Thread: Newbie Needing Help!

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Newbie Needing Help!

Hi everyone! I bought a slot machine at a garage sale for my kids to play but unfortunately there's something wrong with it. Everything seems to work okay but when you put coins into the machine they automatically fall back out of the return tray instead of working their way through the machine and into the hopper and alerting the system that It can be played. I've had a few people try and help me by resetting the settings but that doesn't seem to work. Resetting it does not stop the machine from returning coins directly into the return tray. I don't
    know how to upload a video here but I do have a video uploaded on YouTube where I was trying to get help in the past. I can copy and paste the link here if you'd like to see it since I know absolutely nothing about these machines!

https://youtu.be/gS1oTe3lODQ

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Spoken4lady

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Newbie Needing Help!

First thing, very good video. Made it easy to see what your issue is.

Your machine is in "Reset Mode". Turn the key, on left side of the reels, to OFF and your machine should be ready to play. Also, you should here a "click" sound from the coin mechanism. It's that "little metal bar" you are talking about, being pulled in.

Your machine isn't really called Monte Carlo. It is called Hihouden, released by Daito in 2006. Some retailers change the belly glass insert to appeal to american buyers.

iaccess.jpg iaccess (1).jpg

Aftermarket volume controls are normally always necessary. Read this topic for some info. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...367#post574367

In the mean time, you can just unplug some speakers.

Here is how to do a "Hard Reset" and change the odds. You must do each step in order and correctly or the machine will not reset.

Changing Odds & Full Reset.jpg
    Last edited by Wayne-Ooo; 11-19-2017 at 04:34 PM.
    What if...​the ​HOKEY POKEY, is what it's all about?

4. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

6. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Picture of the key.

Untitled.png

8. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Before she joined the forum I walked her through the hard reset steps, yet she still has a problem. Kim, if you can post that second video you sent me on your YouTube page, everyone can have a look at it. I'm almost certain you got through the reset steps correctly.

Eric
    A Hardy har har...

10. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Welcome Aboard

What a cute machine.

As Wayne say, the machine name in Japanese is 秘宝伝 which can help in online searches
    Ian #UKPachinko

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a video she provided me prior to posting. The reset looks fine but two things are unusual to me. First, the voice. I have never had a machine make noise during a reset (it sounds like an error message in Japanese?), the second is the flashing skill level. Any ideas? Anyone that might understand the error message?

https://youtu.be/1HnBMrhqRvw
    A Hardy har har...

13. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Hello Spoken4lady and welcome to the group

Looks like a fun machine. You are in good hands here

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne-Ooo View Post
    First thing, very good video. Made it easy to see what your issue is.

Your machine is in "Reset Mode". Turn the key, on left side of the reels, to OFF and your machine should be ready to play. Also, you should here a "click" sound from the coin mechanism. It's that "little metal bar" you are talking about, being pulled in.

Your machine isn't really called Monte Carlo. It is called Hihouden, released by Daito in 2006. Some retailers change the belly glass insert to appeal to american buyers.

iaccess.jpg iaccess (1).jpg

Aftermarket volume controls are normally always necessary. Read this topic for some info. http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...367#post574367

In the mean time, you can just unplug some speakers.

Here is how to do a "Hard Reset" and change the odds. You must do each step in order and correctly or the machine will not reset.

Changing Odds & Full Reset.jpg
    Thanks so much for the advice! Unfortunately it's just not working. Meathead Has also been helping me with this without any luck. I go through the steps of resetting but I never hear the metal click in the door. The small metal piece continues to be in the way which will push the coins back into the return tray instead of allowing them to work through the machine and into the hopper. Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I uploaded two more YouTube videos that show details on the problem I'm having with the machine. Resetting it does not seem to be working.

17. The following user says "Thanks" to Spoken4lady

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here are the two videos she added:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTRpMd67rT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o42jg-LqGqw

The audio of the machine is repeating an error message I believe. Is anyone able to provide a translation?
    A Hardy har har...

19. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I just tried Google Translate and got a result, "It is open"

It's possible the fault is with the door lock/switch. The machine may be designed to reject tokens if the door is not properly closed. And it may be you are closing the door properly, but some wiring may have been damaged, a connector is not fully seated or some type of sensor is missing.

Of course, this is a wild-a$$ guess on my part since I'm not aware of such function on my machines. But if the female voice is saying, "It is open", I'd be inclined to check anything that might make the computer think the door is not properly closed. And while you are checking all the connectors to be sure they are properly seated, unplug and replug the hopper as well. It seems to be the most common connector to fail on my machines.

It's always helpful to post clear video and photos of the machine and what you've posted helps a lot. Hopefully we can get this resolved for you.
    A Hardy har har...

21. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Meathead

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I have a Ridge Racer machine that has a sensor for the door. The message in the video is the exact message mine says, when the door is open. I don't believe that is the problem. I can unplug the sensor and everything still works normally. I can even play the machine with the door open.

The problem is, why is the odds number flashing? That isn't normal.

I know it sounds to simple, but I would re-set all the connections. Unplug every connection in the machine and then plug it back in. Believe it or not this has fixed problems before. This has worked for me in the past.

23. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

Thanks
    Thanks Received

The lack of the "click" sound leaves me wondering if a wire is loose going to the electromagnet in the coin mech. The round disc behind the metal plate that routes your tokens becomes energized and pulls that plate back to accept the tokens into the machine. While checking your wire connections see if you can remove the coin mechanism to look over the backside of it and to check, reconnect the wiring connection leading to the magnet.

Just my two tokens worth

25. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Peteybob

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Once, I had a machine that the magnet was inoperable. Was having the same problem, that the tokens would fall through to the front tray.

My temporary solution, till I found a new one, so I could play the machine was to slide a piece of cardboard between the metal plate and the frame of the coin mechanism, to hold the metal plate back.

The problem to this temporary solution was that when depositing tokens, when the token count got to 50 it will still except tokens and they go into the hopper and not to the front tray. Wasn't really that big of a deal, you just need to stop depositing tokens when the credit meter reaches 50.

This is something you might want to try, so you can at least see if the machine will operate/play.

27. The following 4 users say "Thanks" to Wayne-Ooo

I was thrown out of Top Gear Drunkenclam's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Well if it says it's open. I would start with the door open switch. Or wiring loom. Checking operation of the switch with a meter. And inspecting the cable for any kinks or damage.

Also. As Wayne says. Try securing the magnetic plate on the token acceptor with tape or other and test operation. My first machine needed the plate bending to get if to work. But in the mean time. Gaffer tape worked.
    Last edited by Drunkenclam; 11-20-2017 at 07:37 PM.
    Ian #UKPachinko

29. The following user says "Thanks" to Drunkenclam

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I personally would leave the coin mech for last. It would be too easy to bend, break or lose a small part putting the machine into a condition where it could never be repaired. Daito is not a common machine and I don't consider it likely you'll ever find a replacement coin mech. I have found that the condition of coins not passing into the hopper is generally a result of another fault and the machine is designed to stop accepting coins at that point. Even if you were able to make the coins physically travel through the mechanism, they may not register as the machine may be in an error mode.
    A Hardy har har...