Thread: Google Translation App , Works great at translating picture to English words

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Google Translation App , Works great at translating picture to English words

Google Translation App , Works great at translating picture to English words!
    Attached is a Sample of a Warning Sign on my Azure Yajikita Dochuki X
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sandwich Shooter stampeed valkyrie's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Google Translation App , Works great at translating picture to English words

Don't touch the law!

lol

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Google Translation App , Works great at translating picture to English words

google translate can really be hit and miss, espeically when it comes to peoples names.
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Google Translate can be very dangerous as well. There's some language in the photos below so use discretion. My wife and I were in Osaka a few months back and attempting to have our bags delivered to a residence in Tokyo. There's an awesome service in Japan in which large parcels are efficiently delivered and all you have to do is seek out a logo on a business storefront to see if they participate.

We were conversing with a very helpful owner of a laundry service and using Google Translate. Using the mic feature, I would speak and on occasion the lady I was speaking with would speak at the same time. On several occasions, I caught the English interpretation (not translation) of the Japanese speech on my screen and fortunately withheld translating it. Japanese words can sometimes be interpreted by the app if set to "English" as inappropriate language. On another occasion, I had not yet switched from English to Japanese when trying to translate her words. It could be very embarrassing if you are not watching the screen.

I saved these screenshots for my wife and showed them to her while we were on the train. I would have felt very bad if I had actually translated the speech and provided to the shop owner.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Hardy har har...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

So true! I've only used the app some on my tablet and hovering over the Japanese words would produce different translations at different angles. Then yet another word when taking a picture of the word(s). Thinking of the app doing an interpretation instead of a direct translation seems more like it.