Hey everyone. I scored another Hokuto No Ken machine in my area. 10 of the lights were out so I purchased some replacements and realized that some of the bulbs that were not lit were actually not blown.

Problem: The left reel does not supply power to the top and bottom bulbs. The center reel does not provide power to the bottom bulbs.

If I take any of the faulty reels and connect them to the right most reel, ALL the lights are lit up. The problem is not the lights or the board the lights are fixed to. The problem at least has to do with the power board that the reel assembly connects to. I looked it over and do not see any obvious faults with wiring or board level problems. Here are some photos:

Circled in red are the power connectors for the bulbs. Once again, the right most side provides full power to the bulbs. I removed this board and examined it. It appears healthy.

DSC_0358.JPG

DSC_0360.JPG

DSC_0362.JPG

DSC_0361.JPG

^ Circled in red is where the power board for the reel bulbs connects to.

I hope someone has ran into this in the past. Any help is appreciated! If all else fails I am going to try to jump the pads on the board that the bulbs are seated on. It will look weird during lighting animation but at least they will be lit up.