Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pachinko / Arrangeball Newbie "Hustler"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko / Arrangeball Newbie "Hustler"

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    just noticed in the pic but are you missing the front plastic covering that goes below the playfield?
    No, I just had it off. There was some debris in the track holding up the ball return.

I do have a broken piece on the lower ball return. There is a trap door, I'll call it, spring loaded. And the last inch of that plastic broke out, so I screwed a scrap aluminum part I had laying around there, so the balls wouldn't fall out. I'd like to replace it correctly, but finding parts for these things seems difficult at best...

trapdoor.jpgwall.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to spiwrx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, I replaced the caps, rectifier diodes and payout button. basically back where I started but with a little brighter lights. Or am I just not understanding something? What constitutes an end of game? I see no way this machine can count balls, no a switch in the shooter trough. I assumed at end of game you either insert another coin and play again or hit the payout button? Am I missing something? There is a Game Over Light that still doesn't work either (thought it was just a bad lamp but checked it). So what tells the machine the game is over?

At this point I writing my sketch for Arduino, but I need that question answered so I can finish it, how does the game normally end? Was I correct with the new coin / payout button or is there something I'm not getting?

I think the Arduino will be nice, because it will lend it self to LED conversion as well, but unless I over complicate it, I'll also need to add some wiring. I would guess from the amount of wires on the existing control circuit, the lamps must be in series with the switches. My initial sketch for the Arduino Mega, has them wired independently, but I'm still pondering how I'm going to accomplish this....

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

When. You are done playing the 16 balls you are correct. If you were in a parlour and wanted to play another game you would just put in another coin and it would automatically pay the winners and drop you 16 more balls. If you did not want to play another game you would just push the payout button and it would pay any winners shown. Then the next person could play.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

5. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The game over lamp lights via the switch in the coin tube. If the lights good it should be lit when your low on payout coins. Beginning to think you may have a board logic problem.

You mentioned it worked once. Is the switch in the coin mech working?

7. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    The game over lamp lights via the switch in the coin tube. If the lights good it should be lit when your low on payout coins. Beginning to think you may have a board logic problem.

You mentioned it worked once. Is the switch in the coin mech working?
    I get random intermittent results that I can not methodically replicate. So I agree I think there is a problem with board logic.
    All of the Switches work, and each always turns on lamp(s) it supposed to. The payout button was indeed bad, but I replaced it and still nothing. I just can't get the game to end. After all balls play (which I guess shouldn't even matter) a new coin does nothing, and payout (with or without paylines) does nothing.

I'm deep into programming arduino, then at least I'll know what I expect it to do. But I have 2 more questions that just came up.
    1) It looks like there is a coin reject solenoid. Mine seems frozen, but is it supposed to reject coins when off(powered down) and/or during play? (so it only takes 1 coin at a time)
    2) My top left light just has some characters on it(no English), is always on & reads around 3v(?), what is it supposed to represent(I assumed it was just a power light)? The top right light has characters and reads "Game Over" but has never lit. Nor do I get any voltage at the socket.

If the "game over" light is both low coin light (coin tube switch) & game over, I would assume it's only lit on low coin and/or after payout? Is it supposed to blink or something or how do you differentiate Game Over from Low Coin? Or maybe the low coin ties in with the coin reject?

I really appreciate the support thus far. I just want to understand all the features to get it working like it was intended. I'll get this thing going and share the arduino sketch if anyone is interested, when I'm done.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The top left light is the low coin light. The top right one is the game over light and should be off during game play and on once you’ve been paid. These machines don’t count balls so if for example you didn’t win anything and didn’t start a new game or press the payout button, the current game would still be active.
    Alao on my Satomi “Space Wars”, there’s two low coin switches in the coin tube and either one can be selected to trigger the low coin light. However, this machine will still play and pay with low or no coins and I have a few machines like that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

10. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The solenoid on the coin mech works from the switch in the coin tube. At least on the 2 Satomi's I have worked on. When the switch in the tube activates it pulls in the solenoid to block any coins from passing. You must push the coin eject button to get your coin back.
    On one machine I have worked on the upper left light is a power on light. Always lit when the machine is on. Mine has a bonus feature so the upper left is only lit during the bonus. Both machines have a game off light in the upper right that only light on low coin. Your's may function differently.

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you post a clear pic of the coin mech? I cannot see the switch wire that usually runs through it for the coin to activate a new game.

Also, can you trace the switch and relay wires? Still an unknown there as maybe the relay is your payout control.

14. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well I think I pushed it too far or it was just the final straw, but I was playing with the low coin switch to test the light (left) side and when I rotated it to simulate low coin, the light went out, but so did all the rest and now the machine is totally unresponsive. Good thing I finished my arduino sketch, but I have to wait for a couple 110v relays so I can switch the solenoids... Bummer I couldn't save it, but I'm confident I'll get it going with the Arduino.

Thanks everyone for the all input. It will help me with the programming. It should be simple to adapt to the other similar arrange balls if anyone else is interested. Could easily add a display or LCD for stats as well.

I already implemented a lamp test on initial power up. If I get bored maybe I'll add an attract mode light sequence and I was already planning on adding some LED lights to see how many balls are left.

I'm no arduino guru but this machine is simple enough I can figure the Arduino out for it...

unnamed.jpgunnamed1.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

keep in mind there is no "end of game" the player decides when the game has ended.. you can shoot 2 balls or shoot them all.. your machine has a replay slot on each side so a game could last 20 25 shot???

then you wither push the button or insert a new token.. that tells the machine the game has been played out.. there is no counter...
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great, thanks for clearing that up.

By the way, I found google translate has a phone app to translate Japanese to English from a photo.

The Characters on the relay switch on the back of the playfield translate to "test". It did on a couple occasions flutter a solenoid but I wasn't quick enough to tell which or all.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't forget you've got a fuse in there. Have seen those blow while testing things.
    Interesting on the test switch.

20. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Honestly, with everyone's input, I think I have it all figured out I'm sort of anxious to get the Arduino wired up and working along with the LED lights. I just temp'd up the light matrix and complied the code. I've been looking for practical use to get my feet wet on and this will do nicely. I was hoping to have it done this weekend, but I forgot to order the relays so it will be over the new years weekend before I have more time.

22. The following user says "Thanks" to spiwrx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great news, I got this thing working with a (clone) arduino mega. I had never used or written a program for one of these, but with input from you all and some support from the Arduino forum, I think I have this working as it is supposed to. I even added a couple of LED's in the ball trough so you can see how many balls are left to play.

Thanks again for your help, if you are interested in doing the same I'd be happy to help. More info on the project can be seen on a page here: https://create.arduino.cc/projecthub...oration-c2157d

24. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to spiwrx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Excellent work and a big thanks for the code link. Looks like a fun project, I may have to look into those Arduino's.

Can you post a working video?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Excellent work and a big thanks for the code link. Looks like a fun project, I may have to look into those Arduino's.

Can you post a working video?
    Yes, let me see if I can get someone to hold a camera for me....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

very cool and thanks for the link. at some point all of these machines' electronics are going to fail so its great to have this resource to run them with an alternate system.
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    very cool and thanks for the link. at some point all of these machines' electronics are going to fail so its great to have this resource to run them with an alternate system.
    Yes & the beauty is these boards are so cheap and the programming is relatively simple to learn.

Here is a quick video I just shot, didn't "score" anything but the payout is working as well. Also the wiring is a mess, but I will be refining it all after I get a couple more bugs out of it...

https://youtu.be/R0z71qAkSXA

29. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to spiwrx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by spiwrx View Post
    Yes & the beauty is these boards are so cheap and the programming is relatively simple to learn.

Here is a quick video I just shot, didn't "score" anything but the payout is working as well. Also the wiring is a mess, but I will be refining it all after I get a couple more bugs out of it...

https://youtu.be/R0z71qAkSXA
    Very cool. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Looking good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast