Thread: Sankyo First timer !! Help please !!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Sankyo First timer !! Help please !!

Trying to get this thing up and going but it's my first Pachinko. I know I have the wrong upper ball tray, but it's all I could find, the original slid in on some side brackets.
    I don't think that is an issue, except for some spilling, I'll fix that.
    Sankyo-Back1.jpg

Not sure what to tell you, this looks like a lot of other but is table tennis themed and has 2 hippos on the bottom of the game board.

I searched high and low but I can not find a shot of a machine with the same backside as mine. Or I'm completely missing something or searching the wrong terms.

I know there is a weighted lever that is broken on the first chute off the upper ball supply. But is it supposed to be connected to something or ?? and on the opposite end of that chute there is a dual flap that appear to flatten the ball supply if they are doubled up and a toothed barrier to stop the supply with a tab on it that on mine is not connected.

It would be real helpful if someone had a clean shot of a complete game so I know what I'm missing.

Sankyo-Back2.jpgSankyo-Back3.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Sankyo First timer !! Help please !!

The weight missing is to activate a switch for low ball light. The flap at the end is a service lever to block the flow of balls if required.

Found a better pic in the thread titled fixing up an old friend.
    Last edited by Tink; 01-10-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Sorry, thread called working on an old friend.

Can't get the link to work.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So for regular play you just flip the service lever over to not impede the balls?

So it sounds like both of those are not 100% necessary ..

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Correct on the service lever. You would want the weight if you plan on adding the switch and light for low ball.

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Correct on the service lever. You would want the weight if you plan on adding the switch and light for low ball.
    a properly placed and weighted spring will work as well... (been there done that)
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, I assumed something was missing, and it is, but nothing from keeping me playing then. My problem may be just an adjustment then. I was playing around with the adjustment on this trap door thing I've pointed to in the picture (Red Arrow).

The problem is, I will get a reward sometimes but after the first payout 1 or 2 the balls get stuck not clearing this trap door, if there is more than 1 ball in there, on the lever arm(Green Arrow), it gets backed up and nothing clears the trap door. I'm assuming this long lever(Green Arrow) that resets it is not supposed to back up with multiple balls?

If I understand the mechanism, a ball landing on this longer arm will reward a payout, when the payout drops it hits the upper lever(blue arrow) and resets the see-saw thingy also releasing the ball that started the payout on the long lever through the trap door?

If I'm correct I think I just need to open the trap door a little more to get a more consistent release. Currently I get backed up on that long lever arm with multiple balls and then it jams and I have to take it apart to clear it. I don't think there is supposed to ever be more than one ball on the long lower lever.

And what it that spring loaded plunger under the see saw for? Obviously this resets the see-saw but why is it necessary?
    Sankyo-Back4.jpg

If any of you have leads I'd like to find the original ball supply bin and replace the broken low ball lever and switch...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by spiwrx View Post
    OK, I assumed something was missing, and it is, but nothing from keeping me playing then. My problem may be just an adjustment then. I was playing around with the adjustment on this trap door thing I've pointed to in the picture (Red Arrow).

The problem is, I will get a reward sometimes but after the first payout 1 or 2 the balls get stuck not clearing this trap door, if there is more than 1 ball in there, on the lever arm(Green Arrow), it gets backed up and nothing clears the trap door. I'm assuming this long lever(Green Arrow) that resets it is not supposed to back up with multiple balls?

If I understand the mechanism, a ball landing on this longer arm will reward a payout, when the payout drops it hits the upper lever(blue arrow) and resets the see-saw thingy also releasing the ball that started the payout on the long lever through the trap door?

If I'm correct I think I just need to open the trap door a little more to get a more consistent release. Currently I get backed up on that long lever arm with multiple balls and then it jams and I have to take it apart to clear it. I don't think there is supposed to ever be more than one ball on the long lower lever.

And what it that spring loaded plunger under the see saw for? Obviously this resets the see-saw but why is it necessary?
    Sankyo-Back4.jpg

If any of you have leads I'd like to find the original ball supply bin and replace the broken low ball lever and switch...
    Any winning ball on the playfield is fed to the seesaw, from the seesaw it passes down to ( what I call) the spoon (green arrow), which in turn releases the payout. The payout balls will fall onto the payout ramp ( blue arrow) which should lift the (what I call) the paperclip (red arrow) releasing the winning ball from the spoon.

There should never be more than 1 winning ball on the spoon. Most often this issue is due to sticky or dirty pivot points. the pivot on the payout ramp may be sticky and not be dropping completely thus blocking the lift of the paperclip. Sometimes a slight bend in that rod will fix the issue, but not normally required after cleaning.

11. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the help. Previous owner had oiled all the pins and they have all become gummy over time. I cleaned them all up and left them dry. a few I tried some graphite. I think I have it all working as best it can now!

13. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to spiwrx