Thread: Late Introduction and My Start on Pachis

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Late Introduction and My Start on Pachis

To be honest, I never knew I'd signed up here. I think I must have done a few years back and just forgotten about it....Anyway that's Nomihodai for you!

I'm PekoJPF. Peko from the Fujiya character, and JPF from Jackpotty Forums. I'm from the UK but I live on the Miura peninsula, Kanagawa, Japan. I've owned 3 machines during my time here, Sakura Taisen, Gamera HGV, and Hokutonoken. I love my pachinko and pachislo and have a lot of respect for the game design and innovation. I've made some decent profits, and suffered a few losses, but my main motive for playing is the game and its enjoyment. Unfortunately due to my current living arrangements I've had to sell off my machines so currently own nothing. In my spare time I do design machines just as a hobby.

Before I came to Japan, I was a semi-pro gambler in the UK. I started very young at 10 years old (you could in the UK) and played machines until I was 22. The last 5 years of that were semi-pro and I could make a decent bit of money. The industry changed, however, and my discipline was awful. I still enjoy playing UK slots on my vacations and making a few hundred quid.

When I first came to Japan almost 4 years back, I had no interest in going to the parlours, being under the impression that they were noisy and smoky. However, I often played in game centers. From there I moved onto the claw machines and was shocked at how quick you could deplete your bankroll going for stuffed toys and iffy electronics. About a year ago I thought about it, and if I played some pachinko and slots, I could lose my money slower, have a better game, and even have a chance of turning a profit. Since then I've been visiting my favourite parlour (Asoberu Derupara Yamato) semi-regularly and having a great time, win or lose.

My current favourite pachinko is undoubtedly Gingira Paradise Carnival 99ver, and for pachislo, Hokutonoken Tomo. My current records on each are 12209 on the Ginpara, and 6,442 on the Hokuto. I did achieve a 6,424 on the new Laughing Salesman slot, which is my highest on a parlour slot. Maybe these records will be beaten, maybe not. Only time and fun will tell...!

Looking forward to trying out new recommendations and reporting new machines landing in parlours here for you. For the record, the most recent Hokutonoken is not proving great, and the latest God slot (Another God Poseidon) has absolutely BOMBED where I play. If you are interested in a pachinko or pachislo, or want to recommend one, let me know and I can report back if I can get to it.
    Over and out

Peko

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to PekoJPF