Thread: 1976 Sanyo Comment - Modification I made. Is it common?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default 1976 Sanyo Comment - Modification I made. Is it common?

My first Pachinko machine was a single loader. Recently I aquired and repaired a 1976 Sanyo Comet II which has two trays in the front. The bottom tray looks like the jackpot tray of the single loader.

When I got the thing working I was surprised that the jackpots didn't end up in the lower tray but instead went directly into the upper tray. This seemed odd to me because I want to keep track of my "winnings".

I noticed that there was a boomerang shaped part inside the workings that was able to pivot. Someone explained to me that this part would divert the balls to the lower tray when the upper tray got to full. I tested this and it worked. (Although I can't for the life of me see how it works.)

Anyway It occured to me that I could add a small screw to lock this diverter in a new position that would send the jackpots to the lower tray. I tried it and it works perfectly!

To me this makes a lot more sense. I can, for instance, give my nephews and nieces each 15 balls in the upper tray and when those are gone they can see how many balls they have won in the lower tray. It also adds a little more interaction because you get to scoop those balls out and move them to the upper tray if you choose to do so.

Is this a common modification?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: 1976 Sanyo Comment - Modification I made. Is it common?

common, no but when people restore machines that pert gets put back in wrong so balls are diverted to the bottom..
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

It just makes so much more sense to me. I've been playing it this afternoon and I love getting jackpots and not having them automatically go back into the machine.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You and your grand kids need a pachinko counter, Mike!

Most folks like the reward balls going in the front, top tray.

I've seen mods on the Comet II to return all the "lost" pachinko balls to the front, bottom tray, does that do anything for you? (Semi-cyclic mod)

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

But if the reward balls go to the shooter tray, your more inclined to play them. Better for the parlor, not so much for you.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

6. The following user says "Thanks" to compirate

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Not common...but now that you mention it...it makes sense. Different on each brand...but basically the same. easy to figure out.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I first diverted the balls by changing the position of that boomerang shaped piece. Then I noticed that although most of the jackpot balls went to the lower tray a few snuck by and went to the shooter tray.

So I just removed that boomerang piece but that didn't divert all the balls either.

Finally I removed that piece AND added a plastic strip inside the orange cover. If you look at it from the inside you can tell where the balls travel and it's not hard to figure out where to add this strip of plastic to divert ALL of the jackpot balls to the lower tray.

Now when we play there is a definite end to each players turn. Each starts out with 45 balls and when they are gone you see how many jackpots you won. You can either count the balls or just look in the collection tray in the back and there will be one ball for each jackpot.