.1 kg and shipped via DHL in three days. Yes I kept the box! For that price I will reuse it someday

thumbnail.jpg
    So you got yours then for about $530? Mine is about the same but am being quoted $700!! From Juno, so I think he's running a bit on the high side for one reason or another. Sounds like I am going to go thru FromJapan. FromJapan has that estimate calculator that lets me select, and DHL is much cheaper for international shipping.

Last edited by Nethawk86; 01-18-2018 at 10:01 PM.
    Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Nethawk86 View Post
    So you got yours then for about $530? Mine is about the same but am being quoted $700!! From Juno, so I think he's running a bit on the high side for one reason or another. Sounds like I am going to go thru FromJapan. FromJapan has that estimate calculator that lets me select, and DHL is much cheaper for international shipping.

Ran into an issue now. Went through FromJapan and placed a bid. Then 4 hours later I get a notification that my bid has been deleted/cancelled. I tried to login and create a yahoo japan ID to post a question to the seller saying that I am a legit bidder bidding through proxy and to not cancel my bid, but I cannot get passed the capcha on the registration page. I tried contacting FromJapan to see if they can contact him but they are slow in their responses and I have little time left.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Some sellers just don't like deputies and will cancel auctions.

Also for info.
    Both Pachislo I shipped were 45kg each and the one TSV shipped was 40kg. The post office will not ship if over 30kg. So EMS is out unless you have 2 packages sent.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yes I've seen a couple cancelled out from under me but then they relist the same auction later in time. You may never get signed up under Yahoo Japan. Some sellers will not correspond especially about international bidding. I've learned to read every bit of each auction page that I seriously consider bidding on. Even then some things can be lost in the translation.

I asked Juno about his handling of machines about six months ago and he told me that he adds a $100 up-charge to process these into two separate shipping boxes. I do not know if this is still the case as I shifted to From Japan back then. Juno is great in his services but From Japan saved me a fair amount more overall.

That same item may come up for auction again. Post a link here if you like. Some members know Japanese and may offer some insight as to what is really being said in an ad compared to a web page translator.

15. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So I managed to win that auction. I bid again after he cancelled my first bid. Since FromJapan uses different accounts every bid you place, the second bid account had higher positive ratings, so I guess he was better with that lol. Right after that ended, I resumed my search for my remaining games I've been looking for. And as soon as I went back to my saved search listings, the one I've been looking for that's the rarest just popped up 1 minute before I hit search lol. So now I am back at it with another. This one apparently has a power supply issue they say, but it works, just glitchy. Real happy with that timing lol, any luck my last game will pop up after this one too!!!!

Aliens Fanatic!

17. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Nethawk86

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So here are the winners! I got extremely lucky and got them both right after the other. Been after these for 10 years!! Were insanely hard to find. Thanks INSANELY to you guys who pointed me to the Japan auction site, never would have ever found these if not for you. The Aliens is fully working, just has some surface rust (nothing a little vinegar and tin foil cant remove). The Alien needs a new power supply they say, so I will be grabbing that shortly, but looks very clean! Now I just need the AVP pachislo and AVP Slot machine and my collection is complete!

debiddogarubarudiru-img600x800-1516516878id3jm52959.jpgdebiddogarubarudiru-img600x800-1516516879cbnhij2959.jpgdebiddogarubarudiru-img600x800-15165168787y03jh2959.jpgslolove_777-img684x1200-1515997304llwmi31892.jpgslolove_777-img1200x900-1515997305x2wrce1892.jpgslolove_777-img1200x900-1515997305xebzmp1892.jpgslolove_777-img1200x900-15159973041snbtr1892.jpg
    Aliens Fanatic!

19. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to Nethawk86

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Nice finds!
    So did you need to have the machines broken down into multiple parcels for them to be shipped to you or were they able to ship complete as one full machine per carton?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    Nice finds!
    So did you need to have the machines broken down into multiple parcels for them to be shipped to you or were they able to ship complete as one full machine per carton?
    Have no idea yet lol. They are supposedly on their way to the proxy bidders location for inspection and then disbursement to me state side. I asked if they can combine shipping for both machines since I got them around the same time and they said for international shipment they can. So still waiting to see cost and everything. FromJapan had DHL access which is cheaper and has a higher weight limit than EMS and others compared to what Juno offered which was only EMS. He was the one saying he would have to disassemble and ship in pieces to meet the weight limit.

Aliens Fanatic!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

How cool! glad you got them. Collection is almost complete. I had a question though. In your arcade photos you showed many non-aliens games. Some were but many not. No where in those original photos did I see your Pachi-collection. Did you not find a space for them yet? Or are they in another room? Id love a video walkthrough of your game room! pls.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    How cool! glad you got them. Collection is almost complete. I had a question though. In your arcade photos you showed many non-aliens games. Some were but many not. No where in those original photos did I see your Pachi-collection. Did you not find a space for them yet? Or are they in another room? Id love a video walkthrough of your game room! pls.
    I have Aliens by Konami, Alien vs Predator by capcom, and Aliens Extermination by Global VR. Just missing Alien 3 the gun by Sega, and Aliens Armageddon by Raw Thrills to complete the entire arcade collection. The Alien pinball i finally backed out of as they had my $9000 for 4 years now and I still never got my pin. And they still haven't shipped the limited editions to the US which is what I ordered. So I will get that when it actually...you know....is made lol. My slots and such are in another room yes, and will take pics when I get these new ones in and running. I didn't have some of the aliens games on when I took those pics but you can see them as they are the ones without the marquees on.

Aliens Fanatic!

24. The following user says "Thanks" to Nethawk86

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks man! Please take video of your gameroom walkthrough! Id love to see the 'rooms'.

And of course. I know your need the aliens coin pusher?

lol
    Calypso

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast