Thread: General questions about Derby King

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default General questions about Derby King

https://imgur.com/a/XxIlh

Now that I got the ball shooter working I have been playing with the machine some. I am curious what the LED readout in the front of the machine is for. Normally it alternates between "00" and "--". When you activate the fever mode it starts counting up by 10. Once the fever mode is over it goes back to "00" and "--".

I get that in part it is counting the number of balls that are going in that box, but is that the only purpose it serves? It doesn't seem like the number means anything. I originally thought it might be keeping score in-case the machine runs out of balls but if the machine runs out of balls it doesn't let you shoot anymore and the counter immediately goes back to "00".

Another thing it sometimes (not always) does is if the machine runs out of balls during the fever mode when the mode ends the machine shuts down. All the normal lights and sounds turn off, the motors stop and the to lights on the right and left center sides of the machine turn on and the machine sets off a very loud siren. The only way to make it stop is to unplug the machine and plug it back it, at which time it resumes running as normal. My first thought was it was a tilt sensor, like in a pinball machine or a coin pusher, but I haven't been able to find one.

It is a fun machine, even if it does go through balls like popcorn.

Anyone have any experience with this machine or one like it?

Thanks,
    RW

Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: General questions about Derby King

I don’t know exactly what the light indicate. Could it be flashing every time a ball scores or possibly every time a ball is lost. It could be sending win/loss data to the parlor software? My guess is that when it counts 1-10 that it is counting fever rounds. As for the machine stopping and sounding a siren when it runs out of balls during a fever, remember that these machines are designed to be played in a pachinko parlor, not home use. If a player in a parlor is in the middle of a fever and suddenly the machine is without balls to pay the winnings it would make sense that the machine would stop and a siren would sound to alert the attendant to come fix the problem. Once the problem was fixed, the machine would finish the fever round paying out properly.

3. The following user says "Thanks" to Spyder138

Gibisans - Japan West compirate's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks Received

Default Re: General questions about Derby King

If you get a ball in the '1' or '2' pocket at the bottom, the left number lights up '1' to indicate the wings are going to open. Then if you get one in the horses mouth and the bonus rounds start, the left number is the round, the right number is the balls you've placed in that round (1-10). I'm not sure how many rounds that game has per bonus, but the machine is supposed to pay about 850 per bonus overall. And yes, if you don't play a bonus round completely through, it assumes there was a malfunction of some kind and errors out. Like 'who wouldn't play out a full bonus round?' Although I believe it's got a mechanical system in the back to store 'wins' till the game can be refilled.

Look up ダービーキング パチンコ , you'll get a few videos off that
    Last edited by compirate; 11-11-2017 at 08:14 AM.

人生は恐れなければ、とても素晴らしいものなんだよ。
    人生に必要なもの。それは勇気と想像力、そして少しのお金だ。

5. The following 6 users say "Thanks" to compirate