Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
Hello and welcome, cool machine.

Couple things I've noticed. your lower ball track (with the cardboard cover) looks empty. This will cause your issue with the payout rubbing on the white levers. With the tracks full of balls it should pull those wires and free the payout mech.
It is true that in the picture the track is empty, I'd emptied all of the balls out when I started taking it apart. The lever doesn't just rub when it's empty, it actually catches completely, keeping the payout from moving. The payout rubs on those white levers even when the tray is properly filled.

Right now I have the back partially disassembled and the machine is laying on its face, so it's easy enough to move those levers without gravity resetting them.

Here you can see the levers in the position they would be in when no balls are in the tray:

Here you can see the levers in the position they would be in when balls are in tray:

In this picture you can see the relation of the levers with the payout when the payout is activated:

As you can see in that last picture, the white levers are rubbing against the catch on the payout, in fact, when moving, it makes a bit of a squeeking noise. If I manually pull those levers back further, the squeeking goes away, and the payout moves far more freely.

As hkp points out, there's a bow in the wire, I'm currently suspecting something snagged on those wires and bent them (or someone bent them intentionally for some reason, I wouldn't put it past the previous owner, they did other odd things to the machine.)

For stripped plastic holes, I drip some Bondic into the hole, cure it and screw in the screw.
I'll give that a try!
The foul outlet returns the ball to the shooter tray, cool feature I think.
Yeah, I noticed that! I had just enough balls where I could fill the hopper to the point where all the pressure plates were triggered in the upper and lower ramp, and still have 4-5 balls left over to kind of play with. It's definitely going to take a delicate touch to get used to not chucking the balls into the foul lane. Even with the flipper only pulled back about half way it goes into the foul lane, slightly less and it tumbles properly through the play field, and slightly less than that and it won't make it out of the starting ramp (no clue if I'm using the right terms here, just guessing.)

Also noticed your overflow wire near the shooter is on the wrong side of the plastic ball loader piece. Should be behind the loader not in front.UOGm5WP.jpg
Thanks! I've actually got that piece completely removed at the moment, so I'll be sure it's on the other side when I reassemble it. I've actually got a ton of the back removed at this point, and something I didn't realize until I got to the point of having the back mostly disassembled is that the large clear shell actually completely detaches from the rest of the machine via some clips, so I could have actually completely removed most of the mechanicals from the back of the machine just by pulling that clear shell off of 5 clips on the back. It even includes the wiring harness. Once the clear shell is removed, I can easily access the various ramps coming from the front of the cabinet, and was able to get the last stuck ball out that way. That last ball was stuck in an odd spot, you can see it in this picture near the hinged part of the payout lever, between two pieces of the clear plastic shell: