Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pachinko / Arrangeball Newbie "Hustler"

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Pachinko / Arrangeball Newbie "Hustler"

I just acquired a Satomi Hustler and know nothing about Pachinko, or Arrangeball. I have 2 Solid State Pinballs, Pooltable and Arcade game in my Garage/Game room so this will go along nicely, just hope to get it working as it's supposed to.

Currently it lights up, responds to first coin and plays, but thats it. After the last ball it is not responsive to another coin or replay/payout button.

Granted I only just got this machine and haven't done much but add some new balls and dust it off....

I need to go through the lamps and switches and I'll report back.

Photo Dec 15, 6 38 04 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 15, 7 08 06 PM.jpg

2. The following 5 users say "Thanks" to spiwrx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Pachinko / Arrangeball Newbie "Hustler"

mke sure all electrical connections are sound and closely inspect fr broken wires, traces, etc. so you have to turn the machine off then on to start a game?
    EM Pinballs & Arrangeballs

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    mke sure all electrical connections are sound and closely inspect fr broken wires, traces, etc. so you have to turn the machine off then on to start a game?
    Yes, basically. The coin switch works after the initial power up and the ball release solenoids drops the balls for play. But after the last ball is played, nothing... If I press the replay/payout nothing happens and if I add another coin nothing happens. I can manually press the ball release solenoid and that sees to reset the matrix lights and start a new game.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Can you post an inside pic or 2? Maybe we can spot something.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

sounds like an electrical issue. maybe a faulty chip or relay.
    does it pay out at all?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by emmadog View Post
    sounds like an electrical issue. maybe a faulty chip or relay.
    does it pay out at all?
    It did pay out once, then I was able to add a coin and play again. But then it never went to game end again.

I'll go through it again tonight or tomorrow with a meter and also takes some internal picks.

Thanks for your replies and help so far...

Thanks
    Thanks Received

OK, so I got ahead of my self and built a box for the wall, I have another Pachinko laying around I found llocally for $20 that needs some love as well. But as for the "Arrange Ball":

1) All the matrix switches and corresponding lights respond manually
    2) The skill shots also respond and activate their corresponding lights
    3) Looks like someone has installed a bucking transformer on the cord and is outputting 90v to the machine.
    4) Machine's transformer is going from 90(primary) to about 11v secondary
    5) The payout switch doesn't seem to show continuity on my meter but it's still in the circuit. I shunted it and still was unresponsive...
    Everything visually looks ok to me for it's age..

I see the coin holder also has a switch on it, but there are not enough coins in it to trigger. No sure if that has an ill effect on game play? I messed with it but it didn't seem to change anything.

Not sure what the small relay with a switch on the back of the playfield is for. In either position nothing seems to happen.

Photo-Dec-19,-9-21-35-PM.jpgPhoto-Dec-19,-9-21-27-PM.jpgPhoto-Dec-19,-9-20-45-PM.jpgPhoto Dec 19, 9 21 09 PM.jpg
    Last edited by spiwrx; 12-20-2017 at 02:13 PM.

9. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to spiwrx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

A couple thoughts here, the 90 volts on the machine may be a bit low and causing the secondary to be low as well. I will assume this ac voltage from the added transformer. The machine originally were built to run on 100 VAC 50hz, but seem to work fine on our 120/60.

Looks like you have a solenoid on the coin mech, if working correctly the switch in the payout tube should pull in the solenoid and not allow any more coins to be played when the payout tube is low of coins. Not sure this would effect the payout, but maybe.

If your payout switch is bad, at the end of a game you can simply short the 2 switch wires momentarily and you should get the payout. This is also assuming that the low coin switch is not effecting the circuit.

Does the switch in the coin tube work?

I have not seen this extra Switch and relay before.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

So a suggestion. Gold dollars work well in most arangeball. Buy a roll and put about 15 in the payout tube. Then activate the game manually. Take the 16 balls and put one in each pocket. If all the lights are lit then drop another coin in and see what results you get. If the machine does not have enough dollars in the payout tube it will not work.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

that micro switch in the coin tube activates when the token level is low. the low token light comes on which are the characters on the lens on the upper left of your playfield. it’s lit in the picture of the front of your machine.
    you can tape the lever down on the couch n tube micro switch so the machine thinks there’s tokens. useful to do when you’re testing payouts.

be vewy vewy quiet im hunting pachis... Lt Teddy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Regardless of how you get the low token light off you need to do it so you can figure out what if anything else is wrong. My last arrangeball that I bought was not working at all because of that switch. Works fine now.
    Over the hills and threw the woods, pachi hunting we go.
    Arrangeball Hunter
    ARRANGEBALLS 5, Slots 12

15. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Lt Teddy

Thanks
    Thanks Received

thats true, it just not necessary to spend the time and money on gold dollar coins before the machine is proven to work.
    hopefully the low token situation is the only issue here but a few of my machines continue to play with the low token light on.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

First of all thanks to you all for replying. I'm in numerous forums for all my different hobbies and interests and many of them are useless...

I only read the low coin replies this morning, I'll have to mess around with that when I get home. I tested the switch and it is working, but I didn't have enough quarters laying around to fill it yet.

I pulled the circuit board from the back box last night and found a couple rusted balls pinned behind it. I don't think they were in contact with anything, but suspicious...

The Diodes on the back don't look great but I'm more suspect of the bottom of the capacitors, what do you guys think? Easy enough to change but without a schematic I don't know how I can test them except to pull them anyway, then I may as well replace them. I can figure out testing the diodes, but those are simple enough to change as well.

I'm OK with elector-mechanical stuff but if this doesn't wrap it up I think I'm looking for an Arduino project anyway, and an Arduino Mega at <$15 on Amazon and some simple programming and breadboarding will get this thing to do what I want. We'll see. I'd like to keep it original.

In speaking with the previous owner it was a victim of a fire sprinkler, in a small storage unit fire. Possibly explains some of the graphics discoloration.

Here is my latest round of photos. Particularly excited that the chrome cleaned up good enough for me with a simple rub down with tinfoil and coat of Never-Dull (before & after photo)

Oh! I have yet to see the Red LED on this board to light up either. Are the blue capacitors(?) on the left side supposed to be ballooned like that?
    Photo-Dec-20sml.jpgPhoto Dec 20, 7 00 38 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 20, 7 00 48 PM.jpgPhoto-Dec-20sml5.jpg

18. The following user says "Thanks" to spiwrx

Thanks
    Thanks Received

1 More question, I got some 7/16(>11mm) balls on Amazon but they seem to get caught in a few places. Are they supposed to be 10mm?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

they have to be 11mm and they're easy to find on ebay. do a search for pachinko balls.

21. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

not sure about those caps and their “ballooning”. Tink knows much more about the electronic aspect of these machines so hopefully he can figure it out.
    i can’t remember bout the red led. I know I’ve seen it lit in my satomis but not sure if it’s lit only when a game is active or all the time. I’ll look at one of mine and see.
    i had a guy fabricate an operating system awhile back that worked great. it wasn’t an arduino but a micropic controller.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Those blue caps are probably Tantalum caps, look quite normal. But can be a source of failure. I would be more leery on the large electrolytics and they look somewhat burnt.

You can easily check the diodes with a meter as they usually open when failed. They appear to be a bridge rectifier and should give you a nice DC output at the red and black connections.

The red LED I suspect will only be lit under certain circumstances as it appears to be on an output from the 7400 IC.

You mentioned that it did payout once, so I would start by taping that switch closed and see what happens. Still a bit concerned your voltage is a bit low with that extra transformer.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Great, thanks for the input. I'll check those things, get the volts up & maybe replace the large Cap. & test again. I hope to find some time over the weekend, maybe I can scrape together a few more coins as well....

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I took a look at one of my Satomi's and the red led is off until the first game is started. From there it stays on with the exception of a few seconds each time the ball release solenoid is activated at the start of a new game.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to emmadog

Thanks
    Thanks Received

just noticed in the pic but are you missing the front plastic covering that goes below the playfield?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast