Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hi all, help please! New here, found a good deal, need some assistance

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Hi all, help please! New here, found a good deal, need some assistance

Hi there! I recently came across the pachinko balls I kept from 1979, and wondered aloud "I wish I had a pachinko machine..." and wa-la, today I found one and got it for a song at $100 for it and a chalk-painted dresser I need for Thanksgiving at a resale/thrift shop.

I believe it's a Nishijin Model C from what I have read so far. I downloaded the owner's manual from pachinkoman.com. I cleaned using recomendations from your threads, and added my balls to the top tray. It had only a few balls in the jackpot fill tube.

The 'wait' sign was up in the clear window by the playing lever before I filled the ball tray, when I did, it disappeared. Now I read the manual and it states that it can be played without power, however nothing happens when I trigger the playing lever. What am I missing?

Anything you can state regarding getting it powered up I will appreciate as well. Some of the videos I have watched show two fuses at top - mine has only one. But it does have a female input for an electrical connector of some sort just under what I believe to be the lights power-source. I'm thinking I need to wire that all up to a transformer and a 9v-12v battery

I will update this with pics when able as all my uploads keep failing.

You can view them all via my public dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m54v86f32...wp8athCja?dl=0

TIA!

2. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to geekgirl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hi all, help please! New here, found a good deal, need some assistance

Hello and welcome.

Nice machine. The power for the lights can be a battery or wall transformer. 9 volts dc will work as the lights should be 10 if not changed. Polarity won't matter, connect to the orange and white terminals.

Can you open the glass and the upper front tray to check the ball loading machanism?

Here is a pic for reference.2017-11-16 17.23.28.jpg

Pics here need to be under 2meg.

4. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: Hi all, help please! New here, found a good deal, need some assistance

take a look at this... power not needed for game play... lets get your machine working then worry about the lights..

http://www.pachitalk.com/forums/show...-Model-C-Video

and of course

Welcome to Pachitalk
    Last edited by Moparformances; 11-17-2017 at 12:23 AM. Reason: forgot to say welcome
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them
    .....Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has............./
    .........................................Margaret Mead

6. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Talking Re: Hi all, help please! New here, found a good deal, need some assistance

Thanks so much...

So in messing with it last night, the balls flow on the field just fine, the tulips seem to all work well, and the jackpot lady moves back and forth across her bridge, and the jackpot 'pays out.' However, I had to manually drop the balls on it. Yes I can open both the door and the glass face. I cleaned up that access and it appears fairly perfect.

When you use the play lever, I think something may be disconnected in the back. Still trying to find a close-up view of that area online. The balls did seem to hangup in the tray that feeds the jackpot area... I lifted the top cover, on the two-row feed, and the first row was filling just fine, but the outer row was not. (not sure what this is called as it is not on the operating diagram. Pic for reference:

Pachinko - Rear.jpg

The ball feeder is where I am not sure. Since I can't seem to get a ball to launch easily, it's been difficult to attempt to watch it at the same time. Do you see anything amiss in the photo?:

Pachinko - Ball Feeder.jpg

Do you think this item would work for the lights eventually? I'll just save it until then: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Simple-light-kit-for-Vintage-or-Antique-Pachinko-Machines-Finally/261192832424?hash=item3cd04e55a8:g:vgAAAOxyyF5RVfgf

Thanks again!

8. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to geekgirl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

looks like you might have a problem.. can you post a better picture.. (like the second pic above but a little lower and shooting up instead of pointing down)

if you take a look at this. at the 3 min mark the machine is played it only last for a few seconds but you can see the shooter arm interact with a plastic swing arm.. this swing arm moves a few pivot points and that action loads the balls from the shooter tray to the shooter.. its hard to see in your pic but that piece may be missing or misaligned..

see if this helps, look at the 3 minute mark..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRtCSJlsufA
    Never Doubt that a small group of thoughtful, .......... /........ If your not going to stand behind our troops
    ...committed people can change the world. ............. /.................Please, Please stand in front of them

10. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

take a look at this vid as well 3;18 in it talks about the over flow.. looks like the wire for your over flow is incorrectly hooked up..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEhvJSQqQA8

and last is a vid for the Model "C" if you have not seen it yet.. but the vid does not cover the shooter verry well..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP81pqsXH7c

12. The following user says "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Indeed, it appears you may be missing the plastic loader part that attaches to the front of the play field.

Here is a Shooter wire 1 smaller.JPGpic of a model B (clear plastic item) that loads the balls into the shooter lane.

Also, both lanes should be feeding freely to the jackpot mechanism. Check for any obstructions. your pictures aslo show the see-saw not resetting correctly for the next payout.
    Last edited by Tink; 11-17-2017 at 12:30 PM.

14. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Easy fix! Your shooter spring is missing.
    WOW! I didn't know I made it THAT BIG.

16. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Here's a couple pics showing the piece that looks to be missing.

2017-11-17 17.25.14.jpg2017-11-17 17.24.04.jpg

Attached to the front, goes through to the back.

18. The following 3 users say "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Moparformances View Post
    looks like you might have a problem.. can you post a better picture.. (like the second pic above but a little lower and shooting up instead of pointing down)
    Do these work? Sorry for the delay, I was on the road all day.

Pachinko - Lever Mechanism.JPGPachinko - Lever Mechanism-2.JPGPachinko -Ball Return.JPG

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by pachiwall View Post
    Easy fix! Your shooter spring is missing.
    WOW! I didn't know I made it THAT BIG.
    Thank you!

Pachinko - Shooter Spring.JPG
    or something else?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Indeed, it appears you may be missing the plastic loader part that attaches to the front of the play field.

Here is a Shooter wire 1 smaller.JPGpic of a model B (clear plastic item) that loads the balls into the shooter lane.

Also, both lanes should be feeding freely to the jackpot mechanism. Check for any obstructions. your pictures also show the see-saw not resetting correctly for the next payout.
    I'll clean that all some more. Thanks.

Is there a supply that would be able to sell these parts specifically without me having to browse ebay? Is this called the shooter wire, as your image is labeled?

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl View Post
    I'll clean that all some more. Thanks.

Is there a supply that would be able to sell these parts specifically without me having to browse ebay? Is this called the shooter wire, as your image is labeled?
    Not aware of any easy way to find parts. Ebay probably the easiest or other members here with parts machines. Shooter wire was just the name from a previous pic for another problem. Not sure what to call the part you need, ball loader hinge perhaps?

23. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Quote Originally Posted by Tink View Post
    Here's a couple pics showing the piece that looks to be missing.

2017-11-17 17.25.14.jpg2017-11-17 17.24.04.jpg

Attached to the front, goes through to the back.
    Would it be this loader lever?
    Pachinko - Loader Lever.jpg

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Don't think that's it. Different part.

26. The following user says "Thanks" to Tink

Thanks
    Thanks Received

On closer look...looks like you have one after all.

28. The following user says "Thanks" to pachiwall

Thanks
    Thanks Received

You might want to verify that the 'low balls' mechanism is fully disengaging. If it's not, it will stop balls from reaching the ball launcher. Some machines have an adjustment for it.

30. The following user says "Thanks" to hkp

Thanks
    Thanks Received

I wanted to thank you all... and I'll need to reread all of this when I get down to really cleaning this one.

No joke, though. It's an illness. So in searching for parts etc on all of the sales sights I belong to, I found 3 more machines all sold as 'may work' parts, etc. Since I really wanted a working machine, I bought one on eBay that showed video of it working. I am now the proud owner of 5 machines. Only 1 of which knowingly works! Hopefully it will still work when it gets here, but I bought parts from the seller and they were packaged very well. I have high hopes!

Pachinko-1-Over-the-Bridge.jpgPachinko-1-Over-the-Bridge-2.jpgPachinko-2-Sky-Diving.jpgPachinko-2-Sky-Diving-2.jpgPachinko-3-Lobster.jpgPachinko-3-Lobster-2.jpgPachinko-4-Peacock.jpgPachinko-4-Peacock-2.jpg

Attached Images Attached Images

32. The following 8 users say "Thanks" to geekgirl

Thanks
    Thanks Received

pics of the backs please..

34. The following 2 users say "Thanks" to Moparformances

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Edited: A few more pics are in the albums on my profile.

1 Over The Bridge (you saw before)
    Pachino-1-Over-the-Bridge-(8).jpg

2 Sky Diving
    Pachinko-2-Sky-Diving-3.jpgPachinko-2-Sky-Diving-4.jpg Had to add legs to stand this one up - but it is the cleanest of the batch of three I picked up locally.

3 Lobster
    Pachinko-3-Lobster-3.jpgPachinko-3-Lobster-4.jpg

4 Peacock
    Pachinko-4-Peacock-3.jpgPachinko-4-Peacock-4.jpg This machine is a mess. I had to add legs to stand it up, but it's so out of whack it's wobbly. I had to use a cut off tool for 3 random nails coming from inside out that almost tore my hand open.

5 Butterfly
    In a photo album already - check my profile (9-pic limit, etc)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by geekgirl; 12-12-2017 at 01:22 PM.

36. The following 7 users say "Thanks" to geekgirl

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast