Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: How'd you get into pachinko/pachislo?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How'd you get into pachinko/pachislo

i was at a car boot sale at seaham the kids saw a guy called eddy selling pachislos could not get the kids to move then about 3 weeks later i was watch one of the shopping channels and i saw the rock bottom slots add and i thought they look good but iam not paying £200 plus shiping and the kids said can we have one of them so i had a look on ebay found a guy called steve (777 heaven) and the rest is history only a week since i got the first and i was back today getting number 2

2. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to rodtrotter

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: How'd you get into pachinko/pachislo?

When I was in 3rd grade, I had a friend who returned from living in Japan for a year. His dad was a bigshot with Moog Industries and was on assignment there. Anyway, they brought back two pachinko machines and I was instantly turned on.
    In 8th grade we moved, and this Japanese kid down the street invited me over to his house one day. He had two pachinko machines in his finished basement. He was amazed that I already knew about pachinko said I was the first person who didn't ask what the hell those things on the wall were. Because I was also familiar with other bits of Japanese culture from my previous friend, we hit it off well, and we're still best friends (more like brothers) over 25 years later.
    I have yet to buy my first machine. I was initially looking at some vintage machines because that's what I was familiar with, but now that I see these modern machines, they just blow me away and I'm hoping to have one in my possesion by Thanksgiving. I'm probably going to grab the Nishijin Sakura. My wife's affraid that I won't limit myself to just one. She's probably right.

Mark

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to RandomTask

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Yep!

She's deff right!!

Angie ...
    Pachinkos, Pachislos, Coffee, Papercraft Ninja, Pinball

I ran away with the Steampunk Circus!
    I was hiding in a room in my mind...
    You crush the lily in my soul...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I first got into this when on my way to work there was an antique shop displaying them outside, I stopped played with a few of them and like many of you hit a bonus and was hooked, It was Tarot Master however as creepy as that machines first night home was, because it kept landing on death i was like oh my, it didnt stop me one bit, i immediately hopped on the computer and did some research and stumbled across Stealth Home Amusement. Milt seems to have a very good rep, anywho i have bult up my collection since. and it continues to grow only now i am on to something new, i would like to do this mod to most of my machines if i can find a rather inexpensive way of doing it which will be a roundtop topper, then laminate the entire cabinet, i figure i would need a duplicate copy of the bellyglass florescent fixture, and some type of material that is inexpensive and will shape to a rounded arch the nice thing is that pachislo design cabinets depth wise are all pretty similiar so creating mass quanity of the same thing and attaching them to most of my machines would be pretty sweet. the only other thing i would want to do and research out a little further would be can the transformer handle the extra load and also i would want a candle for the top, it would put a whole new spin on the look of pachislo. I have included a pic of what it kinda would look like i am not that good with computer stuff so that was tricky doing that.
    Attached Images Attached Images

7. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to pachiroom

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just stumbled across this thread and figured that I needed to brush it off and ad my story.

I grew up with a vintage in the living room (still have it) that my mother had bought in 1976 from a coworkers son that was living in Japan at the time. When I was 15 I picked up another one from one of my mothers friends that had gotten one at the same time but had left it sitting in the basement after the shooting lever broke.I got it home, cleaned it up, fixed the handle and they sat in the living room until I moved to McMinnville and they ended up in storage forgotten.

From time to time I would look at them on ebay but never had much interest but one day In March of this year I was looking at Evangelion stuff and found the first Eva pachinko from Bisty for $300.00 plus shipping. I hit buy it now before I could talk myself out of it. I started looking around on line and found PatchiTalk and started lurking around and learning all that was available on the things. I bid on 4 more machines before my first modern had arrived.

I built up most of my collection rather quick and then my job vanished (along with my fun money) so have stooped buying at the moment but am so totally hooked that I drive people crazy. Like Arby I also carry a few balls in my pocket.
    the

LLTR

9. The following 11 users say "Thanks" to owennewton

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hi all and sorry for updating such an old thread. As a new member of Pachitalk I though to take this opportunity to present myself. I'm just in the beginning of my addiction with pachinko and thou I don't have any machine yet I think I'm here to stay.

It's really strange how I got here in the end. I'm mostly interested in console gaming new as well as old ones. The consoles I own are: Sega MegaDrive (Sega Genesis in the US), Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Nintendo GameCube, PS2, NDS Lite. I play mostly retro games and shmups. I'm also a sucker for arcade sticks and goofy game controllers.

As I was looking for my next Sega Saturn game on eBay I found this realy neat pachinko controller from Sankyo together with a pachinko game for a decent price. My knowledge of pachinko was very limited at that time. I have tried it once when I was visiting Japan about 6 years ago without understanding much of what was going on. So, I did a little research on internet and found out that this controller is the exact replica of the real Sankyo pachinko controller. I also found out that there are not many pachinko games on Saturn that support this controller. Only 3 games released by Sankyo called Sankyo Fever Jikki Simultaion I, II & III.

I ordered the controller and also a game that should work with it. I still haven't received neither of them but during my wait I started to do some more research and eventually found this forum. Since then I got this strange obsession of getting a real pachinko machine, started to make lists of the most wanted ones, looking for pachinko vendors, trying to find stuff at home to sell on the ebay to get enough money, looked through many videos of game play on youtube, even dreaming of pachinko at night. I'm realy am deep in the s**t am I? What do you think?
    If you turn and face the strange then the monsters will change into
    guardians of strength and light. We'll be travelling the spheres of the universe.
    Unser Herz und Geist sind befreit...

11. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to psyduck

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Is that the Nasuka (Blue/Yellow) or FF (Blue/Silver) controller? The first is from about 1994-1995 and the other is 1996-1998.

Here, get into real trouble:

Video games on Yahoo Japan Auctions
    Attached Images Attached Images

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

13. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It's this one:
    If you turn and face the strange then the monsters will change into
    guardians of strength and light. We'll be travelling the spheres of the universe.
    Unser Herz und Geist sind befreit...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I started about half a year ago. Been collecting some games for a game room I was designing in the basement when I saw an add on craigslist selling a pachinko machine. In this region, they seem rare. I looked it up and saw what it was, and it seemed interesting. I never got that machine, it was too far away. But a few weeks later, someone else was selling one about an hour away on ebay. I won and went to pick-it up. He had a second one in better condition (first was a 60's model, the second was a late 70's model). I bought both. I enjoyed fixing them up, cleaning them, and tinkering with them probably more than playing them. I then got two more, a 1950's one and another 60's one. The 60's one I fixed up and sold (my wife was on my case by then). However, I now got three and I am looking to get a modern one, and one from the 80's and one from the 90s to complete my gameroom collection.

Mark L

16. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to vidusa

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Parents bought me a Nishiijin when I was 16, don't have that one any more.. bought one a few years ago and had it in storage, pulled it out for my 3 year old son, and he went crazy over it. Just bought a Gladiator about 2 weeks ago.

Last edited by frompkin; 09-18-2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: pictures too big

18. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to frompkin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I love it when someone dusts the cobwebs off of these old threads! Thanks!
    Dawn

20. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to dattia

Chicken Fried Steak takethecastle57's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by vidusa View Post
    I started about half a year ago. Been collecting some games for a game room I was designing in the basement when I saw an add on craigslist selling a pachinko machine. In this region, they seem rare. I looked it up and saw what it was, and it seemed interesting. I never got that machine, it was too far away. But a few weeks later, someone else was selling one about an hour away on ebay. I won and went to pick-it up. He had a second one in better condition (first was a 60's model, the second was a late 70's model). I bought both. I enjoyed fixing them up, cleaning them, and tinkering with them probably more than playing them. I then got two more, a 1950's one and another 60's one. The 60's one I fixed up and sold (my wife was on my case by then). However, I now got three and I am looking to get a modern one, and one from the 80's and one from the 90s to complete my gameroom collection.

Mark L

The Dark Side has another follower . GOOOOOOD GOOOOD
    When things don't go right the 1st time , Step back ,Take a break and come back renewed. RGS

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Found one at a thrift store, met everyone here, they all seemed like people I'd like to know! Became hooked couple weeks later bought another and now im looking into a third!

23. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to Banzaitrooper

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5