https://imgur.com/a/XxIlh

Now that I got the ball shooter working I have been playing with the machine some. I am curious what the LED readout in the front of the machine is for. Normally it alternates between "00" and "--". When you activate the fever mode it starts counting up by 10. Once the fever mode is over it goes back to "00" and "--".

I get that in part it is counting the number of balls that are going in that box, but is that the only purpose it serves? It doesn't seem like the number means anything. I originally thought it might be keeping score in-case the machine runs out of balls but if the machine runs out of balls it doesn't let you shoot anymore and the counter immediately goes back to "00".

Another thing it sometimes (not always) does is if the machine runs out of balls during the fever mode when the mode ends the machine shuts down. All the normal lights and sounds turn off, the motors stop and the to lights on the right and left center sides of the machine turn on and the machine sets off a very loud siren. The only way to make it stop is to unplug the machine and plug it back it, at which time it resumes running as normal. My first thought was it was a tilt sensor, like in a pinball machine or a coin pusher, but I haven't been able to find one.

It is a fun machine, even if it does go through balls like popcorn.

Anyone have any experience with this machine or one like it?

Thanks,
RW