Thread: WTB: Star Wars Pachislo & Pachinko Games Wisconsin

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default WTB: Star Wars Pachislo & Pachinko Games (Wisconsin)

I'm looking to add the Star Wars Pachinko and Pachislo machines to my collection and live in Wisconsin.
    If you have any for sale or know of any leads I appreciate any help. I know the packinko's are listed for 800-$1000 on ebay and not really looking to pay that type of price. I will pay up for the Pachislo if I can find one. Thanks for any help fellow pachi memebers!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: WTB: Star Wars Pachislo & Pachinko Games (Wisconsin)

What games do you currently have?

I can tell you that the Star Wars pachislo (skill-stop) machine is extremely rare and they really come on the market. I know one guy in Illinois who has one but I don’t think he’ll sell it. GL finding one...and if you do be prepared to pay crazy sums of money if you want it (or else someone else with large sums of money will buy it before you do!)

I have one of the Star Wars battle of darth Darth Vader pachinko machines! This is the one that has the annoying clicking sound everyone hates! Fortunately I modified mine or I should say it was modified for me so it no longer clicks! And the game is super fun. Everyone seems to have the first edition Star Wars pachinko with R2-D2 and seems to want to sell it!! I see a ton of those selling super cheap on CL etc.

The game that seems to be the most difficult for pachinko and Star Wars is that second additional one with the light saber built in.
    I know somebody that owns one but he doesn’t want to part with it. I think you have trouble finding someone that is selling that onefor less than $1000. The other two SW pachinko games you should be able to get for under $1000
    Last edited by Calypso; 12-30-2017 at 04:56 PM.
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks for the insight Calypso!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

If you are looking for machines in Japan then there is this CRF STARWARS Darth Vader with a final bill of around $450? (my guesstamation) A lot cheaper than what I've seen for sale in the states. This is for a full machine but the same seller has just a cell for sale as well. I have this one and the R2D2 model and I think this one is better. There is a lot more variety in the scenes and in the light displays between the two frames.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x488568008
    CRF STARWARS Darth Vader.jpg

Be mindful that there is a possible higher risk in buying from so far away. Personally I have had more success in my machines shipped from Japan vs from within the US. Also you may need to add or change out the transformer. Some machines are modified and some are all original. Be cautious and ask questions of the seller if you are not sure. Some info can be missed in automatic translating software. (been there, didn't do that )

5. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great advice!

I’ve personally been nervous about the language barrier and I am not “techy” enough to know how to swap out a transformer (or even order the parts). So I have always stayed away from the possible savings that dealing direct with japan may bring.

So how many times have your ordered? Any issues?

obviously your comfortable dealing with the possible transformer swap out!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    If you are looking for machines in Japan then there is this CRF STARWARS Darth Vader with a final bill of around $450? (my guesstamation) A lot cheaper than what I've seen for sale in the states. This is for a full machine but the same seller has just a cell for sale as well. I have this one and the R2D2 model and I think this one is better. There is a lot more variety in the scenes and in the light displays between the two frames.

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x488568008
    CRF STARWARS Darth Vader.jpg

Be mindful that there is a possible higher risk in buying from so far away. Personally I have had more success in my machines shipped from Japan vs from within the US. Also you may need to add or change out the transformer. Some machines are modified and some are all original. Be cautious and ask questions of the seller if you are not sure. Some info can be missed in automatic translating software. (been there, didn't do that )
    Calypso

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso View Post
    Great advice!

I’ve personally been nervous about the language barrier and I am not “techy” enough to know how to swap out a transformer (or even order the parts). So I have always stayed away from the possible savings that dealing direct with japan may bring.

So how many times have your ordered? Any issues?

obviously your comfortable dealing with the possible transformer swap out!
    The two barriers, language and electronics, do come with some challenges for many like myself. I've been learning a little at a time as to what to look for and who or when to ask for clarification. The best electrical advice is to power down, unplug and double check your work before powering things up.

I've lost track of my number of deliveries from Japan as there has been a large mix between machines, parts and pieces, and other goodies. I've bought 3 complete machines without issue and only added transformers to them. One of them had been converted to run automatically on its own (which I didn't realize before delivery) but I can turn that feature off for regular play. The only downside is that someone had cut out some of the return ball track so all balls (lost and won) feed back to the shooter tray. I only use about 20 balls to play it manually as any more causes them to jam up. So that was something I missed in the translation about the machine.

Another purchase with problems was when I bought 2 cells that I thought I researched enough to be sure that they would work in frames I already had. One was fine with some minor wiring issues on the backside. I had a very identical layout on my other cell so I had the wiring harnesses to work off of for repairs. The other cell fit in the frame I had but only a small part worked. Turned out that it required the newer model of that frame. I found one cheap and bought it so all is well for that one too! Cost went up but I learned a little more.

8. The following user says "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Peteybob View Post
    The two barriers, language and electronics, do come with some challenges for many like myself. I've been learning a little at a time as to what to look for and who or when to ask for clarification. The best electrical advice is to power down, unplug and double check your work before powering things up.

I've lost track of my number of deliveries from Japan as there has been a large mix between machines, parts and pieces, and other goodies. I've bought 3 complete machines without issue and only added transformers to them. One of them had been converted to run automatically on its own (which I didn't realize before delivery) but I can turn that feature off for regular play. The only downside is that someone had cut out some of the return ball track so all balls (lost and won) feed back to the shooter tray. I only use about 20 balls to play it manually as any more causes them to jam up. So that was something I missed in the translation about the machine.

Another purchase with problems was when I bought 2 cells that I thought I researched enough to be sure that they would work in frames I already had. One was fine with some minor wiring issues on the backside. I had a very identical layout on my other cell so I had the wiring harnesses to work off of for repairs. The other cell fit in the frame I had but only a small part worked. Turned out that it required the newer model of that frame. I found one cheap and bought it so all is well for that one too! Cost went up but I learned a little more.
    Thanks guys! Anyone have a video of the crf play mode?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Thanks
    Thanks Received

lol @ fun promotional videos "Dasse-VEEDAH"
    Calypso

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Calypso